Aha! Joined at last...

Drones33

Been an Indy Fan since Raiders, ( since then there's been a lot of years AND a lot of mileage) and recently, whilst researching my new fedora I realised how much info I've gleaned from this forum, and how completely addictive it is! So I've finally decided to tag along. Shoulda done it years ago. So, look forward to spending time here.:)

HenryJunior

Welcome to the Raven! Yep we have a pretty extensive backlog of anything Indy related, especially stuff for Gear. Just a Friendly tip, if you have a question or idea, use the forum search function before making a new thread. Don't be afraid of threads that are several years old, we actively still use threads with deep roots shall we say.

A new voice is always welcome, have fun! :whip:

kongisking

Drones33 said:
Thanks for the welcome, and for the tip. I'll bare it in mind.:)

Pffftttt. He only says it to spare you the mods' wrath. That seems to be a major sore points for them. They're a grumpy bunch, but as long as you don't make a mess, they'll buy you the occasional drink. :D

Welcome to our party, and stay out of the light! :hat:

Drones33

Ah, I get it. I'll be on my best behaviour then, mostly. :) I notice in the bottom corner of the User CP that I..."May NOT post attachments." Any idea what that's about? I'm guessing its because I'm new to this and must prove my good intentions to the mods?

Montana Smith

Drones33 said:
I notice in the bottom corner of the User CP that I..."May NOT post attachments." Any idea what that's about? I'm guessing its because I'm new to this and must prove my good intentions to the mods?

Ignore that. There's a bit of dust and cobwebs in the corners of the old bar. ;)

You can post images the usual way with the 'Insert Image' button or with manual
tags.

:hat:

Finn

Staff member
There is a difference, actually. Some boards allow posting images without the use of a third-party hoster (photobucket, imgur, etc), by directly adding them as attachments to posts. With us, it's a disabled feature.

And why? To put it simply: To allow direct uploading of files takes up server space. Tagged images do not.

Drones33

Good service here...

Thanks for the prompt response, I'm new to this, so any tips or advice are most appreciated. So I'm guessing I should be able to post a link to my photos on, say, Instagram for example, rather than attaching the pic as a file? :)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Drones33 said:
Thanks for the prompt response, I'm new to this, so any tips or advice are most appreciated. So I'm guessing I should be able to post a link to my photos on, say, Instagram for example, rather than attaching the pic as a file? :)

Instagram? Possibly. I'm not sure we've ever seen it tried before.

What you'll do is use the image tags - obtainable either by clicking on the lovely little pixely image of a mountain beneath a sun OR by enclosing the link to the image in tags like so: {IMG}www.yourfavoriteimagehoster.com/525265246kjl.jpg{/IMG}, where the braces {} are actually brackets [] - to surround a URL ending in .jpg, and possibly .gif and .png as well.

Finn

Staff member
Instagram is doable, but you need the direct url of the pic you want to post. Right-click over the pic in Instagram and select "view background image". Copy the url to your post and apply the IMG tags.