Best Movie Scores

I love good movies but sometimes the music more so. Here are some of my favorite soundtracks:

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Vertigo
Ben-Hur
Cleopatra
Braveheart
Spartacus
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial
Schindler's List

Can you please recommend some other great soundtracks, so I can add them to my collection? (y)

Dr.Sartorius

Here's come some favorite scores of mine that you didn't mention:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Howard Shore
The Truman Show - Burkhard Dallwitz and Philip Glass
Gladiator - Hans Zimmer
Batman - Danny Elfman
Dances With Wolves - John Barry

Bladerunner....
Conan The Barbarian
2001: A Space Odyssey
Legend

Any John Carpenter film

Sin City

Almost Famous
Vanilla Sky

SNATCH! (Now THAT'S a FN Soundtrack!! )

San Holo

Blasphemy..Only a fan of John Carpenter's garbage would say that Robby Roy's a better movie than Braveheart. Have you even seen Braveheart?

yes I have seen that POS... it was a over-wrought, over long piece of tripe....

And the worst part about it is it CLAIMED to be "The TRUE story of William Wallace" and it wasn't even CLOSE!

Only a prat like Mel Gibson would shoot The Battle Of Stirling BRIDGE, nowhere near a bridge!!

To anyone of Scottish heritage, to anyone PROUD of Wallace in the least, the movie is a travesty and a shining example of Mel Gibsons' Rectal-cranial inversion....

And what it tried to do to Robert The Bruce?!?! horrendous....

I'll give it this.. It's fun watching Patrick McGoohan suck out-loud... He's so bad his performance ALMOST makes Bravefart worth watching.... almost...

"John Carpenter's garbage"
Some hits... some misses.... When he hits, he's great... When he misses, he's still better than most.

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
"John Carpenter's garbage"
Some hits... some misses.... When he hits, he's great... When he misses, he's still better than most.
Think Rob Zombie is going to destroy Halloween?

I honestly don't much care... The Halloween series never did much for me one way or the other....

IIRC, there's still 2 of them I haven't even seen....

But I think they could do a lot worse than having Rob Zombie make the next one.... For example, they could have Steven Spielburg direct it.... *shudder*

LOL

Edit: I looked at the IMDB page for RZ's "Halloween".. It's got Malcom McDowell AND Brad Dourif both.. how can it NOT suck?!?!?! (Mmmmm Sarcasm....)

Last edited:

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
yes I have seen that POS... it was a over-wrought, over long piece of tripe....

And the worst part about it is it CLAIMED to be "The TRUE story of William Wallace" and it wasn't even CLOSE!
You mean to tell me that William Wallace did not knock up the heiress to the throne?:eek:

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
Edit: I looked at the IMDB page for RZ's "Halloween".. It's got Malcom McDowell AND Brad Dourif both.. how can it NOT suck?!?!?! (Mmmmm Sarcasm....)
Cuz it's got Tyler Mane as Myers...a 6'10', 300 lb. rassler...that, and Rob Zombie's a genius of sorts...

William Wallace never even MET her.... She never came to England until 1308... 3 years AFTER Wallace was killed.

"Tyler Mane as Myers..."
Wrestlers, nearly to a man, tend to make LOUSY actors... Fortunately, the role of Myers isn't much of a stretch...

Think we've got far enough off topic yet?? LOL

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
"Tyler Mane as Myers..."
Wrestlers, nearly to a man, tend to make LOUSY actors... Fortunately, the role of Myers isn't much of a stretch...
Aw, c'mon...Hulk Hogan is a thespian extraordinaire! Mane was Sabretooth in X-Men...again, not a role that took anything beyond a massive stature.

ClintonHammond said:
Only a prat like Mel Gibson would shoot The Battle Of Stirling BRIDGE, nowhere near a bridge!

I agree, while I found Braveheart enjoyable as a piece of pure fiction it is no Rob Roy. There are too many historical inaccuracies in Braveheart for my liking. I don't know who's more to blame - Randall Wallace the screenwriter or Mel Gibson? Mel Gibson wasn't originally going to direct the movie so I'll say it's Randall's fault.

The sword fight at the end of Rob Roy is the best ever committed to celluloid.

I forgot to list Bladerunner CH. That soundtrack can now go to the top of my list.

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
"The sword fight at the end of Rob Roy is the best ever committed to celluloid. "

With the ONE exception of the sword fight between Westley and Inigo I completely agree!!

:)
Mandy Patinkin and Carey Elwess gained my undying respect right there. I own the VHS. They could both be in a remake of Braveheart and I'd forgive them...;)