What does any one want to talk about?

What do you guys want to talk about? I have visited every forum and been banned from most due to strong opinions and actual facts for that matter that no one wanted to hear as it was embarrassing to them.

So I ask what would it take to get all you folks involved in a good convo ?

Can we have a thread that is just off any topic? Would everone get involved? There seems to be so many users here but very few that have any thing to say.

What do you guys do ?

Please forgive my post as I cannot type and am not familiar with forums but from the past several months where I learned they can be a terrible or wonderful thing. As Ren pointed out I have been baned from most for member or vendor bashing. Truth is I honestly to this day do not think I bashed a single vendor as I wish all hatters to do well. I have pointed out many truths and folks hated to heare them and instead of verifing them they would just ban me.

People bashing. I would get attacked and I attacked back and then I get banned. --- Always or th good of the forum--- What good is any forum that does not want to grow or have open discussions or bans people that stimulates more members and colorful convos ? well the anser to that one seems to be all forums . or Most any way. Most just want current membership and want the control they have and do not want to see growth or potential loss of the position they hold .

What do you guys think ?

I am a hatter and I ask how may liked hats and I go 0 replies.
I also spent 8 years developing low level software for computers and yet cannot write single line of code. I recently developed some software to control violence from cheating at the sport of **** fighting, yet I never attended a **** fight in my life except for the one where a local invited me to come see it was not such a terrible thing .

I have traveled far and wide as far as the USA goes and had a very colorful past life . I have built houses and had a construction business, septic cleaning business, plumbing busines and sales business and many other things in past.

The hat business locally would never in past have supported me fully and I even quit it for 8 years and recently returned to apply the trade along with what I learned about the power of the computer, to this business and now I cannot imagine every doing any thing more or different as it is a booming business that is world wide.

This is not me boasting or bragging about me as I am a nothing but a human in after it all and not a very suscessful one at that . but what about you guys what do you do or waht do you want to talk about?

This is the off topic area and surly all you IJ fans have a life out side IJ so lets talk about it.

intergamer

gladhatter said:
This is the off topic area and surly all you IJ fans have a life out side IJ so lets talk about it.

Thing is, Mr March Hare, I have enough of a life outside of IJ that I really don't feel any need to discuss it on an Indiana Jones message board.

I sure can undrstand having a life out side a IJ forum. Some of us only has a life of work and I am one of them . I live on the computer and am happy for those who do not. Maybe oters would like to talk about some Off topic things . I sure hope so. I am sorry that sI do not know what a march hare is. But if any thing I am a sterling beaver as our hats primarily are made of this .

Indyologist

LOL!

Envisioning Toht after the "hahaIfooledyouyouthoughtIhadaweaponoftorturebutitwasreallyacoathangerhaha" scene:

"Now... vhat shall ve talk about?"

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
gladhatter said:
I have visited every forum and been banned from most due to strong opinions and actual facts for that matter that no one wanted to hear as it was embarrassing to them.

gladhatter said:
Can I assume I am despised here as I am else where?

Why do you keep mentioning the fact that you've been disliked on (or banned from) 'so many' other boards?

Starting off by claiming to be kicked out of other places because of things you said or did.. what good does that do?

Why mention your 'bad' reputation all the time when you get the chance to change that reputation, and start off somewhat fresh?

<small>Don't get me wrong? This is not a personal attack, but a simple question.</small>

But to get back on topic;

gladhatter said:
So I ask what would it take to get all you folks involved in a good convo ?

Well, the way I see it; if people want to talk about, or discus, something, they make a thread about it.
If you would like to talk about something in specific, you should make a thread about that yourself. Making a thread is the only way to find out if the topic you chose is a popular one, or not.

I make mention of the fact about being kicked off forums due to fact it is true . No point to be made here just taht I am not on this forum to hide any truth or to be any thing but honest.

Is there some reason I should not have stated I have been banned from forums?

On each case I was banned it was due to people like the one here that decided to attack in an effort to get me banned. I not having understood moderator mentality , assumed they would ban the attacker and not I . Boy was I wrong. Same thing here again . I get attacked and respond and I get a suspension big difference is the attacker here also gets suspended. Conclusion. This is a better run forum.
The oter forums that banned me were more hat specific forums. This forum has indicated I am using it for commercial purposes ie; To sell hats. FAct is I do not sell hats on any forum. but I love to talk about hats.

Ren appearnly pmed some folks that I was on this forum as at least one came found it and joined and pmed me yesterday to indicate he was here as he enjoyes my knowledge and my willing to share it.

This is the reason I join a forum is to share knowledge not to hide any thing. I hope to get this forum increased or a new forum started not this section renamed. I feel as if my suscess in doing this depends on my being honest with all from the beginning.

The reason I get banned is that I choose to speak freely and thus far no forum allows it due to being scared to lose its members, yet I have seen almost all members of every forum I have attended request it.

I have ask publicly andprivatly for any one that wishes such a forum to please start it as I will donate the server space. I do not want to steal any ones members and simply want an alternative place to post adult content and adultdiscussions with self moderation. A place any thing cn be said and a place that a specific hat company is not got all the mods bought off as in the other 3 forums that were set up for or migrated to being bought off by a specific hat company . The forum I propose would allow all hat companies and all forums to be honored equally .

I see anoter posted the very similar idea I had of a new forum but instead ask that the off topic be renamed . I do not see renaming the off toopic but instead sewtting up a any topic section for adults only.

Rick5150

Gladhatter said:
"Can I assume I am despised here as I am else where?"

Charlie, one thing I have learned about you is that you are not shy about your opinion:). There seem to be three camps concerning you:

1. People like what you have to say and learn from it.
2. People hate what you have to say and argue about it.
3. People do not care either way but are entertained to read the heated posts.

You have exposed some interesting facets of the hat-making industry and have offered a great deal of help in sourcing out materials and answering general questions. People may have problems with your posts, but it has always been my opinion that they have the right not to read them if they do not like them. Again, my opinion. I do not get mad at the television if something offensinve comes on, I change the channel. Granted, it takes a lot to offend me nowadays.

There is nothing wrong with conflict either as nobody feels exactly the same way as anybody else. It is a great way to show the strong points and weak points of any product. It just gets out of hand. When it becomes personal, then the problems start. The other forums that threw you off have lost a source of knowledge that will be missed by those who were learning from them.

It is my opinion that we should be free to point out the negative aspects of a particular vendor as well as the positive aspects so customers can make an informed and intelligent choice. Some vendors actually read the negative comments and improve their products because of these comments (Wested and I believe all the whip makers).

I guess there is no problem if you can back up your claims with experience, photos or othere references and it is not a direct jab at a vendor for no reason. I am not saying you are doing this, just making a point. The moderators are always the ones who will be the judges in the end. I hope you are allowed to post for a long time. I never gets boring, that's for sure.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
gladhatter said:
Is there some reason I should not have stated I have been banned from forums?

Hey, I'm all for being honest and stuff... but you mention it rather often. That's all.

Ayrun, if you knew as does Rick , what I have went through on forums and not tuting nay horns how I have done nothing but try to help folks out to learn about hats and hat companies and how I have poured out my heart and put my business at a loss and done all aI can to support the indy movement to only be banned and shunned and then lied about after they lock me out so I cnanot resond you may understand the heart ache it has been. I guess to say it more may make me feel better. Sorry for boring you with it.

I guess what really bothers me more thatn that is here is a frum with seemingly very fair mods and a perfect place to discuss hats and Ij hats and yet they have no dedicated people that are even interested in such a discussion.

In fairness my trying to bring up a hat discussion here only brought on that I am trying to use this forum to promote my business when nothing can be further from truth.

The only hatter I have supported here at all is Steve Delk and his new hat business in a post on fedoras .

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Thx for the explanation. Like I said before.. I'm just being curious.

As far as the hat thing goes.. I'm not that big on hats, I'm afraid.
I like 'm, but I don't wear them; I'm one of those girls which it just doesn't suit.