New guy from CA - Finally got the hat!

AdoreAFedora

Hi all,

I'm from So Cal and new to the forums. I might be an old codger here as I was already 16 when Raiders came out. So yup I'm pushing 47 now. I found the reads here interesting and informative but sometimes disturbing with regard to the obssession with movie lore and the purist approach to collecting and dressing up. Although I guess can understand it as I used to do military living history in my teens and 20s. I was always dressing up as a Tech Seargent, 1st ID, D-Day landing and was keen on accuracy. It's just I see some bashing and insults being thrown around over a character that doesn't exist in real life. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I've always been a fan but never got into collecting stuff from Indiana Jones.
(Star Wars is another story as I still have all my vintage toys from when I was a kid.) After all these years of wanting a good Indiana Jones type fedora I finally got one.

I scoured the internet looking at all the options. I was considering the Akubra Federation IV due to it's price and being able to shape it as close to SA as possible. I was preparing to order one when lo and behold a brown Fed Deluxe showed up on Ebay in my size. I managed to win the auction. It's brand new as it was too large for the previous owner. I was able to get it for $115 shipped so I'm pretty stoked about that. I wish it could be in the proper sable color as apart from IJ it's my favorite shade of brown but for the money what I got can't be beat. I know I will get some good use out of the hat. I'm a hat wearer and I do own another fedora, a good hat but a differnt style than the movie hat.

I don't plan on ever dressing up as Indiana Jones because I'm a big Scandinavian with Blonde hair turning grey and a goatee that's almost white... but I will love wearing the hat.

Mickiana

Indy's getting old, his creators are getting old, the rest of us are getting old. My advice is get at least a jacket to go with your hat - you'll use it up there in Scandinavia quite easily I imagine. Let the jacket and hat get old and everything will be fine. The adventurer in us will always stay young.

ps just reread your post. You're from So Cal. Get the jacket anyway!