Happy Birthday Harrison Ford!

Happy 68th birthday Harrison Ford. I will celebrate here in Harrison Ford's hometown of Chicago by going to an outdoor screening tonight of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I dont know if they planned for it to be shown on his birthday, if not its an interesting coincidence.

Dr.Jonesy

chicago103 said:
Happy 68th birthday Harrison Ford. I will celebrate here in Harrison Ford's hometown of Chicago by going to an outdoor screening tonight of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I dont know if they planned for it to be shown on his birthday, if not its an interesting coincidence.

You lucky ass!!:p

Anyway, happy b-day Harrison! Sorry to say that until Indy V is made I won't be looking forward to your birthdays! I hope you can understand, lol.

And it's awesome to hear that places are screening KOTCS. I know places in my state where it is being screened. And I have friends who've made it (I couldn't go, I had to be at my sister's wedding last month at the time) said that there was still a huge audience at the film. They're trying to find me a ROTLA screening near San Diego before the summer ends b/c I've never seen it on the big screen, so good luck to me!

And 68 years old...Harrison is a prime example that it's only a number!

ronthereviewer

Happy BDAY

Still looks good after all these action films, thanks for making my childhood:) :) :) :)

I will quote Young Sherlock Holmes, I know this is not right on " You took a young tenative boy and turned him into a courageous man" something like that

kongisking

AndyLGR said:
I hope you are not a man.

If he/she is, there's nothing wrong with being homosexual. Not that I am, of course, but still, I'm compelled to stick up for them when possibly-insulting statements like this come up...I'm not accusing you of anything. Just making sure.

Anyway, back to the topic: HAPPY 68TH, HARRISON! If only we had an Indy movie for every year of your life...

Henry W Jones

Happy Birthday Harrison!!!! And tell George to get his head out of his azz and write IJ5 already before its too late if its not already.

kongisking

Congrats to Mr. Ford on living yet another year. Here's hoping Ender's Game will have one of your best performances...

Montana Smith

The grumpiest man in Hollywood hits 70

Harrison Ford at 70: His best bust-ups

By Orlando Parfitt

We love Harrison Ford. And not just because he's Han Solo or Indiana Jones. We love him because he doesn't take crap off anyone. Because he's the grumpiest man in Tinseltown (see this passive aggressive shocker on Letterman if you don't believe us). And because he knows it, and has (slowly) learnt to have fun with it.

Ford, amazingly, has also turned 70… which surely won't improve his mood. Still, it's a fitting time to celebrate the career of a genuine Hollywood icon in a way we're sure he'll appreciate: through his many rows and spats. Happy birthday Harrison! You grumpy old b*****d…

Ford vs. George Lucas

Without George Lucas, Harrison Ford might still be a carpenter. Fact. The 'Star Wars' bigwig apparently spotted Ford while the out of work actor was building cabinets in his house, and promptly cast him in 'American Graffiti'. They clashed during shooting of 'Star Wars' though, mainly because of Lucas' dreadful dialogue. Ford's succinct summary: "George, you can type this s**t, but you can't say it" has passed into geek folklore, but at the time seriously undermined the fledgling director, already struggling with a grumpy crew. The pair made up, possibly after 'Star Wars' made a boat full of cash, and they worked together again on 'Indiana Jones'.

Ford vs. Ridley Scott

One of the most epic actor/director spats in history happened on the rain-sodden, freezing set of 'Blade Runner'. Ridley Scott once said Ford was the "biggest pain in the arse" he had ever worked with. "He knows a lot… and that's the problem." Ford has been similarly glowing about the project, describing it as a "f**king nightmare". Two massive, miserable egos. The film turned out okay though.

Ford vs. Josh Hartnett

…unlike 'Hollywood Homicide', which saw its two leads fight throughout. Ford and co-star Josh Hartnett (remember him?) apparently never made eye contact during filming and bickered while on promotional duties. Ford called Hartnett a "punk", while the youngster retaliated with "old fart".

Ford vs. Shia LaBoeuf

Harrison Ford had another Beef, this time with 'The Beef'. Shia LaBeouf told a mag that Steven Spielberg and the cast "dropped the ball" with 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'. He may have been right, but Ford was furious. "He's a f**king idiot", said the veteran star. "As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself."

harrison-ford-shia-LeBoeuf.jpg

Ford vs. Papa Smurf

Harrison Ford's blockbuster 'Cowboys And Aliens' was beaten at the box office by 'The Smurfs' in 2011… and he wasn't happy. Speaking to Conan O'Brien, he said that he was disgusted his wife took their son to see 'The Smurfs' and so helped out a rival. He then ripped the head off a Papa Smurf doll. Was he joking? We're not sure.

Ford vs. special effects

It's ironic that Ford, whose career was launched by special effects trailblazer 'Star Wars', slated CGI a few decades later. "With the CGI, suddenly there's a thousand enemies instead of six - the army goes off into the horizon. You don't need that," he said while promoting 'Cowboys And Aliens' (a movie with LOTS of special effects). "That's something that's consistently happening and it makes these movies like video games and that's a soulless enterprise." He does have a point though.

Ford vs. Chewbacca

Of course, Ford does have a sense of humour buried very, very deeply beneath that craggy, desolate exterior. He showed it in this superb skit on the Jimmy Kimmel show. "Daniel Craig's my wookie b**ch now!"

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-editors/harrison-ford-70-best-rows-111936879.html