Can't get on the official site.

Ska

Yes, me too. Maybe we'll get another Flash update!

How cool would that be?

Let's keep our fingers crossed...

:D

Sharlow

What's wrong with the official Indiana site (Tech Issues, not criticism)

Hoping someone here can help me with this as it's annoying the heck out of me.

I can't access the Official Indiana Jones website. I get an error message about some script causing flash player to run slowly which will cause my computer to freeze, and if I stop the script the page just goes haywire.

It won't load and just keeps flickering on and off. I can see the boxes etc onthe page but I can't click on anything.

Is this just me or is there a problem with the site? And if it's a problem with the site, how do I contact someone to get it fixed.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It's the site. It sometimes does that flash player error thing when the site itself is getting updated. It does happen pretty often. It was worst last year. We couldn't access the site half the time.

I suggest wait 15 minutes and give it another try. It will eventually right itself.

Sharlow

Violet Indy said:
It's the site. It sometimes does that flash player error thing when the site itself is getting updated. It does happen pretty often. It was worst last year. We couldn't access the site half the time.

I suggest wait 15 minutes and give it another try. It will eventually right itself.

ARGH, I've been trying for over a week now to get it to work. doesn't seem to matter which browser I use, or how many times I say no to stopping the script, or how long I leave it flashing away for, it just never seems to get it's act together.

Oh well. guess I'll just have to miss all the goodies on there (n)

Mutt-Jones III

Explain.

Sharlow said:
ARGH, I've been trying for over a week now to get it to work. doesn't seem to matter which browser I use, or how many times I say no to stopping the script, or how long I leave it flashing away for, it just never seems to get it's act together.

Oh well. guess I'll just have to miss all the goodies on there (n)

What does it say? It works for me. :whip:

Sharlow

Mutt-Jones III said:
What does it say? It works for me. :whip:

What browser are you using? I've tried it in both Mozilla Firefox and IE 7 and both time's I get the same error message.

say that a script in the movie is making flashplayer run slowly and continuing to install the scrip will cause my computer to freeze up. select yes or no. If I say yes stop the script, the site loads all weird and flashes and I cant' access any of the links in it. If i say no I just keep getting the same error message. Sat here for 15 minutes the other day saying No No No, hoping it might get over it.

Wondering if it's a setting on my PC that I can change.

Mutt-Jones III

Hmm.

Sharlow said:
What browser are you using? I've tried it in both Mozilla Firefox and IE 7 and both time's I get the same error message.

say that a script in the movie is making flashplayer run slowly and continuing to install the scrip will cause my computer to freeze up. select yes or no. If I say yes stop the script, the site loads all weird and flashes and I cant' access any of the links in it. If i say no I just keep getting the same error message. Sat here for 15 minutes the other day saying No No No, hoping it might get over it.

Wondering if it's a setting on my PC that I can change.

Try downloading a Flash Player. :whip:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
tumblr_l3col3YvHP1qzwtdlo1_400.png

Adobe ceased designing Flash for mobile devices in November. It's desktop future is doomed. Why does Lucasfilm keep using it?

indyclone25

probably cause they figure if people want to see their stuff they will eventually have to pay somewhere down the line to download a patch or new viewer , to make a profit on the webite ? could i be wrong?

Finn

Staff member
Moedred said:
Adobe ceased designing Flash for mobile devices in November. It's desktop future is doomed. Why does Lucasfilm keep using it?
Because the obvious replacement is still in development and browser support for it a rather fickle thing.

I consider the whole flash craze (especially when it comes to complete websites) an abysmal misstep in the history of web development, but the support ending doesn't mean it becomes obsolete right there, simply that they won't keep making it any better.