Trailer Speculation

northernsoul

The official date for the trailer premiere... ...is as expected - November 16th with Beowulf, according to aintitcool.com.

That certainly makes Beowulf a more appealing film for me. I hope they do a good job and it's more than just a teaser though, to get people talking about it. :whip:

Last edited by a moderator:

Katarn07

Pff, the Dark Knight teaser was a total letdown. It was appealing if you didn't know they were making another Batman and you're surprised to see the logo and the Joker card, but other than that, pretty lame.

A LOT of people don't know they're making another Indy movie so I hope they don't have the same kind of boring teaser. The Spidey 3 teaser teased but had actual movie footage to go with it. I'd like something like that to get us REALLY pumped.

kongisking

My best bet would be an nostalgia-themed teaser. Or at least a big, fancy, overdressed collection of behind-the-scenes clips similar to the Last Crusade teaser. I would laugh my skull off (no pun intended) if Harisson stapled his hat to his head again! :D

Then again, perhaps a trailer revolving around the MacGuffin, to give us fans a teeny bit more info? (y)

eazybox

Here's a humorous idea I saw on another site, slightly altered: They could begin with a few furious action scenes that show Indy clobbering bad guys left and right, and then have Harrison look defiantly into the camera and say, "That was for everyone who thinks I'm too old!"

Jack

No Ticket

I think...

(black screen)

(all kinds of dialogue from previous Indy movies play one right after the other almost simultaneously building up each other and getting louder... this is just audio, no pictures)

"Let them go Dr. Jones!! They will be found!! YOU WON'T!!!"
"Nice try Lao Che!!"
"You have chosen... Wisely."
"Hold on lady we going for a ride..."
"OH MY GOD IS HE NUTS!?!"
"He no nuts he crazy!!"
"Blow it back to God!"
"I'm your god dammned partner!"
"The penintant man will pass..."
"It's time to ask yourself what YOU believe."
"It is you JUNIOR!!"
"Hahaha.. you are named after the dog!!"
"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up!"
(dialogue suddenly stops and everything gets quiet for the next line)

"Indiana Jones. I always knew some day you'd come walking back through my door."

*cue the music please :) *

Then the first shot appears and it's Indy as he appears in the new movie turning around to face the camera. A series of very short shots and cool stuff are shown.

Announcer: "Next summer... Adventure returns."
(some more cool shots are shown)
Announcer: "And if adventure has a name... it must be."
(show shots of multiple people in the movie saying the name "Indiana")
Person 1: "Indiana"
Person 2: "Indiana"
Person 3: "Indiana"
Person 4: "Jooones!"
Announcer: "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

(end with some funny dialogue or scene with Indy in it)

Swing back into action...
May 22, 2008

Zorg

I like No Ticket's ideas a lot. Use of some dialogue from the previous films is a brilliant idea. It worked nicely for the first Episode III teaser a little while back. Remember that one?

November 16. Two months to go. I bet they know how much the fans are expecting this, so I'm sure they'll give us new footage.

No Ticket

Wow... only two months... I'm like, wow... in two months we see new footage of a brand new Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford. I just don't know what to say. Has it really sunk in!? Oh gosh... wow.

lol.

No Ticket said:
I think...

(black screen)

(all kinds of dialogue from previous Indy movies play one right after the other almost simultaneously building up each other and getting louder... this is just audio, no pictures)

"Nice try Lao Che!!"
"He no nuts he crazy!!"
"Blow it back to God!"
"It is you JUNIOR!!"

"Indiana Jones. I always knew some day you'd come walking back through my door."

Then the first shot appears and it's Indy as he appears in the new movie turning around to face the camera. A series of very short shots and cool stuff are shown.

May 22, 2008

I dig those ideas a lot... Well developed, No Ticket. :)

I'm just getting insanely giddy for the trailer. My childhood fantasy was always to have a fourth Jones film--to see one in theaters.... and at long last. :D

Dr. Indy Jones

No Ticket said:
I think...

(black screen)

"Nice try Lao Che!!"
"He no nuts he crazy!!"
"Blow it back to God!"
"It is you JUNIOR!!"

May 22, 2008

Thats awesome!!! :whip: :whip:

If its alright with you, do you mind if I could try to make a fan trailer with that? :gun: (y)

Professor Jones

Yeah, it would be nice to have a "Raven" (un)official trailer, written and ideated by No Ticket and directed and edited by Dr. IndyJones. Would be our official teaser!

Anyway, I expect that the official Lucasarts trailer will contain some references to old movies (maybe quotes or just some scenes). Besides it's quite usual in a saga (see the Harry Potter movies trailers, they often starts with some footage from previous episodes).

Dr. Indy Jones

Well considering that I don't smoke I'll have to pass on that, lol. I know you were only kidding, but yeah I will try to do the trailer voice. BTW anyone know where I can get some sound clips from the Indy movies? I need more then just the ones that are on here at theraider.net

I will try to have the trailer done this week, if not sooner!

Edit: Actually, anyone also know besides the soundclips, where I could find a high def. Indy dvd trailer, and all the other trailers as well? I'm just trying to make this fan trailer look great!!

Last edited: