General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

micsteam

My two cents. Although I feel the last several posts are a little off topic as they need to belong in the KOTCS thread I'm chiming in. This is my opinion and you can feel free to disagree ! I think Disney is holding out on any commitment to Indy until they see how the new Star Wars movie (sequel Ep. VII) is received/does ($$money), both the series (in Disney's hands) and how people receive an older Solo/Ford. I think secretly they(Disney) are eyeing JJ Abrams and a possible Kasdan script/collaboration for an Indy venture and I think they'd like Ford (depending, afore mentioned). If Ford is buyable as playing Solo in the new SW it's a lock, I think. I am not arguing with anybody's POV/opinions here with other suggested actors, leave well enough alone (no more sequels etc.), etc. but if there's a character between Solo and Indy that can grow old and be viable/buyable it's Jones !! I don't think I have to explain why, look at the two characters and (we, you all know the history) whom can get older and continue what they do .. ?? I hate to say this to the nay sayers but... there most certainly will be .. undoubtedly ... another Indiana Jones movie if not another series. Disney acquiring Lucasfilm was a business move done by corporations and although we'd like to think that Disney is Peter Pan and all the fluff of cartoons and characters it was done to make money !!!( I'd like to think fluff as I'm huge Disney fan but I'm also a New Yorker and I know BS when I see it !!).They will certainly milk the cash cow of the Indiana Jones series :)hat: to Stoo .. won't say franchise !!) how they do and when they do, I feel, hangs on the success of the new SW sequel. MHO

micsteam

In response to an earlier statement I made about absolute #$@! about Ford, let me say this.... I said what I said in my statement as I did not have time (I was working on a very large project) to go into the subject further. It was implied that Mr. Ford was/is an alcoholic with the references and pics of him serving alcohol (those pics were at fund raisers that, mostly, his wife put together) and his recent accidents, ie. the ramp door of the Millenium Falcon falling on his leg and his flying accident, and that he should just hang up the hat/forget playing Indy, flying, etc. I don't know if that was said in jest/sarcasm or what have you but I have to ask ... are you people really Indiana Jones fans ??? Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones, if they get someone else to portray Indy it will be on the grounds that they seem like/look like Ford (not to take away from those that think it should be like Bond, although I could go into the Bond thing further on it's own grounds). My Grandfather served in WWII in, then, the Army Air Force/Corps (US Air Force today) and they trained on/in the aircraft that Ford crashed in, it is not an easy aircraft to fly (if you know the lingo .. there are no hydraulic or electrically assisted control surfaces on that aircraft.. ie. you better no what the #$@! you're doing in lamens terms 'cause it's all manual !!) he lost power from his engine leaving the airport and avoided crashing into civilian population and controlled the aircraft to the golf course he ended up in, he could've bailed out .. he could've ditched but he put himself in harms way and made sure he didn't leave that plane in someone's house, a parkway/highway, etc where lives would've been endangered. This guy IS Indiana Jones, if he never plays the character again he will always BE, and guess what ?? .. no one will live up to him. Name one actor in Hollywood today that can take the punishment he took in just the last year and tell me they deserve to be Indiana Jones ??? All I can say is that those, if it wasn't meant in jest/sarcasm (then I apologize), that said Ford's an alcoholic are just plain as$%#@*s and don't know the facts (or just trying to be disruptive for their own entertainment) !!!

micsteam

Now, getting back to the KOTCS off topic thing, I'll say this. The blueprint to making this series a hit is in the original movie.. Raiders.. they had a time schedule, they deliberated certain aspects to other, my opinion, very qualified directing and production (ie Michael Moore), and they went on LOCATION .. LOCATION something we missed in the last movie and it was quite obvious, amongst other things like useless characters, monkeys, and so on. The movie could've been great but, I feel, a half hearted effort by Spielberg (he did this to see and work with his friends and appease fans but didn't put half the heart he did in the first movie) and a questionable story with Lucas, it was done as a reunion for the cast for them all to work together again and a fan appreciation. My opinion... ? I liked Ford in the hat again ( his acting was fine), they included some great character actors in Hurt and Winstone but were unnecessary, had a lot of great aspects but I think had shown the cobbled together script of too many people with ideas that just didn't fathom out well. Now I'll shut up !! LOL !! :hat:

Pale Horse

Staff member
micsteam said:
In response to an earlier statement I made about absolute #$@! about Ford, let me say this.... I said what I said in my statement as I did not have time (I was working on a very large project) to go into the subject further. It was implied that Mr. Ford was/is an alcoholic with the references and pics of him serving alcohol (those pics were at fund raisers that, mostly, his wife put together) and his recent accidents, ie. the ramp door of the Millenium Falcon falling on his leg and his flying accident, and that he should just hang up the hat/forget playing Indy, flying, etc. I don't know if that was said in jest/sarcasm or what have you but I have to ask ... are you people really Indiana Jones fans ??? Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones, if they get someone else to portray Indy it will be on the grounds that they seem like/look like Ford (not to take away from those that think it should be like Bond, although I could go into the Bond thing further on it's own grounds). My Grandfather served in WWII in, then, the Army Air Force/Corps (US Air Force today) and they trained on/in the aircraft that Ford crashed in, it is not an easy aircraft to fly (if you know the lingo .. there are no hydraulic or electrically assisted control surfaces on that aircraft.. ie. you better no what the #$@! you're doing in lamens terms 'cause it's all manual !!) he lost power from his engine leaving the airport and avoided crashing into civilian population and controlled the aircraft to the golf course he ended up in, he could've bailed out .. he could've ditched but he put himself in harms way and made sure he didn't leave that plane in someone's house, a parkway/highway, etc where lives would've been endangered. This guy IS Indiana Jones, if he never plays the character again he will always BE, and guess what ?? .. no one will live up to him. Name one actor in Hollywood today that can take the punishment he took in just the last year and tell me they deserve to be Indiana Jones ??? All I can say is that those, if it wasn't meant in jest/sarcasm (then I apologize), that said Ford's an alcoholic are just plain as$%#@*s and don't know the facts (or just trying to be disruptive for their own entertainment) !!!

Nice Rant, but you're way outta line.

And while his feat at landing that plane is indeed noteworthy, it doesn't negate the biggest non-secret in Hollywood. Harrison on blitzed on Conan, Harrison gassed on Letterman, nodding off while promoting Firewall, arrested in Multnomah Oregon for alleged alcohol violations, drinking at the 2002 Golden Globes...the list goes on and on. Don't forget THIS and THIS, too.

ford-drunk.jpg

We'll leave this here ... FOR NOW... as we all make blunders from time to time. As to the rest of you, don't provoke mic right now. Let him sleep it off.

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE

RE: Micsteam

agree,agree,agree sometimes i wonder if people on here just see it as 'Indiana Jones the franchise' regardless of who's in the role,i would not watch another actor in place of Harrison,and im sure countless of others would not either.sure the film if it's made with Pratt will do big box office,but i won't be going to see it.

Udvarnoky

Lambonius said:
I assume you're talking about Fate of Atlantis. If so, you shouldn't discount Infernal Machine.

Nor the predecessor to Fate of Atlantis, the Last Crusade adventure game. Nor Greatest Adventures for the SNES.

Don't get me wrong, Indiana Jones hasn't been nearly as well exploited as he should have been in the game space, but there are a handful of good ones. Fate of Atlantis is so good, though, it's better than the actual film sequels.

micsteam

Maybe you're right Pale Horse, although I read the papers and surf the internet never saw this stuff, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Isn't this called The Raider so we/fans can come together to celebrate/talk Indiana Jones ?? So, can I ask, why tear down this guy ?? He made Indiana Jones, yes I know Tom Selleck was supposed, what gives with the tear down ?? OK, even still, I'm a bigger alcoholic and I'm not !! My AA meeting told me !! LOL !! :hat:

By the way, I don't trust a guy that doesn't drink (or have a vise) it usually means they have some weird sick crap in the closet !! Oh, again MHO !! :hat:

Last edited by a moderator:

micsteam

Pale Horse, don't worry I've slept it off. You're right I shouldn't have said that there weren't instances where Mr. Ford imbibed, saying certain members here were full of $%#&, I'll give you that, if anything I apologize to you on facts ( just you). But, don't tell me that the implication was not that because of recent incidents, ie. crash landing and issue filming SW, was why certain members were bringing up that Mr. Ford was drunk !!! They implicated he was drinking while flying !!! OH yes and then hinted, if not outright, said he's an alcoholic !! There is my argument. Then again, I am sorry, are you or the members ( making these statements), clergy ?? Or possibly of another religious faction ?? I do not wish to offend your religious preferences or abstinence or those you defend but I find it quite hard to believe that all those I make difference with don't take a drink or some other form that they are PURE !!?? ;)

A video tribute to Lucille Ball and 2002 Golden Globes are your other examples ?? REALLY ??? Absolute Crap !!!! AGAIN CRAP !!! Keep it up !!(n)

Last edited by a moderator:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
micsteam said:
if anything I apologize to you on facts ( just you).
[...]
A video tribute to Lucille Ball and 2002 Golden Globes are your other examples ?? REALLY ??? Absolute Crap !!!! AGAIN CRAP !!! Keep it up !!(n)

If that's an apology, I wonder what I'm going to get for my Grey Goose joke, which, like most of the talk about Ford's recreational habits, wasn't even in this thread.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Terminator 5 was rightly ignored for story reasons, it was the equivalent of Ford traveling back in time to kill Belloq, then whisking a young Marion away to 1960. The timeline is rewritable so there are no stakes. Like Terminator 4, it was arrogantly proclaimed the first of a new trilogy. I think their failure actually helps make the case for a film in which the protagonist's fate is uncertain.

Le Saboteur

Raiders112390 said:
As for calling people who are fans of Ford "fetishists"....

Snipped to save the lives of defenseless electrons everywhere.

You started off so well. And then promptly turned around and imbued Ford and The Beards(!) with powers they do not posses. It's all rather amazing.

Pale Horse said:
Spit-balling here. What if the Ark found at Tanis, wasn't the Ark? History more accurately shows it either destroyed by the Romans in 77 A.D. or taken by the Babylonians around 580-590 BCE.

tumblr_mrfsv16nHB1rnewcso4_500.gif

It's a big world. Pick. Something. Different.

I don't know how anybody gets by with a laptop. I've accidentally closed this window five times now thanks to this track pad.

I think with today's technology they could probably CGI Ford in most of the scenes use his voice, set it in the 40's then have Harrison Ford in half of the film as he is now. Rather then get a younger substandard actor for the role like Titboy.

Lambonius

Túrin Turambar said:
I think with today's technology they could probably CGI Ford in most of the scenes use his voice, set it in the 40's then have Harrison Ford in half of the film as he is now. Rather then get a younger substandard actor for the role like Titboy.

I can't even begin to describe all the reasons I disagree with this statement.

I'll just say this: The solution to overuse of CGI in the previous film is not to CGI the MAIN CHARACTER'S FACE for the entire 5th movie. Jesus Christ.

Indy1Jones2

Túrin Turambar said:

Like they did with Jeff bridges in tron legacy.