General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

moon_tan

I'm slow today. Does this mean he is leaving the option open for an Indiana Jones 5, but in the meantime, he will be retired after Red Tails is released?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
moon_tan said:
I'm slow today. Does this mean he is leaving the option open for an Indiana Jones 5, but in the meantime, he will be retired after Red Tails is released?

More or less, yes, although he may make smaller films.

moon_tan

Somebody give George Lucas a "youth" pill. Give him the energy, excitement and the vigor he use to have when developing an "Indiana Jones" movie.

Dr. Gonzo

moon_tan said:
Somebody give George Lucas a "youth" pill. Give him the energy, excitement and the vigor he use to have when developing an "Indiana Jones" movie.
He's pushing 70. I think he's earned a break. Let him make his little personal films, could be interesting.

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
He's pushing 70. I think he's earned a break. Let him make his little personal films, could be interesting.

Let him make his home-movies-for-public-distribution, as long as they don't involve characters that have entered popular culture. A writer owes something to their loyal followers.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Let him make his home-movies-for-public-distribution, as long as they don't involve characters that have entered popular culture. A writer owes something to their loyal followers.

A little personal film featuring Indiana Jones? I'd watch.

Indy's brother said:
One of the lamer KOTCS digs I've read in awhile.
Eh, more or less.

Look at it as an appeal to create a product that doesn't require elaborate spectacle.

Attila the Professor said:
Me too...

My Dinner with Indy.

Got to sit Wallace Shawn at the table!

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:

KOTCS was an experiment that almost blew up the lab. Don't think I could bear watching any new Indy that had Lucas' fingerprints on it. (Or Spielberg's for that matter, if he was telling the truth about taking the blame to cover his friend's embarrassment).

Dr. Gonzo

Rocket Surgeon said:

I'm gonna have to explain myself here, and I'll do that right after lunch...
(I'm starving)
I suggest you all pull out your salt shakers because what I'll be saying may require a few grains.

Dr. Gonzo

All right, you guys here at The Raven have known me for a little while now?
I'm not really one to yank people around. I have no hard evidence of anything I'm about to say, just word of mouth from friends.
I'm still on the outskirts of hollywood, but like many others trying to make it I have a few friends that work in different places? now with that in mind I don't want to say anymore than that on the off chance this is true.
I know this is gonna sound like one of those stupid cliche "hey man I know people, who know people" stories, so please excuse this presentation but, really I was talking with a certain friend of mine yesterday who has this other friend that works with one of-- well lets just say within one of the Lucas circles, (I don't know anymore than that).

He told me that he was told while there is no script for Indiana Jones 5, no outline or anything, George has been kicking around a concept? and that concept is indeed zombies.

Once again this is word of mouth and I don't know the supposed guy so? take that for what it is? questionable? with a spoonful of salt. Just thought I'd contribute that little bit.

Indy's brother

Coolest unsubstantiated rumor in awhile, so I'll forgo the usual salt, as traditional zombies are quite averse to it. And I welcome the undead to Indy 5 with open arms. This "news" after all goes hand-in-hand with my other favorite unsubstantiated rumor: bermuda triangle. I could totally see it, and it still could tie in with a fountain of youth thing, which has plenty of myth in that area of the world, along with the zombies.

This actually isn't a flame, I love it.