Disney eyeing Chris Pratt

Glenville86

I am a minority on this but think they should not be trying to recast someone to be a Ford clone. Actors are paid to act which is to assume a character given to them on a script for a non-historical person. They audition for the role and usually the best one to nail it gets the part. Harrison Ford was the number 2 pick. He did a good job and made the character his own but was still portraying a fictional character based off a script. Any good actor worth his salt can become whatever the script and director wants. That is what good actors get paid to do. They will of course bring something of themselves to the character.

IndyForever said:
One upside to Jurassic World being financially successful is Pratt will never wear the Fedora now (thankfully). Universal have him locked into multiple sequels so he will not be chosen as having the same actor associated with 3 franchises will be confusing to the audience :p

I think you Pratt apologists should crowd fund your own indie amateur production Indy movie if you want him that much as its the closest you will ever get to having your wet movie dream realised now :gun:

Yes very perceptive. they want a great relative
unknown not the jurassic world guardians, ***. I'm just saying it but compare Pratts woody unimpressive acting to HARRison Ford in Raiders. Do you really think he's good enough??

IndyForever

Túrin Turambar said:
Yes very perceptive. they want a great relative
unknown not the jurassic world guardians, ***. I'm just saying it but compare Pratts woody unimpressive acting to HARRison Ford in Raiders. Do you really think he's good enough??
Personally I do not think Pratt is credible as an actor & lacks the charisma for Indy.

Ford IS Indy anyone else is Indy's half-brother or son/step son ;)

JayDee

I would cast an unknown actor, if any. Someone who would be a far more better heir to Ford than Pratt (which is already impossible: Ford is Jones).

Duaner

Indy1Jones2 said:
If not Pratt who would you cast.

I have no problem with Pratt as Indy. "Jurassic World" kind of helped sway my opinion back in his favor, but this link from a few months ago offers other options:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/gallery-7-actors-indiana-jones-instead-chris-pratt/

I think Karl Urban has all the qualities it takes to play Indy, but I think his age (43) would be a factor. Anton Yelchin could be a fine choice as well, but not my top. Garret Hedlund would win my vote from the above choices. I don't much care for their other options.

Also don't forget, prior to the Pratt rumor, there was a brief rumor surrounding Robert Pattinson as Indy!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'd love to see an oral history about the original Indiana Jones casting process; it might provide some useful insights. Maybe Clickhole could put one together.

I can see it now...

Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones): Yes. I am Ford. I read the script of Indiana Jones. I knew that I wanted to be the main star. The secret man who robs graves. I loved him. I called George Lucas and I told him, ?I love this script. I love the main star. Ford must be Jones. It has to be Ford.?

Wow amazing.

Find it hard to believe a lot of people think Pratt is up to the job. Like said before only kid I know that's maybe capable is that Anthony ingruba guy on YouTube. Talented and reminds me of a young ford.

I'd hate to see Pratt as Indy I'd scratch my eyes out.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Don't be surprised if Disney recasts our perceptions completely by lining up some younger star talent to reboot the franchise. Some actors along the lines of:

463747354-actor-william-moseley-arrives-at-the-vanity-gettyimages.jpg

William Moseley

1331479702_max-thieriot_2.jpg

Max Thieriot

Lambonius

Túrin Turambar said:
Wow amazing.

Find it hard to believe a lot of people think Pratt is up to the job. Like said before only kid I know that's maybe capable is that Anthony ingruba guy on YouTube. Talented and reminds me of a young ford.

I'd hate to see Pratt as Indy I'd scratch my eyes out.

You want someone who is going to do a Harrison Ford impression. That's never going to happen. Disney would never cast an actor based on that criteria. Good at impressions =/= good at acting.

foreignerfred

Lambonius said:
You want someone who is going to do a Harrison Ford impression. That's never going to happen. Any actor worth his salt is better than that. Disney would never cast an actor based on that criteria. Good at impressions =/= good at acting.

I think there's some buzz to Pratt playing Indy, because he exudes something of the look and attitude of Indiana Jones WITHOUT being a Harrison Ford impersonator.

He's just enough of the Indy we know, while simultaneously bringing new possibilities for what Indy COULD BE.

(And of course Twilight Guy was neither of those. Sorry, international gossip sites.)

Lambonius

foreignerfred said:
I think there's some buzz to Pratt playing Indy, because he exudes something of the look and attitude of Indiana Jones WITHOUT being a Harrison Ford impersonator.

He's just enough of the Indy we know, while simultaneously bringing new possibilities for what Indy COULD BE.

Totally agree. :)

Glenville86

They will recast the character and not recast who looks, sounds, and is close to the Harrison Ford Indy. Ford was working off the script and what the director wanted from him for the character. Ford is an actor who was the first Indy for the franchise. Any actors who fill that role in the future will be compared to Ford as he was the first one. They might cast someone who actually does a better job or at least has a better script.

I can see where some folks are coming from. I liked James Bond when Sean Connery played the role. Did not like the other ones as much but the franchise moved forward and is still successful.