All the SAD things

Caitlin

I'm re-starting this thread..cause I can't find the old one.......
So if anyone has had something aweful happen or are just having the worst day of your life and need some sympathy and someone to say "It could be worse" POST HERE.

I need sympathy , people!

So I'm at work this morning and Web calls me..."I got bad news baby..."
Me"what...the Blazer wouldn't start?" (We've been having problems with it)
Web"ummmm...yeah, well, you could say that....."

So I'm standing there tears streaming down my face because I didn't sign up to get Comprehensive insurance on our truck...and now it is no more...up in flames..flames, baby, flames (Cramps quote)
Web is Ok...but the entire Blazer is gutted..nothing is salvagable...and we have at least $3,000 left on the loan.
Carless and deep in debt. Oh what joy it is to be a responsible adult...obviously I'm NOT responsible....lesson learned...ALWAYS get Comp. Insurance!!! Its not worth it to save a few bucks on your rate...cause things like this DO happen to people like US. And we thought it couldn't.
Web is pretty sad...his Indy bag was in there when it went up in smoke.

Indy Benson

Yikes! I feel bad for you, Caitlin. I happen to have a Blazer myself, as does my wife. Little consolation, but at least no one was injured

Do you know what caused the fire? Maybe it was a defect that can be covered by Chevy? Is there a recall on any parts that could have caused it?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I don't know if the old one was deleted or moved to the Indy Misc. table. But the Announcements table got cleaned up.

Do you have a pic of your ex-car? I feel bad for you too, and Web also. I hope it wasn't a terrorist from Middle-East.

S

skywlkrinc

Once you go Jeep you'll never go back.

Believe me, I speak from experience. I drove my first Jeep (a 1986 Cherokee) into the ground commuting from home (in Nor. Cal.) to school (in So. Cal.) Five roundtrips per year for five years. I almost had 150,000 miles before I had to get the engine rebuilt. The engine completely gave out the winter after I graduated, but the rest of the Jeep could have easily gone another 200,000 miles. The engine was a 2.8L v6 made by Chevy. If you get a Jeep, get the 4.0L inline6 it's one of the best engines ever built. My newer '02 Grand Cherokee has the 4.0L i6 and I love it.

Luke

Canyon

Caitlin, I've only just seen this post, and I am really sorry for your bad news.

I hope that you and Webley are okay.

Indy Benson

All I can say about Chevy Blazers us this: The absolute biggest piece of CRAP I?ve ever owned.

The ?83 Blazer had either clutch or ?whole? transmission problems every 6 months. Less then 2 years the rebuilt engine (built in Canada) literally fell apart while I was driving down the highway in the middle of the night. It?s the FORD PINTO of SUV?s.

A lot has changed since 1983. Sounds like you had a lemon.

I've got a 2000 Blazer 4x4, and (knock on wood), I haven't had any problems with it. I've taken it off roading, on the two-tracks up north, hunting, fishing, snow, sleet, hail, stifling heat, pummeling rain, etc.

Now you got me worried!

Onya

One B in Freshmen English surrounded by 21 A's.

Writer's block in the summer.

The Blue Carrot incident.

Two years of constant thoughts about food to the point of actually dreaming about eating a carton of cookies an' cream ice cream--and finding have consumed 4,000 calories--and still freaking out when have woken up.

Stretchmarks covering, quite literally, a third of your thigh.

Being stood up by someone you've known for 1.5 years.

Waiting around the house on a Saturday all day for a phone call from said someone who never comes.

Taking 1.7 years to finally master the art of flippy thing for the hair--and all for absolutely nothing because of the reason above.

Still have not figured out how to maintain flippy thing for more than half an hour.

(... I guess I'm a little bitter right now... :D)

Onya

Nah, he was always jerk, anyway--don't know why I ever bothered with him, since all my other friends absolutely despised him. I'll brood over it for a while, until I have something worthwhile to brood about.

(I have a question, Finn, that's going to sound really stupid, but why is there so much space under the "submit to moderator" and "logged" link?)

Finn

Staff member
(It's due the avatar. If your post takes up just one line, the tile sacrificed to it must still be tall enough to fit the pic in. And that RTPTM-link and logged have their places set by where the text itself - not the posting tile - ends.)

Onya

(...Right... I was thinking of a different answer, which thus prevented me from seeing the obvious.)

Webley

awwww..rats!

Indy Benson said:

Do you know what caused the fire? Maybe it was a defect that can be covered by Chevy? Is there a recall on any parts that could have caused it?

There were some bare wires that got chewed up by rats from sitting in our driveway for a year.

Indyologist

Caitlin, I'm so sorry about what happened to your truck. I'm so glad you are both okay. A vehicle is replaceable... you and Web aren't.

Webley

Caitlin said:
Web is Ok...but the entire Blazer is gutted..nothing is salvagable...and we have at least $3,000 left on the loan.raven.theraider.net
Ya we finally got the car paid off.

Now I can burn another one:eek:

Indy Parise

I found out one of my friends, a good friend at that, was dating a girl I HATE with a vengeance. But...

I got to have the satisfaction of him dumping her because she was a B!7(H.

Muhuhahaha.

Consolations to everyone here.