Sankara as Indiana Jones

deckard24

Major West said:
Have you bought Sankara an engagement ring yet?
Not yet, but you'll be invited to the ceremony!;)

In all seriousness though, I was just thowing in my two cents, since everyone keeps referring to him as a dead ringer for Ford which he's not!

As for whether or not it's abnormal behavior to play dress up as an adult(whether as Indiana Jones or John Mclain), I think it's safe to assume most people in the world who don't frequent forums such as this one, would looked at it as very strange behavior! And like I said before, the same could be said for collecting toys, and chatting away for hours on an internet forum about a fictional movie character! It's not hurting anybody, so to each his own right?

eazybox

As long as people have fun with costuming and don't take it (or themselves) off the deep end, I say more power to them; there is not enough fun in today's world. My costuming days are far behind me, but I love the jacket and I have always collected hats of all types, not just Indy-style.

I admit that some of the more extreme screen accuracy obsessions puzzle me. Personally, I draw the line at insisting that every little bulge, wrinkle, crease and curve of my hat has to match precisely what I see on Ford's head in a specific scene. It's enough for me that my hat is made to the original specs, and that it fits me-- and some may even consider THAT too extreme. Live and let live.

My 2 cents (now worth about 1.47 cents as the market continues its decline.)

Jack

The_Raiders

I love costuming. I have gone out in full gear serval times and I have gone to school in full gear, and not one time has anyone ever picked on me or anything. Like easy_box said some peoplr in the world are to scared ofwhat people think to really be who they are, I even used to be like that, until I decided "Hey, lifest oo short, I'm going to be who I am, if people don't like ti or tihnk its lame, too bad, don't hang out with me or talk to me if you don't like it, other who do like it and talk to me, great, but its for my enjoyment and no one else, I don't care if they don't like it and I don't even care if they do like it" It's what I like. Thats my $1.47 worth :rolleyes:

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
I love costuming. I have gone out in full gear serval times and I have gone to school in full gear, and not one time has anyone ever picked on me or anything. Like easy_box said some peoplr in the world are to scared ofwhat people think to really be who they are, I even used to be like that, until I decided "Hey, lifest oo short, I'm going to be who I am, if people don't like ti or tihnk its lame, too bad, don't hang out with me or talk to me if you don't like it, other who do like it and talk to me, great, but its for my enjoyment and no one else, I don't care if they don't like it and I don't even care if they do like it" It's what I like. Thats my $1.47 worth :rolleyes:

Ahahahahah if I went to my school in full costume I would be reinacting the German Mechanic fight every single day lol

The_Raiders

Lol, nope, not one person has even slightly made fun of me. I was walking across the parking lot of te school and some girl WAAAYYY on the other side just yells at me, "Hey!! You suposed to be an Indiana Jones look alike?!?!" and I just yelled back "Yeah!!" so she was like "Awesome!!! It looks awesome!" Than, lets see oh my sister toldme she'll be talking to her friends and they will be like "Hey your brother is over on the freshman campus right?" (the freshman campus is very close to the other high school campus) and my sister told me she said "Yeah he is." and they asked her which kid was her brother and she was like "He's the kid that dresses like Indiana Jones." and she told me they were all like "Wow, no way!! Thats your brother?!?!/ Thats awesome!" So it doesn't bother me what people tihnk, I even went to an open house event at my school dressed as LC Indy, no one said a word about it, excetp a teacher kept whistling the raiders march behind me. :p

Indy's brother

Nurhachi1991 said:
Come on guys were all nerds here.

No, no we're not. We are cool people with nerd tendencies.

*That's how I sleep at night.

indiana_jones_indy_duvet.jpg

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Lol, nope, not one person has even slightly made fun of me. I was walking across the parking lot of te school and some girl WAAAYYY on the other side just yells at me, "Hey!! You suposed to be an Indiana Jones look alike?!?!" and I just yelled back "Yeah!!" so she was like "Awesome!!! It looks awesome!" Than, lets see oh my sister toldme she'll be talking to her friends and they will be like "Hey your brother is over on the freshman campus right?" (the freshman campus is very close to the other high school campus) and my sister told me she said "Yeah he is." and they asked her which kid was her brother and she was like "He's the kid that dresses like Indiana Jones." and she told me they were all like "Wow, no way!! Thats your brother?!?!/ Thats awesome!" So it doesn't bother me what people tihnk, I even went to an open house event at my school dressed as LC Indy, no one said a word about it, excetp a teacher kept whistling the raiders march behind me. :p

Last time I wore Indy gear to school I was in 3rd grade and it ended with me in the disipline office and I was suspended for 3 days...........

No one calls Indy a poo poo head (y)

Nurhachi1991

Indy's brother said:
No, no we're not. We are cool people with nerd tendencies.

*That's how I sleep at night.

indiana_jones_indy_duvet.jpg

Thats tight bro!!!!! Where did you get those I would buy those in a flash! DO they make them for a full size mattress????

Nurhachi1991

Sweet I will order one soon it is a little small but its Indy!!! Now I will have an Indy bed to go with my Crystal Skull Nite light and my Friday the 13th part 2 Jason doll!!!

I don't have a problem...........:p

Indy's brother

Nurhachi1991 said:
...to go with my Crystal Skull Nite light

This one?
skull1ax6.jpg

If you're serious, I'd like to know if you have one that's any better than this. *ahem* for my 2 year old son, of course! pm me, as this is waaay off topic.

Nurhachi1991

Indy's brother said:
This one?
skull1ax6.jpg

If you're serious, I'd like to know if you have one that's any better than this. *ahem* for my 2 year old son, of course! pm me, as this is waaay off topic.

Thats the one! it runs on 2 AA's it's a good reading light.