Mystery of the Blues and the John Williams theme

Adolf Hitler

Ok, so we have Harrison in the episode and the John Williams theme makes an appearance, but I always found it curious that they chose to use it (and rightly so) but I was always dissapointed that it was otherwise left from the show. How to people feel about the theme being reintroduced subtly into episodes in future DVD releases? Or do people feel it should only ne used when Harrison is on screen?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Adolf Hitler said:
Ok, so we have Harrison in the episode and the John Williams theme makes an appearance, but I always found it curious that they chose to use it (and rightly so) but I was always dissapointed that it was otherwise left from the show. How to people feel about the theme being reintroduced subtly into episodes in future DVD releases? Or do people feel it should only ne used when Harrison is on screen?

I think they might have started to introduce or musically lead into a even closer version of the theme if third season had happened mostly coz connections to Raiders and KOTCS would have started to happen (eg. Abner, Belloq, crystal skull, Marion). It seems Indy really became who he is as a result of being mentored by Abner, the biggest impact perhaps besides WW1.

Adolf Hitler

Violet Indy said:
I think they might have started to introduce or musically lead into a even closer version of the theme if third season had happened mostly coz connections to Raiders and KOTCS would have started to happen (eg. Abner, Belloq, crystal skull, Marion). It seems Indy really became who he is as a result of being mentored by Abner, the biggest impact perhaps besides WW1.
So, in a way, its Abner's theme?

Adamwankenobi

I think that, even if the show had continued, they would have only used the Raiders theme when Harrison Ford appeared in that one episode, or if he would have made any more appearances. Young Indy has his own theme (the show's opening theme).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Adolf Hitler said:
So, in a way, its Abner's theme?

No, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that Young Indy would be accompanied by Raiders March when he starts his unorthodox archaeology career. That starting point to me, seems to lie with Raiders ties such as Abner, Belloq and Marion. Why I say Abner is really the biggest part of who he is... Well, everything else in the YIJC doesn't seem to completely evoke or imply the Indy that will be through Young Indy, but I guess that's what happens when you expect to do a third season.

Whipper

I can think of only one appropriate occasion -- The day Young Indy dons the complete set of Adult Indy regalia for the very first time. Which, back in the day, is what I had hoped to ultimately see, as a wrap to the series.