Whom are bad-guys I could use instead of thuggees for an adventure-story?

James-Bean

An action-adventure-story along the lines of Temple Of Doom, that would be set in a hot, exotic locale and have some dangerous cult or even just cult-like group as the villains. But it has to be a group similar but different from Thuggees (as well as a different country from India) Just as a means to avoid too much similarity to Temple Of Doom.

Who do you think these villains could be instead of thuggees?

Last edited:
Could be a lost mayan tribe as they used to have human sacrifice, but maybe a bit too kotcs.

In the ashanti region of west africa human sacrifice was common, perhaps a hidden faction could of still exhisted in the 30's, I assume this is when it would be set? Or a good one might be the leopard men of west africa. They used to do their hunting dressed in full leopard skins complete with the leopards heads worn like a hoodie. Also to add a little spice they were also cannibals.

Hope these provide you with some inspiration.

Rob.

James-Bean

Those are some awesome-ideas Bro. Thank you!

My favorite of those choices you mentioned would probably have to be the Leopard-Men of West Africa. That is such an awesome-idea! Just so original.:)

micsteam

Yes nice !! Did anyone see Bone Tomohawk ?? It's an Indie movie ( on the back of Quentin Tarentino's movie) with Kurt Russell and several other notables. Good movie, character driven, but quite gruesome !! Cannibals .. this is a really bad one !! Very gruesome but a good movie, I'd never show this to family or friends. Happy Halloween !!:dead: :hat:

Stoo

James-Bean said:
My favorite of those choices you mentioned would probably have to be the Leopard-Men of West Africa. That is such an awesome-idea! Just so original.:)
It's a good idea, for sure, but not "so original". Tarzan has dealt with the cult in print ("Tarzan and the Leopard Men") and on film ("Tarzan and the Leopard Woman").

Do you remember already starting a thread asking the same question on the exact same date? Both on October 30th?but a year apart!:eek:

Trying to think of Temple Of Doom-inspired story!

otto rahn

Malay pirates (or Chinese ones, with "Dragon Lady" of course) if you are setting your adventure in the 30's!