APRIL FOOL!!! Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #35

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Something nice comics came through the post on Friday via a private auction...

FurtherAdventures35-1.jpg

Rivers

JuniorJones said:

NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Ya gotta tell us more about issue #35! Is that a full book or just the cover proposed for the book!!
Sooooooo cool!!!!

indyclone25

Rivers said:
NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Ya gotta tell us more about issue #35! Is that a full book or just the cover proposed for the book!!
Sooooooo cool!!!!
i like the cover art, but it just doesnt look "marvel" if you know what i mean? could this be a elaborate april fools mock up ?

Stoo

Rivers said:
Sooooooo cool!!!!
Don't have an orgasm just yet, Rivers!:whip:

JuniorJones showed this artwork to me 3 weeks ago and my immediate take was that it's fan-work. (I did not mention my doubts to JuniorJones.)

Many clues show that this is, most likely, a fake. If it *is* REAL, then I'll eat my hat!:p

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Don't have an orgasm just yet, Rivers!:whip:

JuniorJones showed this artwork to me 3 weeks ago and my immediate take was that it's fan-work. (I did not mention my doubts to JuniorJones.)
authenticity

Many clues show that this is, most likely, a fake. If it *is* REAL, then I'll eat my hat!:p

Stoo, re-check my message as I'm sure it will convince you of it's authenticity.

I understand from Tom Palmer that the issue was printed and that every one knew it wasn't going for distrubtion even though it had been printed by World Color Press to simply keep the press rolling.

At the time WCP were largest printers of comic magazines in the industry and Marvel didn't want to lose it's 'Placement'. As First Comics were suing WCP accusing them of anti-competitive practices and Marvel were concerned about losing position to DC. DC even named WCP as one of the company's in their 50th anniversary publication "Fifty Who Made DC Great"

Palmer also said that he expected the 'racey' cover to be 'tamed' at editoral stage and was pleased to see it printed.

Most of the issues were pulped but an Indiana Jones fan who worked as a warehouse man at the Quebec depot took a bundle.

I'm glad that he did!:D

Would you like salt with your Fedora!!

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
JuniorJones said:
Stoo, re-check my message as I'm sure it will convince you of it's authenticity.

I understand from Tom Palmer that the issue was printed and that every one knew it wasn't going for distrubtion even though it had been printed by World Color Press to simply keep the press rolling.

At the time WCP were largest printers of comic magazines in the industry and Marvel didn't want to lose it's 'Placement'. As First Comics were suing WCP accusing them of anti-competitive practices and Marvel were concerned about losing position to DC. DC even named WCP as one of the company's in their 50th anniversary publication "Fifty Who Made DC Great"

Palmer also said that he expected the 'racey' cover to be 'tamed' at editoral stage and was pleased to see it printed.

Most of the issues were pulped but an Indiana Jones fan who worked as a warehouse man at the Quebec depot took a bundle.

More evidence...

news.jpg

Crack that whip

Well, if it is real and not an April Fools Day hoax, wow! :eek: But I hope you'll forgive me if I say I'd like to see some further verification.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
yeah scan some of the pages and lets see the story?

As you all know I usually very obliging with the scans...but not today.

I think this is something that I'm going to keep for myself but I will tell you this - the story, is set in 1942, and starts with Indy standing up Marion. In the issue they manage to get tangled in the German air raids over England and pass through the Eastern Front and then...well, you'd have to get your own copy!

Here a snippet of the splash. That's all I'm giving away...EVER!

pagescan1-1.jpg

Last edited:

indyclone25

JuniorJones said:

I think this is something that I'm going to keep for myself but I will tell you this - the story, is set in 1942, and starts with Indy standing up Marion. In the issue they manage to get tangled in the German air raids over England and pass through the Eastern Front and then...well, you'd have to get your own copy!

pagescan1-1.jpg
and where do i get my own copy? hmmmmm?
:D

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
QUEBEC depot?!? Holy Mother of G_d! Right in my own backyard!:eek:
JuniorJones said:
Ketchup, please, but I'm not ready to start eating my hat just yet.;) There are still some VERY fishy details which I will address in this thread: The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

I don't blame you for not wanting to share it, Junior. How much did you pay for this ultra-rarity (if you don't mind my asking)?
indyclone25 said:
and where do i get my own copy? hmmmmm?
Gotta hunt down that guy in Quebec. I'm actually flying home to Montreal tomorrow so you can meet me there and we can find out where he lives. While you hold him off with your whip-cracking, I'll ransack his house!:whip:

Rivers

I am soooooooo jealous right now. Any idea how many more are floating around out there??? Does this warehouse worker have any more??

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
QUEBEC depot?!? Holy Mother of G_d! Right in my own backyard!:eek::

You could almost smell the flexography.:D

Stoo said:
Ketchup, please, but I'm not ready to start eating my hat just yet.;) There are still some VERY fishy details which I will address in this thread: The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones:

Jason King is on the case!! I'm saying nothing, guv'nor!

JasonKing.jpg

Stoo said:
[I don't blame you for not wanting to share it, Junior. How much did you pay for this ultra-rarity (if you don't mind my asking)?]:

No, not at all. $25

Stoo said:
[Gotta hunt down that guy in Quebec. I'm actually flying home to Montreal tomorrow so you can meet me there and we can find out where he lives. While you hold him off with your whip-cracking, I'll ransack his house!:whip:

Don't forget your utility belts...

Batman_and_Robin_1949_Serial_001.jpg

Stoo

The Lost Issue #35

There is much conversation in this thread about the lost issue #35 (starting at post 77). As most "Further Adventures" fans are aware, it's existence/non-existence seems to have reached almost mythical proportions. There has been enough evidence to prove that it was being worked on but never enough to show that it was actually printed. However, things might have changed...

Lo & behold, our very own, JuniorJones, appears to have actually obtained a copy!:eek:

Reposts from the "New Acquistions" thread. (Hope you don't mind, Junior):
JuniorJones said:

JuniorJones said:

JuniorJones said:

pagescan1-1.jpg

When I first saw the cover image 3 weeks ago in an e-mail, I immediately dismissed it as a fake but JJ maintains that it's genuine. While he is a stand-up guy and not one to be doubted, there are a couple of puzzling details which seem rather fishy.

1) The woman's cleavage on the cover. Did Marvel ever get that risky in 1986?:confused:

2) It is known that Marion was due to return in the planned #35 and the entire run follows a linear story line from 1936 to sometime in 1937. Why would it suddenly jump forward to 1942?:confused:

3) The images show this as May 1986. The series became bi-monthly in the middle of 1985 so the May date for #35 would be correct...but why is the price at 60 cents U.S./30p U.K./75 cents Canadian)? That was the price from January 1983 to March 1985! Issue #34 was 75 cents U.S./40p U.K./95 cents Canadian. Why would the price have dropped?:confused:

PriceComparison_A.jpg

PriceComparison_B.jpg

I said to Junior that I'll eat my hat if this is real and it's for the above reasons that I haven't started chewing yet!:p

DoomTown

Oh man, I WANNA believe, I WANNA believe , I WANNA believe...If this is indeed real (And not a very clever April Fools Joke)this would be the ultimate find of all Indy-dom (For me anyway).

I WANNA believe, I WANNA believe...;)

However, I also had the same issue with the cover price. :confused:

Why from 75 cents to 60? More questions than answers, I'm afraid. But boy, do I love that cover...:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
There is much conversation in this thread about the lost issue #35 (starting at post 77). As most "Further Adventures" fans are aware, it's existence/non-existence seems to have reached almost mythical proportions. There has been enough evidence to prove that it was being worked on but never enough to show that it was actually printed. However, things might have changed...

Lo & behold, our very own, JuniorJones, appears to have actually obtained a copy!:eek:

Reposts from the "New Acquistions" thread. (Hope you don't mind, Junior):

When I first saw the cover image 3 weeks ago in an e-mail, I immediately dismissed it as a fake but JJ maintains that it's genuine. While he is a stand-up guy and not one to be doubted, there are a couple of puzzling details which seem rather fishy.

1) The woman's cleavage on the cover. Did Marvel ever get that risky in 1986?:confused:

2) It is known that Marion was due to return in the planned #35 and the entire run follows a linear story line from 1936 to sometime in 1937. Why would it suddenly jump forward to 1942?:confused:

3) The images show this as May 1986. The series became bi-monthly in the middle of 1985 so the May date for #35 would be correct...but why is the price at 60 cents U.S./30p U.K./75 cents Canadian)? That was the price from January 1983 to March 1985! Issue #34 was 75 cents U.S./40p U.K./95 cents Canadian. Why would the price have dropped?:confused:

PriceComparison_A.jpg

PriceComparison_B.jpg

I said to Junior that I'll eat my hat if this is real and it's for the above reasons that I haven't started chewing yet!:p

Do go on...Mr. Columbo.:D :D :D :D

ShatnerColumbo1976.jpg