Vintage Young Indy merchandise

Crack that whip

Crack that whip said:
I do still have scads of the cards (and I brought back a bunch of doubles with me, for trading fodder :) ), but for the moment I'm unable to locate the countertop boxes I know I have, including the full, unopened one (a lot of my stuff has been moved around in the years since I lived there

Update: Well, no wonder I couldn't find it at my parents' house; it turns out I'd previously brought it back here to my apartment already, stored it away and forgotten about it. :eek: Anyway, yes, I do still have a full, unopened, still-shrinkwrapped box of unopened packs of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles trading cards. Huzzah! I'm going to try to get around soon to posting on the trading card threads to see about, well, trading some cards, in order to complete some more sets (both mine and other people's - I'm talking about Indy card sets in general, not Young Indy in particular, as I already have multiple complete sets, having gone through a lot of packs of the cards back in the day).

I'm not sure what to do with this one box, though. Surely there can't be too many unopened countertop display boxes for the Young Indy cards out there, still in shrinkwrap and all. Do I keep it intact? Use for trading fodder? Put it on eBay? Part of me likes the novelty of having a whole unopened box, still "pristine" like this, but part of me is really happy just to have a whole set of the cards and all, and I don't exactly "need" it, after all, and it could help lots of other people complete some sets - but then, does the show actually have enough fans (who are interested in the cards) that there's any demand for the cards that can't be met by all the already-opened cards and completed sets out there?

(Incidentally, shouldn't this thread be in the "Collecting Indy" forum? Just wondering...)

Last edited:

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Update: Well, no wonder I couldn't find it at my parents' house; it turns out I'd previously brought it back here to my apartment already, stored it away and forgotten about it. :eek:
Don't you hate it when that happens?:D

Congrats on your discovery but what to do with that unopened box is indeed a conundrum. While being clueless as to the demand for Young Indy cards out there, I know that I'm looking to complete my set and I don't even know how many cards there are in total. (I have 66 cards, 10 doubles, 1 3-D card, 1 3-D glasses card, 1 Hidden Treasures card and 1 ripped foil wrapper.) I never sent away for binder and just found about the free checklist (by reading the fine print on back of the wrapper about 5 minutes ago.:eek:) As for your box, I can't really advise you one way or the other. It's a tough call but if you have any doubles of cards for sale, I'd gladly buy them.

Crack that whip said:
(Incidentally, shouldn't this thread be in the "Collecting Indy" forum? Just wondering...)
Although it would most likely have more exposure there, that's another conundrum!

P.S. At least one of my cards shows a cut scene that was NEVER shown on TV or on the VHS/DVDs (but shown in the comic) and am dying to know if there are any others!

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
Don't you hate it when that happens?:D

Congrats on your discovery but what to do with that unopened box is indeed a conundrum. While being clueless as to the demand for Young Indy cards out there, I know that I'm looking to complete my set and I don't even know how many cards there are in total. (I have 66 cards, 10 doubles, 1 3-D card, 1 3-D glasses card, 1 Hidden Treasures card and 1 ripped foil wrapper.) I never sent away for binder and just found about the free checklist (by reading the fine print on back of the wrapper about 5 minutes ago.:eek:) As for your box, I can't really advise you one way or the other. It's a tough call but if you have any doubles of cards for sale, I'd gladly buy them.

Although it would most likely have more exposure there, that's another conundrum!

P.S. At least one of my cards shows a cut scene that was NEVER shown on TV or on the VHS/DVDs (but shown in the comic) and am dying to know if there are any others!

Do I have any doubles? Oh, do I ever. I'll try to get a comprehensive inventory up sometime, but for now suffice it to say I can definitely complete your base set; I have multiple complete base sets, and I'm almost positive I also have at least a couple (or more) extras of each 3-d card and at least one extra of each Hidden Treasures card, though for whatever peculiar reason it was a lot harder for me back in the day to put together even one full set of the Hidden Treasures than it was of either the 3-d cards or the main cards. I almost didn't bother, since the Hidden Treasures aren't the most compelling part of the set anyway, but I felt this completist urge...

Stoo

Near the beginning of "Congo 1917", after Remy talk about the jiggers in his toes, there's a scene where Remy is delirious and starts shooting into the trees with the machine gun. Indy is about the blow up the boat before he realizes Remy is only shooting at monkeys. Filmed but never shown!:(

I've been meaning to give a full report on it in this thread for a long time: Scenes Cut From VHS/DVDs

Oh yeah, your fantastic screen cap thread. But yeah. Remy shooting madly, I can't even imagine how that would have fitted in.

No sweat stoo, as usual you're doing a great job

ROB98374

I just bought 8 boxes of sealed Young Indy cards, a complete set and the Young Indy binder.
I also got 4 prototype cards. They don't have numbers on them, so I don't know how to find out how many there were.

Does anyone know how many were released?

indyclone25

i have a bit of the young indy stuff i will have to take pictures --- i have a magnifying glass from pizza hut, trading cards , tshirt, teen reader books , sticker book , magazine issue one , dixie cups , and a few more things i really cant think of at the moment --- i will have to get it all together to get pics :D

Captain Smitty

Bragging

Young Indy bragging!! Wooo! haha. I just have some of the young novels, the dvd's, I did have the VHS entire set, and I sold em' all! I do have the trading cards in an unopened full box. I have som open as well. I love the 3d glasses that came with it. lol.(y)

Crack that whip

ROB98374 said:
I just bought 8 boxes of sealed Young Indy cards, a complete set and the Young Indy binder.
I also got 4 prototype cards. They don't have numbers on them, so I don't know how to find out how many there were.

Does anyone know how many were released?

I don't know, but if yours are all different ones and they don't have numbers on them, there are at least five - I have a promo card as well, but it's numbered. It's very similar to its counterpart in the regular set; the only differences are in the color and size of some of the text on the back (including the card number). I'll try to post a scan of it sometime, though it'll definitely be a while before I can.

ROB98374

Here are the pic's of the front and back of my 4 prototype cards.
DSCF2983.jpg

DSCF2984.jpg

DSCF2988.jpg

Crack that whip

Wow. When you said "prototype" I assumed you meant "promo," but I was clearly wrong. Where'd you get those (and where'd you get so many unopened boxes, for that matter)? I'm envious.

indyclone25

here's what i have on young indy-------

this based on the tv show merchandise , so its not including the young indy young readers book and the find your fate series also not shown are the four soundtracks which i have

mygoodies001.jpg

lucasfilm magazine patch and compass from pizza hut
mygoodies002.jpg

young indy magazine

mygoodies003.jpg

mygoodies004.jpg

mygoodies005.jpg

mygoodies006.jpg

mygoodies008.jpg

mygoodies007.jpg

mygoodies009.jpg

mygoodies010.jpg

mygoodies011.jpg

mygoodies013.jpg

mygoodies012.jpg

Stoo

Nice bunch of goodies there, Indyclone! You even have the rare comics and I've never heard of the compass before. Looks like you have pretty much everything except the pocket knife but this book is the thing I want the most:

indyclone25 said:

indyclone25

Stoo said:
Nice bunch of goodies there, Indyclone! You even have the rare comics and I've never heard of the compass before. Looks like you have pretty much everything except the pocket knife but this book is the thing I want the most:

i thought you might --- it has alot of details on the making of the young indy series , a very good book you might find it on amazon tho:D

ROB98374

Crack that whip said:
Wow. When you said "prototype" I assumed you meant "promo," but I was clearly wrong. Where'd you get those (and where'd you get so many unopened boxes, for that matter)? I'm envious.

I bought all the prototype cards from guy who had two sets. He told me that there are only 5 different cards. I just bought the final 5th one from him.
The other stuff was from random sellers on ebay.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I take it those were the only 2 comics covers by Hollywood Comics...
Looks omnibus-worthy, can you direct me to an image of issue 2?

Edit: eh, never mind.
YoungIndiana.jpg

Last edited:

AnnieJones

I found these on the internet a while ago and I was going to buy them,but I never got around to it.
Has anyone else seen these before? Were they popular at one time?

Last edited: