Hemble's Custom Indy Stuff 01/07/09

hemble

Hi All

Stoo wrote
I recognize the gas mask "satchel" from an old Military Miniatures kit by Tamiya. It's either a German or Japanese bag. Can't remember which.

Anyway, yeah...Like others (including myself) have mentioned before, your work is stupendous and downright ASTOUNDING! Have you ever had an exhibit? You are a pro and the "I Hate Snakes" display (with miniature gear on hooks) is a piece of art. Looking forward to seeing Jock's workshop added to your gallery, Hemble. That's one of your best...so far! Some new favourites:

Map Room Descent. The cut-away, the decaying wall w/hierogylphs, the wooden barrier, the entrance detail, etc.

Professor Jones & His Class Room! WOW! Not just for the various artifacts but for the blackboard!

The Map Room and, of course, Young Indy. Nice weathering all around.

P.S. Just saw Indy punching the S.S. guy. Great job on the helmet!

Mate thanks so much for the kind words I really do appreciate them, as for the Jock dio that was done by another great Indy customizer named mfisher over on the sideshow freakshow forums.

The bag is from a Tamiya WW2 German figure great eye for detail mate and no exhibit showing the dios/figures but I would like to get one done.

Ron

deckard24

Hemble,

I'm curious, how many Indy figures do you have? Also, roughly how much does one of your customs run in the way of materials?

Nazis, I Hate These Guys is awesome!! :hat:

hemble

Hi All

deckard24 wrote
Hemble,
I'm curious, how many Indy figures do you have? Also, roughly how much does one of your customs run in the way of materials?

Nazis, I Hate These Guys is awesome!!

Appreciate the feedback buddy thank you.

I have at the moment 6 x 1/6 indy's in my private collection sold 12 x indy's to people either as commissions or for sale items.

As for how much that will always depend on the size of the dio's or figure for example a indy figure repainted and weathered you are looking at roughly $250au and a dio the size of the rope bridge dio you are looking at $400au.

the materials can range from $20au - $60au then you have the hours that goes into aing and painting the items.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

I was watching the making of Indiana Jones the other day and when I say the ghost from the ark I decided to give it a go. I had a lot of fun making this figure and also is a great addition to my growing personal collection.

RECIPE

1: Ghost - the ghost was made from the top half of a cheap glow in the dark skeleton I got of ebay. Modelers putty was used to make the rotten flesh on the hands and face, the eyes are small balls. once the putty dried I painted the flesh with varies flesh, browns and tan colours to get the desired affect,

Putty was used at the back of the ghost for balance and then tissue paper was used as the cloth and thin wire was attached to the skeletons frame so the tissue could be attached and look like it's flowing. The tissue was given a coat of diluted wood glue to make it firm.

2: Base - The base is from a two dollar shop and and the rod is plasti rod with a wooden food sewer inserted thru the middle to give it support, the poster I got of the net and just down sized it.

The Inspiration
sk1.jpg

sk2.jpg

sk3.jpg

sk4.jpg

sk5.jpg

sk8.jpg

Ron

Luke Sprywalker

Ron, as I said in the Art forum all of these are amazing works of art. These things belong in a museum! I lve the early work, many of those I had not seen before. What were you working with back then? All the 12" ones are my favorite. They are mind boggling good, so life like. The new Ark Ghost is also a beautiful. Great execution and I love the small movie poster on the base of these. Keep them coming, I can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing...

Now I would love to see you around this forum more often. Please take a look at my thread and offer any tips or suggestions as I am always eager to learn techniques to improve my work.

hemble

Hi All

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Ron, as I said in the Art forum all of these are amazing works of art. These things belong in a museum! I lve the early work, many of those I had not seen before. What were you working with back then? All the 12" ones are my favorite. They are mind boggling good, so life like. The new Ark Ghost is also a beautiful. Great execution and I love the small movie poster on the base of these. Keep them coming, I can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing...

Now I would love to see you around this forum more often. Please take a look at my thread and offer any tips or suggestions as I am always eager to learn techniques to improve my work.

Spry I really appreciate the feedback and kind words buddy thanks heaps, I saw your work and I was amazed at the detail in your dio's and figures. And mate if you need any help by all means ask away as I will be picking your brain as well.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

I wanted to make something a little different when I decided to make another Indy dio/display so after a little thinking about it I came up with this idea for a display. My 4 yr old daughter gave me help by telling me to add spider webs and grass/vines hanging of the map after she watched Raiders with me.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - is from TLC dio I made back on 30/05/2009 as I'm still waiting for parts to arrive for this display.

2: Base - I've done a tutorial for the display so you can view the recipe here http://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm

go1.jpg

go2.jpg

go3.jpg

go4.jpg

go5.jpg

go6.jpg

Ron

Luke Sprywalker

Ron I love this! One of the best because the scene is so iconic. You have made the sideshow piece everything it should be. The moss, spider webs and paint work are legendary. The background is fabulous and well thought out. I appreciate the time you take making the tutorials and have looked over this one twice. I hope it will illustrate to everyone how simply put together foam core and styrofoam looks amazing after covering with paper mache or plaster and painting. I would love to see more people trying stuff like this. On the other hand I wish I could conform to your style and scale so my room would not fill up so fast. Another masterpiece my friend.

hemble

Hi All

deckard24 wrote
They just keep getting better and better!!

Cheers D appreciate the reply mate.

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Ron I love this! One of the best because the scene is so iconic. You have made the sideshow piece everything it should be. The moss, spider webs and paint work are legendary. The background is fabulous and well thought out. I appreciate the time you take making the tutorials and have looked over this one twice. I hope it will illustrate to everyone how simply put together foam core and styrofoam looks amazing after covering with paper mache or plaster and painting. I would love to see more people trying stuff like this. On the other hand I wish I could conform to your style and scale so my room would not fill up so fast. Another masterpiece my friend.

Thanks heaps Spry always great to hear peoples thoughts, you are so right it is amazing how well foam and foam core look after a little plaster or mache.

The other good thing about it is how strong it becomes so you never have the problem of it breaking.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

This was a real nice easy custom to do and a nice addition to my Indy Collection, I just revamped the Hasbro figure and gave everything a new paint job

RECIPE

1: Cairo Swordsman - Everything is Hasbro except for the body/hands and the wrap , the body and hands are from Dragon. The figure was repainted and weathered using Vallejo paints. The wrap is left over cloth which has been trimmed, folded and glued into place.

2: Base - The base was built the same way as the TOD Indy base, It is two pieces of foam core glued togther and then cardboard attached to give it strength. I used a stand that you get with a lot of the Dragon figures, I glued the stand inplace and then covered the whole base using plaster of paris, woodglue, finesand and small railway gravel. Once dry I painted the base with different shades of browns and sands.

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

cs4.jpg

cs5.jpg

Ron

inky_skin

Ron - again I'm blown away by your exceptional skill. The original Hasbro fig looked so lifeless, but your stunning paint job has transformed it.

Every time I see your stuff I'm sorely tempted to try something at 1:6 scale, but it looks like you've got the market cornered ;)

Seriously, you've taken a kids toy and made it look like a high-end collectible - this thing wouldn't look out of place on a shelf alongside the Sideshow Indy figure.

Kudos man :)

hemble

Hi All

inky_skin wrote
Ron - again I'm blown away by your exceptional skill. The original Hasbro fig looked so lifeless, but your stunning paint job has transformed it.

Every time I see your stuff I'm sorely tempted to try something at 1:6 scale, but it looks like you've got the market cornered

Seriously, you've taken a kids toy and made it look like a high-end collectible - this thing wouldn't look out of place on a shelf alongside the Sideshow Indy figure.

Kudos man

Mate really glad you think my work is that good and the kind words are verymuch appreciated. It is amazing how detialed the Hasbro stuff is especially when you strip the factory paint off.

DocWhiskey wrote
Dear Hemble,

(blew my mind pic)

Sincerely,

DocWhiskey

Cheers mate.

Ron

Luke Sprywalker

oh man I missed this last week. Very nice Ron. Great pose on the figure and the paint work makes him so life like. Also great tailoring on the soft goods, they too look real and so form fitting. Beautiful work Ron.

hemble

Hi All

Mr. Fusion wrote
Beautiful as always!

Thanks mate and gld you liked it.

Luke Sprywalker wrote
oh man I missed this last week. Very nice Ron. Great pose on the figure and the paint work makes him so life like. Also great tailoring on the soft goods, they too look real and so form fitting. Beautiful work Ron.

Appreciate the reply mate thanks heaps, and I was amazed how well the clothing is it only took a few minor adjustments to get it to fit nicely.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

I've had the Belloq figure when I got him with the Gold idol pedestal and finally decided to do something with him. I thought about the jungle scene but other customizers have done that so I thought I would go with him when he is in the Tanis dig site.

RECIPE

1: Rene Belloq - Is from Sideshow Toys, the only things that aren't are the watch, map, goggles and the statue. The watch is from a WW2 Dragon figure, the map has been downloaded of the net and then printed off, the goggles are made from a piece of clear plastic with pieces from the bits box and the statue is from the 3-3/4" indy figures I thought it just looked good Belloq holding it.

2: Base - The base is two pieces of foam core glued together and left to dry overnight, the wall is large foam pieces cut to size and pulled apart to get the decade look and then glued to the base.

Once everything has dried plaster of paris was used to cover the wall and then kitty litter and fine sand was added to the rest of the plaster and the rest of the base was covered. When the plaster dried I used Vallejo paints and pastels to paint and weather the base.

rbq1.jpg

rbq2.jpg

rbq3.jpg

rbq4.jpg

rbq5.jpg

Ron

Little Indy

228.jpg

Well from the waist up you got it spot on. From the waist down is still to be determined. HA Just kidding man. Another great work. Very very impresive Hemble. Whenever your name pops up I always take a look to see what you have done.