General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
Indiana Jones to return to big screen for fifth film - played by a 70-year-old Harrison Ford

INDIANA Jones is set for his fifth adventure ? and Harrison Ford will be 70 when he dons the fedora for filming.

Director Stephen Spielberg has confirmed that George Lucas is writing the story for a new film, due to start shooting in late 2012. He told Showbiz Tonight: ?George is working on Indy V. We haven?t gone to screenplay, he?s working on the story.?

Ford?s age could now make it hard for fans to take him seriously as the daredevil archaeologist. Indy?s last outing was 2008?s Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which had mixed reviews.

Udvarnoky

Looks to me like old quotes with the author's speculation about a start date thrown in. If this project hasn't gone to screenplay, it hasn't progressed. Calling this non-news until somebody can attribute "late 2012" to Spielberg's mouth.

AndyLGR

Just heard Indy 5 was a go on local radio this morning and was hoping that an official announcement was the source. Turns outs its the Mirror :( thanks for the link Rocket.

Montana Smith

AndyLGR said:
Just heard Indy 5 was a go on local radio this morning and was hoping that an official announcement was the source. Turns outs its the Mirror :( thanks for the link Rocket.

Yeah, the 'red tops' are little more than comics. I'll confess to buying multiple copies of The Sun recently, but only for the Lego sets. Aside from a quick glance at page 3, I didn't bother reading any of their 'news'. ;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Maybe the 2012 date could have been from when IMDB had on the Indy 5 page, a release date for 2012 (which at the time could only be seen with IMDB pro). Anyone got the pro version that could validate what the page says now? I'm guessing the journo may have gotten the speculative shooting date from there.

Hanselation

Montana Smith said:
The same report is going round the world. Realbollywood quotes it word for word, so it must be true. :p

Yes indeed, thats just a dreamers compilation of old informations adding the 2012 date and telling it as news.

But Indy is still alive:

Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones Ventures Into Social Gaming With Zynga's Adventure World

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lucasfilms-indiana-jones-ventures-social-266607

edit: Sorry - this was also old news, here it's already mentioned on this board:
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=518762#post518762

Udvarnoky said:
Looks to me like old quotes with the author's speculation about a start date thrown in. If this project hasn't gone to screenplay, it hasn't progressed. Calling this non-news until somebody can attribute "late 2012" to Spielberg's mouth.
But why would a news source LIE? Surely that would negatively impact their sales!
Montana Smith said:
I'll confess to...a quick glance at page 3...
AHhhhh!
Montana Smith said:
The Mirror might well have hacked Lucas and Spielberg's 'phones, as they allegedly hacked everybody else's!
But, but, that was that Aussie's News of the World! Talk about:
Indy's brother said:
...yellow journalism

Come on brobro have a little faith!:D

“You must believe, boy. You must believe!"

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
But why would a news source LIE? Surely that would negatively impact their sales!

The bigger the LIE the more papers sold. The people that read them aren't interested in the truth - the red tops are just another form of soap opera!

Rocket Surgeon said:
But, but, that was that Aussie's News of the World!

The Daily Mirror was caught with sticky fingers after poking the same pie.

Montana Smith said:
The bigger the LIE the more papers sold. The people that read them aren't interested in the truth - the red tops are just another form of soap opera!

So media outlets aren't bound by the truth?! Hmmm...makes you think about what they write regarding things we don't know as well.
Montana Smith said:
The Daily Mirror was caught with sticky fingers after poking the same pie.
Dirty pie pokers!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
They were reporting it as news this morning on "The Morning Show" down here.

Hilarious considering how years ago, they insisted there would be a Star Wars 7,8 and 9 as well as the death of Jeff Goldblum.....:rolleyes:

Montana Smith

The most likely possibility:

News-in-Pictures-May-19-25.jpg

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
That's CREEPY!

I don't even want to know why Indy would be sitting in a chair naked except for his hat and boots...:sick:

That's care in the community for you. They stripped him of his dignity, left him in his wheelchair, and went off to write Indy 5. Then just plain forgot about him. :dead:

moon_tan

I would like to think that Steven Spielberg would be ready to do Indiana Jones 5 after the premiere of "Lincoln" starring Sally Field and Daniel Day Lewis, but you might be right. I guess the only way we are going to see Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones 5" is as a skeleton.

Indy's brother

Udvarnoky said:
Indy stumbling upon that skeleton of himself in the movie's prologue is a terrific hook for a time travel story!

That's what I'm talking about! I think it would be best in the beginning of the 3rd act of Indy 5, though. Not the opening third act.

Then once he comes across his dead self, he has just a moment or two to figure out a clue to his demise, travel back in time, avoid his death (which is a direct result of something that happens because of his time-travel) and save the day. ;)