Indiana Jones 5?

H_Donovan

I'd rather there wasn't any more after this one. Even if Ford, Lucas and Spielberg were all on board. But, if no Ford, I can't think of Indiana Jones, so I hope this is it for it.

IndyJr.

Is it a possibility that Steven Speilberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford will all come back for a 5th one? Or have they pretty much said that 4 will be the end... I really hope they come back... here's what I'd like to see...

Scenerio 1: Harrison and the team stays. They make sequels to Indy 4 that take place in the 50's and 60's. Searching for Atlantis, Noah's Ark, whatever...

Scenerio 2: Shia and the team stays. They make Indiana Jones Jr. movies where Indy (Harrison) gives his son the outfit and Shia goes on adventures like his father did, with ocassional appearances from the Harrison Indy.

Scenerio 3: Indiana Jones prequels. They cast Sean Patrick Flannery (or someone else) to be Indiana Jones to be in movies taking place in the 20's and early 30's to try and bridge the gap between Hollywood Follies and Temple of Doom.

I'd like to see at least one of these scenerios come to pass... :whip: :gun: :hat:

TennesseBuck

This will definitely be the last. Ford himself said last year that if the writers couldn't come up with a good script soon, at least by 2008, Ford would call it quits.

No Ticket

I think it's good to call this the last one. Although, once it's out and over with... I'll probably change my mind. :)

MissDefense

What's this running?
Let's finish the movie and see what comes out. Even if Indy4 ends up beeing the greatest movie ever,the saga should just end there.

DarthLowBudget

Are you honestly saying there is a chance that Sean Patrick Flannery may reprise his role as a slightly younger Indiana Jones in a set of prequels?

Because that would be something I could actually be interested in.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
DarthLowBudget said:
Are you honestly saying there is a chance that Sean Patrick Flannery may reprise his role as a slightly younger Indiana Jones in a set of prequels?

Because that would be something I could actually be interested in.
SPF isn't likely, but a prequel movie is.

DarthLowBudget

I suppose SPF is getting a little too old to play a younger version of Indy anymore...

It'd be interesting to see, if a prequel did get made, if it would incorporate some of the ideas that were meant to be explored in Young Indy, had it been renewed, like Indy first meeting Abner and Belloq and that kind of thing.

Finn

Staff member
DarthLowBudget said:
I suppose SPF is getting a little too old to play a younger version of Indy anymore...
Like I said when this was discussed the last time... the guy is in his mid-forties and you want him again to play Indy in his mid-twenties?

Riiight... why not just get Ford at the job while you're at it?

Indy fan 235

I wouldn't object to an Indy 5. If they come right off of Indy 4 and into 5, provided they have a script ready to go, I am sure they can get at least one more made, provided Ford wants to come back.

I wouldn't want though anyone else other than Ford playing Indy. It just would be too weird, and even if they did a spin off series starring Shia's character (whoever he turns out to be) it might be fun, but still wouldn't be Indy. Still, I would watch and support it.

I could see a spin off of the character as an on going TV series, sort of like the Young Indy Chronicles.

I'm just glad there is an Indy 4 when it all comes down to it. Last Crusade had the perfect ending, Indy and company riding off into the sunset. The fact that they are making another one has me feeling like a kid again.

Grizzlor

Would love Indy 5 of course, but don't give it much chance. Lucas is supposed to start working on the Star Wars series, hand that off, and continue developing television, although I think he will soon find that is a lost cause, because none of the networks are willing to spend any money on scifi shows anymore. The biggest problem with an Indy 5 is the difficulty in coming up with a script. Let's not forget the shortest time between editions was 3 years.

As for Shia, I like him, but he's kind of a pip squeak and not much of an action star at this point. I wouldn't mind seeing the franchise continue, but pushing a 1930's serial concept into the 60's?

BTW: Why does this writer on AICN make the statement that Marion had a kid with Indy? This has never been said, and most have rumored that Shia is not Indy's son.