**Song I want you guys to check out**

Dr.Jonesy

My father recently finished recording a song and he's very proud of it and I wanted to post it here for you guys to listen to just for the hell of it. He did all the music himself in the span of a month or so.

Thanks for any comments and just for listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUHLhgBtkU

Rock on, Raveners!
:whip:

Finn

Staff member
Not bad.

For those hesitating to click the link: It's not rickroll or any other joke for that matter. Otherwise we'd have a closed thread and one ravener on his way to the Islands.

Dr Bones

Not my cup of tea I am afraid.

I am not really a musician and whilst I cannot fault the technical aspect of the music actually being played (albeit mostly the same 2 chords for 7 an a half minutes) I don't much care for it artistically.

It just seems to go nowhere. It's like an overly long intro but never actually gets going.

It would not be out of place playing in the background of a games console menu screen for some generic extreme sports game.

The guitar teases you and you expect/want more but then it seems to loop back into the 2 chords.

Maybe with more variation and perhaps some lyrics then it could be something.

But that's just my opinion. I know some may enjoy it as it has quite a chilled feel to it.

Maybe a career in gaming or incidental music beckons?

You don't have to be mainstream, crowd pleasing, ten a penny, predictable Simon Cowell to enjoy or let others enjoy your music.

Rock on!

Last edited: