Trilogy on Blu-Ray

kongisking

Wonderful news! Especially since I finally own a PS3.

Is it too much to hope that maybe, just maybe, around the time of this sucker's release, the Power Trio will give us some new details about the progress of Indy 5? :sleep:

Le Saboteur

I just received an email from Amazon informing me that they've opened up pre-orders for the series... that's not a tetralogy.

Drop in here to pre-order if you're in the States.

The official site has also been updated with the trailer... and nothing else. There isn't even an option to go to the old site. Though, you are given the option to pre-order through Amazon.

indyclone25

anybody else having problemS looking at the indiana jones site? i see ablack page with little boxes with x's in it and a space for the video (which will play ) when you hit itand some letters promoting the release that is somewhat blocked by the video .:p

* never mind i hit your link and i was able to see the website .

Last edited:

Indy's brother

kongisking said:
Is it too much to hope that maybe, just maybe, around the time of this sucker's release, the Power Trio will give us some new details about the progress of Indy 5?

Let me consult the mystifying oracle known as......THE MAGIC 8 BALL!!!

outlook-not-so-good.jpg

Mungi

Le Saboteur said:
The official site has also been updated with the trailer... and nothing else. There isn't even an option to go to the old site. Though, you are given the option to pre-order through Amazon.

And there's even a link to the Facebook site. I didn't know it had one. Let's show the world what a beloved franchise this is and like it!:whip:

IAdventurer01

Now watching all the movies in HD, I've got to say it lends a lot of credence to those who complained about the soft-focus of KotCS. Visually, KotCS seems to be the weakest in the trailer, but that's also testament to a very nice transfer of the original trilogy. Their visuals are just gorgeous! I'm getting giddy as a schoolboy just remembering how they looked in the trailer while typing this post. I can't wait! :D

IndyBr

Great! I'm really excited about this, I hope they include a featture about the movie props, just like "The Collection" in the Star Wars Blu-Rays.
And since Spielberg said there wouldn't be any kind of modifications in the movies, aside for the HD tansfer of course, we don't need to worry about "Cairo Swordsman shooting first".

Looking forward for more news. :whip:

Crack that whip

Le Saboteur said:
I just received an email from Amazon informing me that they've opened up pre-orders for the series... that's not a tetralogy.

Hmm? What's the "series... that's not a tetralogy" thing about - surely not something Amazon said, I presume. Are you just making a dig at one of the movies?

Le Saboteur said:

I noticed that myself; indeed, there's no option to go to either the old old site or the new old site, to be more specific / precise. The first major site overhaul a few years ago dramatically reduced the total amount of 'content' there, and now they've done it again. At this rate, if they announce an Indy V, the site will get another major overhaul that'll turn it into a single page with just a picture of a hat. :rolleyes:

Montana Smith

Crack that whip said:
Hmm? What's the "series... that's not a tetralogy" thing about - surely not something Amazon said, I presume. Are you just making a dig at one of the movies?

Play.com is advertizing a pre-order for "Indiana Jones: The Original Trilogy (Blu-ray)".

Makes sense as you don't have to buy another copy of KOTCS.

Also a mark of respect to keep #4 a separate entity! (But that won't last long, as there'll obviously be a complete four-movie release at some point).

The Drifter

Montana Smith said:
(But that won't last long, as there'll obviously be a complete four-movie release at some point).

That's what I am wanting. I held out on buying KotCS on Blu-Ray until they all came out in a Blue-Ray box set.

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:
That's what I am wanting. I held out on buying KotCS on Blu-Ray until they all came out in a Blue-Ray box set.

I imagine it won't be far behind the initial trilogy release, if not simultaneous.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
Play.com is advertizing a pre-order for "Indiana Jones: The Original Trilogy (Blu-ray)".

Makes sense as you don't have to buy another copy of KOTCS.

Also a mark of respect to keep #4 a separate entity! (But that won't last long, as there'll obviously be a complete four-movie release at some point).

The trailer for the blu-ray features KOTCS in it. I think that the folks over at play.com just don't have their facts in order. If they (of all sources) had the scoop on something like this, they would have at least filled in the product details, don't you think?

The Drifter

You know, if they do release all four in a Blu-Ray boxset, I will have three different sets. The first dvd boxset, the second one, and then the Blu-ray ones. My wife may kill me...

Indy's brother

The Drifter said:
You know, if they do release all four in a Blu-Ray boxset, I will have three different sets. The first dvd boxset, the second one, and then the Blu-ray ones. My wife may kill me...

Tell her that I consider this kind of a "Must Have" for an Indy fan. Period. This isn't an action figure, prop replica, or costume. The films are the very genesis of your fandom, and the rest is just, well, the rest. You have every right to view these films as they were intended to be seen. Period. :hat: