Which do you prefer?

• Playstation 3

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • X Box 360

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters

RaideroftheArk

mobollux2 said:
though wii and The Force Unleashed will be every star wars geeks dream as you get to use the wiimote as a lightsaber. can you imagine the fun of whipping in staff of kings with a wiimote

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Wii control is not going to be what everyone thinks it will be for the Force Unleashed. Example...Wii Mortal Kombat had some awkward controls...you would think that throwing Scorpion's spear would be fun, but it was a simple motion of moving your wrist left than right.

mobollux2

RaideroftheArk said:
The only thing I'm worried about is that the Wii control is not going to be what everyone thinks it will be for the Force Unleashed. Example...Wii Mortal Kombat had some awkward controls...you would think that throwing Scorpion's spear would be fun, but it was a simple motion of moving your wrist left than right.

supposedly it reads 5 different movements: left right up down and thrust

jason10mm

I have both (or all three if you count the Wii) and prefer the 360. The controller is better, acheivements are cool, multiplayer/downloadable content support is in general better on the 360, and quite frankly, no game looks any better. Multi-disc games do not bother me and now that you can copy them to the 360 hard drive (or will be able to soon) it is really a non issue. The PS3 is fine though, and if it is a cross-platform game then you will really have to wait and see which one is better coded or has DLC.

But the PS3 lets you play Uncharted, which is basically an Indy game without the whip :p

ILoooooveCamels

The 360 has its strengths (the strong, established online structure, the broad user base that'll ensure longevity), but after hearing so many first-hand accounts from people who've gone through three or more of them, choosing the PS3 was easy for me. I just wish I hadn't gotten the 30G model -- if only I'd waited six months I could've gotten a backwards-compatible 80 in the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle for just a bit more!

Ska

I bought the 40GB PS3 last Thanksgiving and LOVE it so far. I also wish I would have shelled out the money for the backwards compatible 80GB...not for the storage space, but to play PS2 games. Oh well, I guess that's what my PS2 is for.

I've never played an XBox...so I can't compare the two. But the ring o' death sounds like a virus I don't want to catch.

I'll stick with Sony in the future.

TREN KROM

Nintendo Wii.
But if I had to choose between the two, PS3. It's games are more to my tastes, it's online is free, and it doesn't have a 30% percent chance of breaking. I also like the Blue-ray (Much better than HD Dvd) and other stuff.
Although I would still be happy with an X-box, since they come equal in features. I just don't like the fact that X-box can overheat.

TREN KROM

Shortie said:
Depends do you like online play? Then 360 is for you. Though you have to pay it's worth it. I played PSN at my friend's house (who has all 3 systems & prefers 360) & PSN sucks compared to 360. Too many quitters with no penalty (rank going down, etc...).

The only reason I could see myself getting a 360 is for Blu-Ray (which the next Xbox will get) , MGS4 (Which could be like FF & be ported), Uncharted & Little Big Planet.

Also, I'm not an Xbox fanboy. I had a PS1, N64 & PS2 & loved them. But 360 has more to offer(better exclusive games & online play) than PS3.
I don't the new X-box will have Blue-ray, because Sony is the one who Makes and owns Blue-ray.

No Ticket

TREN KROM said:
I don't the new X-box will have Blue-ray, because Sony is the one who Makes and owns Blue-ray.

Oh probably not the 360, but if they make another Xbox (there has been talk that Microsoft might not make another console after this one)... it might. Sony owns Blu-Ray, but the whole point of winning the "war" was to make money. If Sony owns Blu-Ray they'll get $$$ for whatever company uses/manufactures Blu-Ray. If Blu-Ray became more popular than DVD by then, Microsoft would have to offer that or risk seeming like it lacks a necessary feature. Sony would make some extra cash and Microsoft would sell it's consoles better.

Sony makes Blu-Ray players but so do other companies, as a prime example of what I mean.

Shortie

At E3 they said the next will have Blu-Ray & they're already working on the next one with game studios already working on games for it. They said it'll probably come out in 2010.

Why would they end the Xbox with this? They're still out-selling PS3 & XBL is way better than PSN. Free doesn't mean it's better.

muttjones

indyclone25 said:
yeah but i heard a report on the news that the wii was the most popular system this year --- but ias you said nintendo has nothing for it it won't be popular --- i wish wii had soul calibur 4
the wii got the most popular console award because everyone but the boy toyers has one so that is girls, parents and even a few grandparents

personally i dont like the wii and i couldnt care for much else at the moment but my PS3 cos i just got the internet working on it and it is MAD FUN

TREN KROM

Shortie said:
At E3 they said the next will have Blu-Ray & they're already working on the next one with game studios already working on games for it. They said it'll probably come out in 2010.

Why would they end the Xbox with this? They're still out-selling PS3 & XBL is way better than PSN. Free doesn't mean it's better.
Ah, I see. I guess they have to now that HD DVD has been discontinued.

No Ticket

Shortie said:

Because Microsoft never actually made profit off the selling of the console itself. They have continually LOST money manufacturing the Xbox and 360. About a year or so ago there was real questioning whether or not they would continue but I'm assuming Live and software titles must even it out enough to make it worthwhile.

Sony loses money on PS3 too. The only company who makes a profit off their console is Nintendo. Because the cost to manufacture the Wii is less than what they sell it for, so they profit a little off every console instead of taking a loss.

The strategy for Microsoft and Sony is to take a hit on the console but make up for it in software and peripheral sales.

Vance

Actually, the PS3 is now in the black, and has been for a few months. (Most of PS3's cost wasn't operational cost, but initial gearing up and development, and that's now paid off.) X360 is the only major console still losing money on a per-sale basis.

The real problem for the PS3 is.. well.. the guys who run Sony of America, who are perhaps the most incompetent buch of management any game company has ever had. And, as a 'retired' game programmer, I can tell you that that's saying a LOT.

michael

So I ended up buying a ps3! I was definitely leaning towards the ps3 for a while...I just can't stand the idea of paying monthly for an xbox live account. Thanks for all the replies, it definitely helped.

michael

For those that choose to use the wireless internet connection for their ps3, what is your connection %?

Skipper

Here's my concern with the PS3: If I use it a lot to play movies, will it cause the system to wear down faster and make it more likely to break in a few years?

Raider S

Skipper said:
Here's my concern with the PS3: If I use it a lot to play movies, will it cause the system to wear down faster and make it more likely to break in a few years?

In a few years you will most likely be getting a new console anyway so I wouldn't sweat it. I'd worry more about a few months from now.

Why not pick up a super cheap DVD player to take the strain off the PS3? Probably find one for $25 at Wal-Mart.

Skipper

Raider S said:
In a few years you will most likely be getting a new console anyway so I wouldn't sweat it. I'd worry more about a few months from now.

Why not pick up a super cheap DVD player to take the strain off the PS3? Probably find one for $25 at Wal-Mart.
Well, I'm thinking more along the lines of using the PS3 to play Blu-Ray discs.