2nd Trailer - initial impressions

agentsands77

I thought the first trailer was really mediocre. Poor selection of footage and poor editing.

I'm hoping I like this one better.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
cinebird said:
Like I said you can't judge a film form a very short trailer, Spielberg is clever I'm sure the film will be superb.

Yeah, I appreciate that you explicitly mentioned that in your post. And I'm absolutely with you on that issue. Albeit ...I'm not sure that the film will be superb. Welcome to the boards and thanks for your information, by the way :hat:

cinebird said:
Yes it was a good little teaser, marketing should have left it at that.

Ah! Good to know your opinion on that one as some kind of reference point. Because I happen to dislike that one. Anyway. In a few hours we'll all see those few seconds of new footage ourselves.

dallasindy

Cinebird...How did you already see the second trailer????? Is IronMan already out somewhere or do you have a hook up, like working at a movie theatre????

spiralout

dallasindy said:
Cinebird...How did you already see the second trailer????? Is IronMan already out somewhere or do you have a hook up, like working at a movie theatre????

Seeing as he said "I watched the new version 2 trailer several times at work today on the big screen" I would say yes...

The Man

Does it bear any resemblance to the transcript released a few weeks back which described Indy et al staring into the sky and the Russkie git overrun by ants?

mr.wolf

i'm stil kinda skeptical on this review since you only have a few posts, but hey don't take offense, you could be the real deal.

indytim

I can vouch for cinebird. He's works at a cinema in my part of the world, and I've known him for going on 20 years! He actually telephoned me the night the Lucasfilm press release was the cover story on Variety announcing a new Star Wars trilogy and another Indiana Jones movie in 1993! Anyway, fifteen years later ...

I think people really will have to reserve their expectations of this film. Yes, it is a new Indiana Jones film but I doubt it can ever really live up to our dreams and wishes. Personally, I'm expecting to enjoy the film more the second time that I see it because I'll just be too anxious watching it the first time for the aforementioned reason.

You can't base opinions about the film on its trailers anyway. Remember 'The Phantom Menace'? The teaser and trailer for that movie were awesome and the film was just a big let-down! Hopefully here we have a reverse scenario!!!

Dr.Sartorius

Devin Faraci, is that you? :p

Anyway that despriction of the trailer sounds exciting....not underwhelming. :confused:

I'm not sure why someone would expect a trailer to have a lot of dialogue and slow moments. Movie advertising these days is geared towards kids who have 5 second long attention spans.

metalinvader

OMG I LOVE YOU!:eek:

Wow,Just...WOW!

Ok.. *deep breath*

That was a great trailer!

"Put your hands down,Your embrarassing us."

"I'd cover my ears if I were you"

Ha! Classic Indy!

Last edited:

isaac_z

awesome awesome awesome!!!

well... ok, the editing isn't that great, but i can't wait to see this in a better quality version!

The_Raiders

BEYOND WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :) :) :) :) :D :D :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :gun: :gun:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael24

No... words.

Should have sent... a poet....

Seriously, that was awesome!!! Can't wait for the HQ version, but man--freakin' WOW!!!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I wonder who that is who appears to be reaching for help through the bars? Didn't look like Mutt, but it's impossible to through Youtube videos frame by frame. And looks like some Russians are gonna get burned to a crisp from the rocket sled, too. :D

Last edited:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
HOLY F*** SH***...I should be so asleep right now....this was amazing...great...I'll probably find that some of it spoils to much and some of the lines work that great later on but ....my jaw dropped to the floor...all skills of putting words into the right order to form a sentence cease to exist ....Oooooohhh ....lol...gotta watch it again..

for a minute there-....I just thought about if I was dreaming or something...hahahahahhee

MarxBrosFan

I would have written more in my first post buy I had to answer my door.
This trailer is really cool and I'm glad we got to see more of the skull!