Back on the Big Screen - Would You?

The Drifter

AlivePoet said:
You know, if you two never talked about this film your relationship would probably be less about conflict and more about non-existence.

But, the beauty is that I can sit back and read the lovely conflict and all the flames that ensue.

Dr.Jonesy

ResidentAlien said:
Don't be butt-hurt. Your precious Old Geezer Jones will still be there for you to frotter even after I express my disdain.

Maybe you shouldn't be butt-hurt about the film?

Dr.Jonesy

Lance Quazar said:
You know, you're right! Man, I threw the DVD in again and I was just RIVTED by that awesome classroom scene. I watched it over and over. Easily the best classroom scene in the franchise. One of the best classroom scenes in movie history! Pure cinematic gold.

The rest of the film still blows.

Feel free to critique the film, but don't be an ass.

Drop the sarcasm. I had to deal with you enough at IMDB. I and nobody else wants your attitude.

Critique all you want, but don't be an ass to the other posters.

Forbidden Eye

AlivePoet said:
You know, if you two never talked about this film your relationship would probably be less about conflict and more about non-existence.

Well its a stretch to call what RA's doing is talking. More like verbal diarrhea. ;) *

Not trying to change anyone's opinion, but baffled how anyone can keep posting hate for a film over an entire year. There are many films I have despised in the past, but I eventually just forget them and pay attention to the ones I love. Life is too short to just spend your life hating something like a film.

*J/K of course Residentalien. Hopefully you can take a joke.

Forbidden Eye said:
Well its a stretch to call what RA's doing is talking. More like verbal diarrhea. ;) *

Not trying to change anyone's opinion, but baffled how anyone can keep posting hate for a film over an entire year. There are many films I have despised in the past, but I eventually just forget them and pay attention to the ones I love. Life is too short to just spend your life hating something like a film.

*J/K of course Residentalien. Hopefully you can take a joke.

Joke or not, I would like to remind you that I spent a good 9 months of the last year away from this board... so...

Come on you guys are baiting him. All he said was:

ResidentAlien said:
But only when viewed through beer goggles.

Surely your not ruffled by THAT! Keep fueling the fire and he'll keep pissing on it!

But I have to say for someone who loves Raiders, (I'm talking me now) and wouldn't mind if the other films were lost forever, (I still enjoy them though) I can see how someone could feel this way about Skull. Especially someone with as strong and absolute opinions as RA.

Now I'm done being a diplomat...

RA go back to your space between spaces!;)

Lance Quazar

Dr.Jonesy said:
Critique all you want, but don't be an ass to the other posters.

I did critique the film. And then a poster named Dr Sartorius was an ass to me, in an obnoxious, unprovoked way. So I was responding to his bad attitude.

Drop the sarcasm. I had to deal with you enough at IMDB.

Um, nice try. I don't post at imdb. I never have and I never will.

...nobody else wants your attitude.

But they do want my body.

Niteshade007

To answer the original question, I probably wouldn't see it again. I still don't have the DVD, and I don't have any plans on getting it.

And to respond to this statement, even though it's a bit old...

Dr.Sartorius said:
Hmmmm...more people say are saying they would see it again rather than not. Interesting...

If I had to guess as to why that was, I would say that, like me, people who were disenchanted with the film probably stopped coming here. I know that I stopped reading and posting on this site significantly afterwards. When I did come back from time to time, I'd really only read the open discussion and film sections. It wasn't until recently that I've gone back to the original trilogy and the dreaded KotCS section, which I avoided because every thread was basically the same thing:

It sucks.
No it doesn't. You suck.
No, you suck.

Perhaps more eloquent at times, but I'm paraphrasing.

But, no, I wouldn't see the movie again in theaters. While the build up was exciting, the film wasn't, and after having seen it already, I don't have to see it again.

Darth Vile

Rocket Surgeon said:
But I have to say for someone who loves Raiders, (I'm talking me now) and wouldn't mind if the other films were lost forever, (I still enjoy them though) I can see how someone could feel this way about Skull. Especially someone with as strong and absolute opinions as RA.

Well put... and I'd basically agree with your underlying sentiment. Raiders is the movie that's closest to a bonafide "classic" of it's genre (helped in a large way by being the first)... And whilst there is a hell of a lot to enjoy in the other 3 (I sure do - to varying degrees), they are relatively well made reproductions of the original. Still, I'd rather have 3 relatively inferior sequels to enjoy/discuss, rather than one 30 year old movie.

Agent Z

Not only would I go to see Kingdom on the big screen again, I want to and am looking forward to catching it again, somewhere, somehow.

With digital theaters becoming the next wave, the opportunity for revival showings will definitely pick up, and I can't wait to be in on that landslide of goodness! :whip:

Agent Z said:
Not only would I go to see Kingdom on the big screen again, I want to and am looking forward to catching it again, somewhere, somehow.

With digital theaters becoming the next wave, the opportunity for revival showings will definitely pick up, and I can't wait to be in on that landslide of goodness! :whip:

Digital theaters are a travesty. I do everything I can to avoid digital screenings.

Long live celluloid.

Lance Quazar said:
Dr.Sartorius said:
Give me a break. There's plenty for even the haters to enjoy.

What's wrong with the classroom scene?

You know, you're right! Man, I threw the DVD in again and I was just RIVTED by that awesome classroom scene. I watched it over and over. Easily the best classroom scene in the franchise. One of the best classroom scenes in movie history! Pure cinematic gold.

The rest of the film still blows.

This is by far the best post I've read here in a long time. Just too funny. :D (y)

Dr. Gonzo

ResidentAlien said:
Digital theaters are a travesty. I do everything I can to avoid digital screenings.

Long live celluloid.

I recently was at a digital screening of John Carpenter's Halloween and I must say it was just garbage (the digital aspect is what I am talking about of course, not the film itself). I have seen an old semi beat up print of Halloween at one of the cinemas at a local beach theater and hands down I prefer that to digital. Digital just does not hold up against actual motion picture film prints.

On a side note I'm waiting for that theater to show Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain. Some time soon I think.

Col. Detritch

Yah I would watch it again!

On a side note, I knew coming into this thread would provide conflict, and thats why I did it, I like a bit of disagreement its what gets people interested in such things like Message Boards (plus we all must like Indy one hell of a lot). I really don't care if others opinions of this movie are positive or negative, its just fun to read and disguss!:hat:

Darth Vile

Col. Detritch said:
Yah I would watch it again!

On a side note, I knew coming into this thread would provide conflict, and thats why I did it, I like a bit of disagreement its what gets people interested in such things like Message Boards (plus we all must like Indy one hell of a lot). I really don't care if others opinions of this movie are positive or negative, its just fun to read and disguss!:hat:

Well said... ;)