KotCS comic adaptation

|ZiR|

The Man said:
What with the release of those cards, Lucasfilm don't seem to give a sh!t about spolers anymore. Come back, Tyler Nelson, we love you after all! Do your dance! Aww...

Yeah, evidently so. And it's not so unusual after all, I suppose. I do remember my brother got the Alien: Resurrection comic before the film was released.

I really hope someone here grabs a copy and posts about it soon, 'cos there don't seem to be any comic stores or decent book stores in my area of NM

And last I heard, Tyler Nelson was seen entering Skywalker Ranch and hasn't been witnessed since. :dead:

Indy Jones

|ZiR| said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa -- wait up. The KotCS comic adaptation is out in stores now?! (May 5th)

Does anyone have it yet? And don't the publishers care about spoilers?

Comic book stores tend to get new stock in on Wednesdays. And I know for a fact that the one I work at does.

And what's shipping is noted as "TP" at the end, which I guessing means "Trade Paperback." Which would be both issues collected in one volume.

Indy Jones

Crack that whip said:
So, issue #1 should most likely hit comic shops Wednesday the 7th (the day after tomorrow)? Peachy!

Either the trade paperback version or issue #1, yes. The "TP" at the end confuses me as that must mean Trade Paperback, which would be both issues in one book.

But it's more logical that it's the first issue only.

Hedwig

yodazone said:
Hugh Flemming's cover #2 is out!

indy2painted.jpg

Here's the variant cover to issue #2:

indy2variant.jpg

And issue #1 with final logos and title:

indy1painted.jpg

(y) (y) (y)
Those are so cool!:D

Agent Z

I haven't checked out comic book movie adaptations since Marvel put them out in the 80's. I wasn't that impressed with those, so hopefully these are better quality.

I may go single issues, just to collect those nice covers at least...

Indy Jones

Agent Z said:
I haven't checked out comic book movie adaptations since Marvel put them out in the 80's. I wasn't that impressed with those, so hopefully these are better quality.

I may go single issues, just to collect those nice covers at least...

I disagree. The film adaptations of the Indy trilogy from Marvel in particular were actually good by comparison to others, as they were properly fleshed out with narration boxes and thought-baloons, something which is prettymuch entirely absent in other film adaptations. And the adaptations were well-paced between the three-or-four issue mark. LC's adaptation was four as opposed to Raiders' and Temple's three.

But unless the KOTCS adaptation is in two, 30-40 page books, we're looking at an adaptation that amounts only to storyboards with the occasional bit of dialogue thrown in, moving at a breakneck pace with zero development. I really hate that.

Agent Z

Indy Jones said:
I disagree. The film adaptations of the Indy trilogy from Marvel in particular were actually good by comparison to others, as they were properly fleshed out with narration boxes and thought-baloons, something which is prettymuch entirely absent in other film adaptations. And the adaptations were well-paced between the three-or-four issue mark. LC's adaptation was four as opposed to Raiders' and Temple's three.

Well, it's been awhile since I've read them, but I remember the artwork, save for the covers, was lacking to me. I was a kid though, fresh from the theater and with probably unrealistic expectations for the comic books to match what I saw on the screen.

I actually picked up the TOD and Raiders Marvel Super Special mags a week ago on eBay, so I'm going to give them another go. :)

Stoo

Just bought this today at Indigo Books in Montreal and haven't even taken one peek inside.
The paper stock for the cover is nice and heavy. Price was $14.50 CAN.

00Kevin

Indyfan
yeah, the comic adaptation was WAY TOO SHORT, there was too much going on to squeeze it into 2 comics. the entire thing feels very rushed and we never get the chance to slow down and see things unfold dramatically

Dr.Sartorius

I was kind of disappointed with the Dark Horse adaptation. I thought the artist made Indy look too old and some of the best scenes of the movie got barely a page in this version.

yodazone

The "Indiana Jones & Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" Trade is a HUGE seller for the month of May!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080616-diamond-salescharts.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------"On the trade paperback side, Dark Horse took the win with the second volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8, "No Future for You". Dark Horse also took the third and fourth chart positions, with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trade paperback and Hellboy Vol. 8: Darkness Calls, helping them continue their recent strong Market Share performances of 6.30% Unit Share and 8.11% Dollar Share."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now they need to green light that Indiana Jones monthly!

(y) (y) (y)

Agent Z

yodazone said:
The "Indiana Jones & Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" Trade is a HUGE seller for the month of May!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080616-diamond-salescharts.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------"On the trade paperback side, Dark Horse took the win with the second volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8, "No Future for You". Dark Horse also took the third and fourth chart positions, with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trade paperback and Hellboy Vol. 8: Darkness Calls, helping them continue their recent strong Market Share performances of 6.30% Unit Share and 8.11% Dollar Share."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now they need to green light that Indiana Jones monthly!

(y) (y) (y)

If that is what it will take to get a monthly started, then great....but I really regret spending money on their KOTCS adaptation. (n)

Peacock's-Eye

I flipped through it at a bookstore - really bad art.
Why can't they do these things right?
But I did get to see this 12 yr old kid picking out everything that was "wrong" with it i.e. not in the movie! That was priceless.