Why do you hate Willie Scott?

Stoo said:
The thread, "Why do you hate Wille Scott", has been merged with " Indy/Chinese translation for TOD"

Jesus, theres another thing!

She lived, performed and SANG in Chinese...why does she need Shorty to translate?!

Willie is useless.

Yea! Willie makes another list!

Six of the Most Annoying Movie Sidekicks

Originally poted by Nicola Timmins

Hollywood history consists of countless movie sidekicks that we either love or hate. Here are six that definitely fall into the latter category?

C-3PO (Star Wars)
?In a galaxy far, far away?? live a couple of film characters from the Star Wars saga that get on our nerves.

This list contains two of them and first up is C-3PO, the bumbling droid that is one of only four characters to feature in all six Star Wars films, much to the frustration of fans of the cult franchise. C-3PO seems to do very little from start to finish in Star Wars other than annoy us with his voice, his shuffling, plodding walk and his prudish attitude.

Donkey (Shrek)
Eddie Murphy as an actor divides opinion ? so it?s hardly surprising that his voiceover as Donkey makes him a marmite character that you either love or hate.

While Donkey is popular with films fans of a younger age, adults soon tire of hearing him chirping away, especially if they?re forced to watch Shrek over and over on loop with their kids.
Just as Donkey harasses Shrek in the first movie, he pesters the audience.

Gollum (Lord of the Rings)
Is there a more insipid-looking movie character than Gollum? And what?s with his voice? Some people have suggested grotesque Gollum sounds like Donald Duck ? and they?ve got a point.

If the Lord of the Rings films were not quite as long then it probably wouldn?t be an issue.
But with the running time of the trilogy combined coming out at nearly 10 hours, Gollum grates ? a lot.

Jar Jar Binks (Star Wars)
?Wesa? try and like Jar Jar Binks because it?s Star Wars and Star Wars rules ? but it?s impossible.

This clumsy oaf has no redeeming features and just the sight of his ears flapping around when he bounds about is enough to get Star Wars fans reaching for their replica lightsabers in anger.

Must rank as the most annoying movie character ever.

John Connor (Terminator 2)
What was director James Cameron thinking when he paired together a ruthless cyborg assassin from the future and a brattish, greasy-haired kid?

Fortunately for Cameron, Terminator 2 went on to become a sci-fi classic following its 1991 release, but not without a few cringe worthy John Connor moments. If only there was an alternative ending on the DVD version of Terminator 2 that saw Arnold Schwarzenegger unleash hell on Connor.

Willie Scott (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)
Whip-wielding Indiana Jones has enough on his plate in Temple of Doom without needed to deal with stroppy Willie Scott?s hissy-fits and tantrums.

You?d think Scott would show some gratitude to Jones for the number of times he saves her in the film, but instead she plays up at every possible opportunity.

Luckily, she was long gone the next time the intrepid adventurer returned to our screens in The Last Crusade.

Fish1941

Willie Scott wasn't a sidekick. She was the leading lady. Short Round was a sidekick. Marion Ravenwood was not a sidekick. She was also the leading lady - in both the first and fourth films.

I can't help but wonder if Willie Scott was hated because she wasn't Marion or a Marion Ravenwood 2.0. I didn't want another Marion. I like Willie because she was different. She was amoral, sarcastic and self-involved. She was so far from perfect that I had a very easy time in relating to her. Also, she managed to save Short Round and Indy in the mine car. She saved Short Round on the bridge. And she and Short Round helped prevent Mola Ram from getting away on the ledge.

Neither Marion or Willie were perfect. Both were flawed in their own ways and both were entertaining to me.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I think Willie wasn't as favored (I hate the idea of Willie being hated) as Marion or Elsa because she was weaker than they were.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
405314_326271974073456_100000719686218_1040978_1776476467_n.jpg

...wonder what happened?:rolleyes:

Why did they changed that? Damn. I hadn't noticed before. I have to check my VHS tapes and make transfer :mad:

IndyBr

Sakis said:
Why did they changed that? Damn. I hadn't noticed before. I have to check my VHS tapes and make transfer :mad:

I didn't remember that too! :confused:
Not sure if I like the new one or the old one better.

Stoo

Sakis said:
IndyBr said:
I didn't remember that too! :confused:
Not sure if I like the new one or the old one better.
Guys, it's not from the movie. It's from the 1984, "Making of" TV special. (Sakis, as a site administrator, you should know this, damn it!):whip:

---
Willie Scott is HOT!

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Guys, it's not from the movie. It's from the 1984, "Making of" TV special. (Sakis, as a site administrator, you should know this, damn it!):whip:

---
Willie Scott is HOT!

Hahaha, I am not an administrator but what can I say? It's not the years, it's the mileage. :eek:

Fish1941

Sakis said:
I think Willie wasn't as favored (I hate the idea of Willie being hated) as Marion or Elsa because she was weaker than they were.

No she wasn't. When will that myth end? She was a tough survivor. Why is the toughness of women judged by how closely they behave like men? That makes no sense to me.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Fish1941 said:
No she wasn't. When will that myth end? She was a tough survivor. Why is the toughness of women judged by how closely they behave like men? That makes no sense to me.

She was a survivor for sure but she wasn't as gutsy as Marion or Elsa.

Sakis said:
It shows they produced both...now, why did they put Willie BEFORE the title?

That's a good question, that's THE question and keeping with the theme of the thread, I'll tell you why:

because she whored herself to the guy with final cut.

Art and Life / Life and Art ?

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
It shows they produced both...now, why did they put Willie BEFORE the title?

That's a good question, that's THE question and keeping with the theme of the thread, I'll tell you why:

because she whored herself to the guy with final cut.

Art and Life / Life and Art ?

Shame, shame, shame on you. :whip:

But if I was that guy I would have done the same. :hat:

Sakis said:
Shame, shame, shame on you. :whip: But if I was that guy I would have done the same. :hat:

Shame on ME?!;)

You would have sold Indiana Jones out to your libido?

Speilberg was either desperate or oversexed...to think the guy who made Jaws and Raiders settled for THAT shiksa!

Crack that whip said:
It's hard for me to take that list seriously if it starts with Threepio. I didn't bother going past that point.
The part of the article I didn't post makes the point that the author doesn't agree with all the picks, (I think it was a reader vote)...I like 3PO too, but at least he serves a purpose...to translate. It hardly discounts the truth of the Willie statements.

Henry W Jones

Willie is a translator too. She screams to convey when you (the audience) should be scared. ;) 3PO is a great character except I cannot stand his scene in AOTC where he swaps heads with a battle droid. That is some of the worst writing in all the star wars films. I cringe when I see it like Mutts Tarzan bit. :(

Henry W Jones said:
Willie is a translator too. She screams to convey when you (the audience) should be scared. ;)
:D

And thank the maker! The film makes such awkward leaps in logic and sensibility who knows what to think?!

Temple may as well be the bipolar equivalent to flashing lights and epilepsy!

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Shame on ME?!;)

You would have sold Indiana Jones out to your libido?

For Kate Capshaw? I would consider it. For Sharon Stone (if she was given the role of Willie) or Elsa Doody? Definitely! :whip:

Stoo

Fish1941 said:
Willie Scott wasn't a sidekick.
Correct, Fish Face. It's a list for dorks, made by a dork (or a collection of dorks). Notice how the list doesn't extend beyond modern, science-fiction/fantasy films.:rolleyes:
Rocket Surgeon said:
The part of the article I didn't post makes the point that the author doesn't agree with all the picks, (I think it was a reader vote)...
Good Lord, another list of 6 picks! Why do these intranets dicks pick six? Why not 17 or 43?:confused:

---
Without sounding crude & silly,
The beautiful, Miss Scott, charges my willy.
She is severely sexy and 'hot to trot',
Whereas, Marion Ravenwood* is definitely not!

Willie_02.jpg

*No offence to our beloved, Karen Allen.:)