Temple of the Shells

China Jim

This is half-hitch China Jim's official assistant hes busy right now so I'm writing this article up for him.here goes.

El Calon a mollusk shelled temple located in central area of the National marsh system which is near escuinapa,Sinola,and the aqua Grande, surruoned to the north by the Presidio River,Sinloa and at the south by the Santrago River Nayarit.Alfunso Grave Tirado of the National institute of Anthropology and History states"We are taking about unique construction,because this pyramid was entirely built with mollusk shells,mainly pata de mula(Andara) and some ostion (Crassotrea); many of both types were still closed when used to construct this temple. "this means they were fished out specifically to build the structure and were not food litter.Calculations indicate 257,756,792 shells were used to raise the temple to the height of, 21.87yards and its base is 87.5 x 87.5 yards. "It also has been determined that it was constructed in one phase, apparently it was part of a religious control mechenism and that ceremonies to bring about good fishing and not agriculture was practiced here.One of the other reasons El Calon was constructed of shells instead of stone was that the closest quarry was a 3 week walk.
Concerning the age of the pyramid it was very challenging to ascertain a exact date due to the small quantity of man-made artifacts le metate(mortal)
pestels some polishers and two anthromorphic figures. The artifact found during the 2001and2005 dig season pin point El Calon as a ceremonial center between 750 and 1000 ad,and could be connected to the political, movement is Southern Sinaloa know as Aztatlan horizon. archeologist Stuart D. Scott who first concluded it was a prehispanic shrine due to its 15degree deviation from the north-south axis which is characteristic of Meso-American temples. Using Carbon-14 testing to date the site gives it dates of habitation to be around 4,000years old or 2,000 b.c but not permanent dwellings were found, a more precise date can be brought about when artifacts recovered on the 2001 and 2005 digs are tested.To back up the statements concerning permanent dwellings is that the terrain is swampy and only shards of stone and obsidian was found in the nearby areas the amount was modest. But between the years 7500to1200a.d southern Sinola was habited in such places as El Rancha, La Loma and La Limonera at presido River, and Loma Ramirez,near Chametla, are some settlements.
These were large communities with earthen pyramids reaching the height of 11 yards high,ball fields and town squares which indicates the importance of religion and ceremonies to preserve the older of the world.
But after the year 1200a.d there was a migration away from the area as far as research has gone.Politics remained stable and the main settlements remained along the riversides as the Spanish discovered in 1531 where, why, and when is still a mystery.
History is the search for facts not truths, if you want truths the philosophy class is down the hall
China Jim

HovitosKing

China Jim said:
This is half-hitch China Jim's official assistant hes busy right now so I'm writing this article up for him.here goes.

Where the hell is China Jim these days? What's got him so busy?

China Jim

I have been busy with the mundane

I am honored that all the Indy folk value my input I have been very busy with things away from the net I have a couple of good articles for the site I will get written up and sent in, half hitch is my son I am a single parent so i gotta do the dad thing with him a lot to but I promise I will get more articles put out for the site.
regards
china Jim