Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

monkey

Finn said:
If only. The guy was drunk and accused the one who had a post BELOW the guy who insulted him.

Thank you Finn,

Yes, I remember that I was quite "Off" the night that I made that post.

I apologize to you again here for it.

You are a good man, this is a good forum.

So I will take a break from it.

I don't want to cause any more trouble.

monkey

Stoo said:
Someone once posted a joke about the navy/dropping bars of soap.
You were insulted by this.
You started an thread to tell everyone this was an insult to YOU and the ENTIRE US NAVY. http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10454
The FUNNIEST thing is that you were mad at the WRONG PERSON!:

That's right Stoo. I'm glad it was funny for you. Maybe you don't have enough things to entertain you in your life.

It was an insult to the US Navy, and YES I did get mad at the WRONG PERSON. Because I was very drunk and could barely focus on my keyboard.

I've since apologized to that wrong person.

So you are a BETTER PERSON than me?

OK, yes you are.

There. Feel better?

You're Awesome!! Far more intelligent than me! Could probably kick my ass in a bar fight!

Feel better?

Good.

At least I have something in my life that I am passionate about.

You will of course take this the wrong way.

Go ahead, I expect it anyway.

Good night.

Last edited:

monkey

Gear said:
You do know that in online discussion, it's considered a law of conduct that the first person to use Hitler or Nazism in this kind of context as an analogy automatically looses the debate?

Thanks Gear.

You say it all here!

-Mod snip-, learn to spell! It is:"loses the debate" Not "looses the debate" -snip-

If people here are going to criticize, marginalize, and ostracize me here, at least let it be intellectual people who have half a brain!

I'm tired of reading posts that deride and ridicule me that are written by -snip snip snip- who can't use the English language!

Don't you have spell check????? -snip snip snip snip snip snip snip-

-snip- Gear Guardian, what you are talking about here is the "NON freedom of speech" that people like you, and most of the people of this forum adhere to.

-snip-

PS sorry for the triple posts, but when SO MANY are against you, it sometimes takes time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gear

...??

I'm not sure who you're referring to, monkey.

And this,

You do know that in online discussion, it's considered a law of conduct that the first person to use Hitler or Nazism in this kind of context as an analogy automatically looses the debate?

... is more satire than the suppression of freedom of speech. I thought that was kind of clear with the elements 'online discussion' and 'automatically loses the debate'.

Stoo

monkey said:
It was an insult to the US Navy, and YES I did get mad at the WRONG PERSON. Because I was very drunk and could barely focus on my keyboard.

You're Awesome!! Far more intelligent than me! Could probably kick my ass in a bar fight!
Since you have a recurring tendency to be so drunk that you fall flat on your face while taking your first swing...yeah, I probably could!:whip:
monkey said:
Good night.
You should get one of these to snuggle up to because it would go well with an Obama Teddy Bear (which actually exists) and an Obama Nite-Lite. They'll help you feel secure while you sleep. Safe from all those American-hatin' Muslims and terrible, conniving, FRIGHTENING Jews who haunt you!:eek:

_AUTOIMAGES_JBOB000lg.jpg

***Here's a post that must have slipped by your RADAR some pages back:
The Islamic World's Reaction to his speech

"Obama's speech is an attempt to mislead people and create more illusions to improve America's aggressive image in the Arab and Islamic world." _ A joint statement by eight Damascus, Syria-based radical Palestinian factions, including Hamas.

"Obama's attempt was positive but not effective. As long as the U.S is supporting Israel there will be no hope for better U.S.-Islamic relations." _ Niloofar Mirmohebi, an Iranian student in Tehran.

"This vision is so out of touch with reality. ... You can have your speechwriters find every good thing a Muslim has ever done. But more modern history is that the Muslim world is at war with the Western world." _ Aliza Herbst, 56, a spokeswoman for Yesha, the West Bank settlers' council.

"The Islamic world does not need moral or political sermons. It needs a fundamental change in American policy beginning from a halt to complete support for Israeli aggression on the region, especially on Lebanese and Palestinians, to an American withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan and a stop to its interference in the affairs of Islamic countries. We have not seen any change in US policy towards the Palestinian cause. -Hassan Fadlallah, speaking for Hezbollah in Lebanon

Jack Nelligan

monkey said:
Thanks Gear.

You say it all here!

-Mod snip-, learn to spell! It is:"loses the debate" Not "looses the debate" -snip-

If people here are going to criticize, marginalize, and ostracize me here, at least let it be intellectual people who have half a brain!

I'm tired of reading posts that deride and ridicule me that are written by -snip snip snip- who can't use the English language!

Don't you have spell check????? -snip snip snip snip snip snip snip-

-snip- Gear Guardian, what you are talking about here is the "NON freedom of speech" that people like you, and most of the people of this forum adhere to.

-snip-

PS sorry for the triple posts, but when SO MANY are against you, it sometimes takes time.

MONKEY:

No one was against you until you started spouting out your baseless drivel that you claimed to be fact. I think your point of view on WWII has been exposed for the nonsense that it is, and your true anti-Semitic feeling have been exposed. It is really sad to see someone who supposedly served this country in the Navy, have such a distain for the ideals that the Navy has fought for and defended over the 200 plus years of our country.

As someone who also served in the U.S. Navy, I find you lack of sense of humor over the ?soap? joke very telling. Why so sensitive??? My father was a Marine and we used to throw insults and jokes back and forth about the others branch of service and we would just laugh it off as just good fun.

?Methinks thou dost protest too much?!!!

Also, let me know if you need another history lesson and I be happy to school you again.

Have a nice day!!!

RedeemedChild

Robyn said:
Yes you're right, sorry about that. I usually do try not to get angry, but this is pretty bad!

Well Gear after that picture you posted in Rocket's thread, I'm not so sure about your attitude either..

Amen. I agree with you. That poster nearly makes me want to duke it out with these haters. I mean, we're living in 2009 people, this is the 21st century knocking on the door of the 22nd century and racism, sexism and biased ideas and pure hatred should have been put behind the human race years ago.

I mean, when I was child and my father introduced me to Star Trek and told me of Gene Roddenberry's beautiful vision for mankind's future I was amazed and believed in it ( and I still do) but I'm very sad at how some people still cling to the dark and foolish hateful doctrines and ideas of the past.

I was pleased with Maria Shriver's interview on Meet The Press as she chronicled how we have made progress in overcoming sexism and how women are gaining a foothold not only here in America but around the world. Her new project A Woman's Nation is quite impressive and yes as David Gregory pointed out we have made a lot of progress with a Hispanic (Sonia Sotomayor) as Supreme Court Justice, an African-American (Barack Obama) as President and Sarah Palin the first woman ( a beautiful one at that IMO) having run for the FIRST time as Vice President. Yet I'd still like to point out that we could have made a lot more progress if we did not have all these prejudice's holding us back from the mighty strides that we could have been making.

BTW I think that monkey is a nice gentlemen, however like Spock in ST TOS he might have a few misunderstandings about some of the peoples of the earth. However anger will not help to promote peace anymore than prejudice will.

Therefore I say to you all and Monkey: Live Long and Prosper.

StarTrekSpaceHippies2.JPG

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maria-shriver/a-womans-nation_b_187244.html

Last edited:

Jack Nelligan

George Santayana wrote:

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it,"

Same goes for those who do not understand history, or misinterpret it!

Well, they gave him the Nobel Peace Prize and he ordered Osama's kill, got Anwar al-Awlaqi, Moammar Qadaffi...

They should give this guy the Nobel in Economics, maybe he'll kill the unemployment rate!