The Crystal Skull of... Witch Mountain?

Goonie

Just watching Race to Witch Mountain on DVD. At the 2:02 mark in the beginning credits they flash an alien skull, resembling the same shape as the skull from Indy IV. It's a side shot. The way that the shot is setup I can't take a screen shot. The Cranium has the same shape however the face looks different (it has a nose). Just a small observation, but an intersting one nonetheless.:hat:

Team Indy

Just for the record, Race to Watch Mountain was released in theaters a year after KotCS. I don't think Race to Witch Mountain is ripping off KotCS. Although both movies deal with UFOs and crystal skulls, they sound like completely different movies from one another. They may have taken the crystal skull concept from Lucasfilm. Artists rip off each other's stuff all the time.

Of course, a favorite technique by Hollywood is "If an idea's successful, beat it to death!", so I'm sure there's a lot of cheap knock-offs of KotCS.

The Drifter

Team Indy said:
Of course, a favorite technique by Hollywood is "If an idea's successful, beat it to death!", so I'm sure there's a lot of cheap knock-offs of KotCS.

But, who said the idea was successful?

Goonie

Team Indy said:
Just for the record, Race to Watch Mountain was released in theaters a year after KotCS. I don't think Race to Witch Mountain is ripping off KotCS. Although both movies deal with UFOs and crystal skulls, they sound like completely different movies from one another. They may have taken the crystal skull concept from Lucasfilm. Artists rip off each other's stuff all the time.

Um, no. Witch Mountain has nothing to do with crystal skulls. There are no crystal skulls in it. Aliens yes, but no crystal skulls. I was just pointing out that there is a skull in the opening montage that has the same shape of Indy's crystal skull.

Team Indy

But, who said the idea was successful?

No one did. I was referring to the original movie being successful, which would inspire people to create cheap knock-offs in hope of being successful... which they likely wouldn't be. If the original movie wasn't successful, then it'd be likely that no one would create any knock-offs.

Um, no. Witch Mountain has nothing to do with crystal skulls. There are no crystal skulls in it. Aliens yes, but no crystal skulls. I was just pointing out that there is a skull in the opening montage that has the same shape of Indy's crystal skull.

Thank you for the correction.