Body Art

Gear

"Grafeitti", "vandalism", "distasteful"..............

"Beauty", "expression", "individualism"............

I've seen some terrible tatoos but then again I've seen some really cool ones. Do you think they are ugly, perminant stamps one the human body or are they, in your opinion, creative and good things. I'm not talking about facial ones or others that are over the top but more like arm tatoos and such.

Are they a good idea? Even if you really like the disign?

I'm not planning on getting one but I have played around with the idea.

Anyone here have one?

What are your opinions?

I think this tatoo business is rather silly. I recently had a tatoo with the word Diana engraved into my forearm. Diana was my girlfriend. However, we split up and I was left with her name on my arm. What did I do? I had the letters In added at the beginning...

Bjorn Heimdall

I think I would get a tatoo. But...

It would take me years of planning to decide what it would be and where to put it. So I would probably not get one.

Finn

Staff member
herr gruber said:
I think this tatoo business is rather silly. I recently had a tatoo with the word Diana engraved into my forearm. Diana was my girlfriend. However, we split up and I was left with her name on my arm. What did I do? I had the letters In added at the beginning...
So the sex was pretty good then?

Gear

herr gruber said:

My mom went to college with a guy who got his last name tatood on his lower stomach, sort of like a reverse tramp stamp. Well he misspelled his name to the tat artist and thus his last name is now perminantly engraved on his abbs... spelled wrong.

Benudo

gear guardian said:
Are they a good idea? Even if you really like the disign?

I'm not planning on getting one but I have played around with the idea.

Anyone here have one?

What are your opinions?

Go ahead and get one, gear. I have a couple -- one I got after thinking about it a long time and one I got on impulse. I don't regret either one. Cost and pain shouldn't be objections (unless you're getting your entire back covered, like the one Ravener who has posted pics of a scene from Last Crusade). Just don't get it in a place that could potentially hurt future job chances (even if you don't think it could be an issue, none of us can predict our futures). And as long as you get it understanding that it's there for the long haul, you'll be ok.

Oh, another objection I've heard a lot -- "what about when I'm old?" Who cares? Will you be trying to impress the aides at the nursing home when you're 83? I wish more people cared more about how their 20-something selves will affect their old person-selves when it comes to things like finances, drugs, sex, school, etc... Tattoos don't fall in that category, and they can be as tasteful as you want them to be.

Gear

Benudo said:
Go ahead and get one, gear. I have a couple -- one I got after thinking about it a long time and one I got on impulse. I don't regret either one. Cost and pain shouldn't be objections (unless you're getting your entire back covered, like the one Ravener who has posted pics of a scene from Last Crusade). Just don't get it in a place that could potentially hurt future job chances (even if you don't think it could be an issue, none of us can predict our futures). And as long as you get it understanding that it's there for the long haul, you'll be ok.

Oh, another objection I've heard a lot -- "what about when I'm old?" Who cares? Will you be trying to impress the aides at the nursing home when you're 83? I wish more people cared more about how their 20-something selves will affect their old person-selves when it comes to things like finances, drugs, sex, school, etc... Tattoos don't fall in that category, and they can be as tasteful as you want them to be.

Thanks Benudo, thats what I was looking for.

gear guardian said:
Its all good Herr. You just made me look twice. ;)

By the way, Mr. Guardian, I have taken some pretty interesting Beatles locations photos. I'll have to post them in an old Beatles thread if I can find one. :hat:

Finn

Staff member
herr gruber said:
I thought I saw the name Finn on her lower thigh!
If you're talkin' about the chick who didn't settle just with names, but had the face inked too, then I certainly know who you're talkin' about...

So you were the guy in the other thigh then?

That was certainly a weird sight. You on the left, me on the right and Mick Jagger in the middle...

No Ticket

I'll probably never get a tattoo. Not because I disagree with the idea of them or anything like that... because I can't decide on any particular image to be branded to me for life.

... but if I ever do decide. I might get one. How about bullets around your leg... or or, barbed wire around your arm? lol.

... or the golden idol of fertility umm... anyway.

Benudo

Finn said:
That was certainly a weird sight. You on the left, me on the right and Mick Jagger in the middle...

Funniest. Raven. Quote. Ever.

Also the most obscene. I'll never look at Mick the same again.