Indiana Jones Top Trumps

Arab Swordsman

adsdpial said:
Hiya.

I just had a quick look on their site, and there was this reply to a recent question along similar lines to yours Arab Swordsman :D

"We have just put the finishing touches on our deck of Indiana Jones Top Trumps. These will be available from our online store at the end of May once the movie launches! Top Trumps will soon be available from Amazon.com and later in the summer will be available from a well known chain of book stores.

If you'd like to get a sneak preview of the Indiana Jones cards... try your nearest cinema! One million 8-card booster packs are being distributed as a promotional item at participating US cinemas nationwide, from May 1st."

- The booster set of bonus/preview cards to add to that main deck of 30 Indy cards are to be free in a food-combo purchase deal at selected US Cinema's (info above in a previous post) - if you get a spare, think of me, lol :)

IndianaJones-BigBox.jpg

Thanks for the info! I'm going to see Iron Man tonight...I'll see if they have the cards at my theater.

Rhys135

No sign of them at my local Woolworths today :( but they did have Crystal Skull lego's, but I resisted buying them today.

Will be by a diffrent Woolworths on Tuesday, so hopefully, I'll get some then.

adsdpial

No joy here either

Same here sadly, I tried several Woolies, they all seemed to think it'd be Tuesday after the Bank Holiday, shame really as the date was given of May 1st.

adsdpial

2 Indy Bonus Top Trumps in Kids National Geographic

For UK Top Trumps fans, there are 2 Indy STT's (Super Cards) in the June edition # 21 of National Geographic Kids - out now.

The 2 STT's are Russian Soldier and Ugha Warrior.

Just a word of warning though, as its been found that a few copies of the magazine have duplicates of the same bonus card inside, rather than a correct mix of the 2 single ones.

Here are my pics of the 2 super cards.

n546302314_821712_4341.jpg

n546302314_821615_7660.jpg

Rhys135

I have a spare Russian Soldier. If anybody would like to trade it for a Ugha Warrior, PM me!

Ignatius Stone

Yeah most of the issues I looked at had either 2 Russian Soldiers or else 2 Ugha Warriors inside.

So far it looks like the confirmed STTs for the UK are:

Colonel Dietrich (Woolworths)
Maharajah Zalim Singh (Woolworths)
Marion Ravenwood from KOTC (Woolworths)
Russian Soldier (National Geographic Kids)
Ugha Warrior (National Geographic Kids)

If anyone knows of any others, post details here.(y)

adsdpial

Does anyone know if the US cinema booster 6 card pack has "super top trumps card" on the back of any of those cards.

I'm also loving the cool fake "leather effect" aged cards, its a clever touch.

adsdpial

Aged leather look

Just found out something interesting - the US booster sets don't seem to have the same "aged" fake leather effect to the bonus cards as the UK ones ? - makes it interesting from a collectors point of view in that there are 2 different treatments to the cards to collect.

Ignatius Stone

The fake leather effect on the cards is cool. (y)

Mind you... some of the older booster cards I have for other decks don't have such things as foil/metallic highlighting on them when their corresponding main decks did. Top Trumps are anything but consistent! ;)

Arab Swordsman

I ordered the US Version of the regular pack last week and won the US Booster Pack today on Ebay. I'm looking for the Detrich, Maharajah, and Russian Soldier cards from the UK if anyone has extras.

Arab Swordsman

Has anyone else in the United States ordered the full Indy Top Trumps set and received them yet? I ordered mine on May 10th and still haven't gotten them. I was wondering if anyone else had.

Billy Ray

My kids both recevied a pack of these cards free with their tickets when we went and saw KOTCS last Thursday. Cool little bonus. They both had the same exact cards, all from KOTCS.

Ignatius Stone

Various different countries are receiving different booster cards/bonus packs for use with the main deck.
Makes getting a complete set difficult.:(

adsdpial

Ignatius Stone said:
Various different countries are receiving different booster cards/bonus packs for use with the main deck.
Makes getting a complete set difficult.:(

It turned into a bit of an eBay hunt for me to get mine! but I think I've managed as far as I can make out to get all of them that I'm aware of, I won the US and German promo booster sets off of the appropriate Countries eBay, and got the 3 card UK STT set from Woolworths and the other 2 loose UK STT's from the Kids National Geographic magazine.

There has also been some trades going on on the Top Trumps forum site, that might also be an avenue for you to explore :D

adsdpial

Arab Swordsman said:
Has anyone else in the United States ordered the full Indy Top Trumps set and received them yet? I ordered mine on May 10th and still haven't gotten them. I was wondering if anyone else had.

I think I remember reading on their site that the packs were "pre-order" and would be sent out from June 3 next week.... I'd be really interested when you get yours if there are any main differences in the US pack to the UK one :)

***hayleyrox***

i bought these the other day :)
i cant get enough of them :p
except my sister gets really annoyed `cause i always beat her :D
heres a thing, if you've got indy, marion and theres another card with 2 adventures in your pack, go with adventures and you should win the game quickly :D
but i geuss thats cheating in a way and i like playing the traditional way :)

xxxxxxxxx

adsdpial

I'm loving the set too, it was well worth the wait.

Part of the fun and skill of the game for me is the strategy element, seems like you've cottoned on to that too !, the more you play the more you remember which card rates best against others' attributes and ratings, so you can win all of their cards!

Did you manage to get any of the Super Cards to add to your deck? :whip:

Last edited:

***hayleyrox***

adsdpial said:
I'm loving the set too, it was well worth the wait.

Part of the fun and skill of the game for me is the strategy element, seems like you've cottoned on to that too !, the more you play the more you remember which card rates best against others' attributes and ratings, so you can win all of their cards!

Did you manage to get any of the Super Cards to add to your deck? :whip:

nope i didn't unfortuneatly , how about you??

xxxxxx