Something to look into while waiting Indy IV (CC fans pay ATTN.)

Finn

Staff member
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318649/

Looks like Crusader Entertainment finally got the project they announced to start over two years ago going on with the full scale.

Those who don't know what are we talking about in here I can say that this flick is the first one in the line of adventures based on novels by Clive Cussler. His hero Dirk Pitt is defined as the "modern day Indiana Jones" by many.

So I thought that it would be a good idea to introduce you <i>Sahara</i>, a movie in production that will hit the theaters somewhere in late summer/early fall 2004. I'm pretty sure that many of you in here will check this one out while waiting for Indy IV.

Especially you fans out there, tell me your opinion about the current known cast for this flick and how they call for that image you have got of them from CC's novels.

Okay, I don't know if this one's going to be a classic, but I know that meself along with plenty of other people on this board are going to check this one once it comes out.

<small>(And I don't want to hear any lousy jokes about a mod opening threads concerning movies that don't exist!)</small>

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hehe, Finn's opening a thread concerning a movie that doesn't even exist!

Seriously though...I read the "Atlantis" Clive Cussler, whatever it was called...but I'm not really a fan.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure "Shipwreck" (James) has been keeping a close eye on this...as well as I have.
I can't wait! I love the choice they have for Dirk Pitt (Matthew McConaughey), yeah!

westford

Finally, some news!!!! I'm looking forward to this one!!! :D

Steve Zahn as Al Giordino? But he's 5'8"! That's far too tall!!! ;) Still, if he puts on some weight and wears a Hawiian shirt, I'll let him off...

And McConaughey as Dirk Pitt... Yeah, that could work! But will he have his Reign of Fire beard back for this one?

And will Cussler have a cameo appearance like he does in the books and in the Raise The Titanic film? I hope so...

Edit: Check out http://www.raisethetitanic.com/home/sahara.html for more news.

[Edited by westford on 09-18-2003 at 01:37 pm]

Finn

Staff member
Grow a beard and go for an audition, Claire. I've heard that movie stars make quite a payroll nowadays... :D

I'm also interested to see what kind of faces they'll find for the rest of the NUMA gang.

Sandecker, Yaeger, Gunn... suggestions anyone?

westford

Sandecker's gotta be ginger!!!

I may be the right height to play Al, Finn, but I don't think they could pass me off as an Italian-American man somehow... And there would be too much running and jumping and getting beaten up for my liking too! :p But apart from that, I'm there! :D

I still think James Gandolfini should get a part, even if he's not gonna be Al...

ct11.jpg

Finn

Staff member
00Kevin said:
great, another indy rip-off :D.........
I wouldn't say that if I were you, Kev... as a character, Dirk Pitt was created <i>before</i> Indy, in the mid-70's!

westford

I'd have said Dirk was more like James Bond anyway... Except he's not a spy... So really, he's not much like Bond...

Indy Smith

Oooh...Bryan Tyler is doing the music. He's doing the music for the new Timeline movie and created an exceedingly amazing score with a catchy theme for the the new Dune: MiniSeries which aired on Sci-Fi Channel.

Is this the same novel/film that X-Files Director Rob someone was attached to?

Finn

Staff member
Indy Smith said:
Is this the same novel/film that X-Files Director Rob someone was attached to?
Rob Bowman... yep. Also the same film in which Hugh Jackman was rumored to play the main role.

I'm one of those who actually like more of their actual choice.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Jackman would have been cool, but I think the choice they have now is great. I couldn't last the movie out without thinking that he should just let those claws out at least one.

Indy Smith

An actor I think would make a good action hero is Edward Burns. He's just so cool man. Although I would see him more of a reluctant hero, rather than the gung-ho action star.

I've never read the Sahara novels with this character. But they sound interesting. When i first heard Sahara I thought of the James Belushi World War Two movie.

Indy Smith

bump

read this on dark horizons:

Sahara: 'Tom' has discovered where the new action film starring Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz will conduct some shooting soon, here's his report from the chill down UK: "Sahara is filming a 3 minute beginning sequence in England on a lake in Hampshire called Hawley Lake. This sequence sets the scene as gold from the Civil War is loaded onto a boat in a creek. Later the gold is what Dirk Pitt is searching for. The loading of the gold is being filmed on this lake in December, with prepartion with the building of an 120 foot long boat and buildings beginning in October. Filming takes place the night of December 10th, so roving spys should head down there with cameras in tow.