Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
Cheers Montana. Any snow round your way yet ? We got a light dusting here in Devon overnight - but our proximity to the South West coast usually keeps it at bay. Still cold though !

Yes, we've had quite a bit of snow on and off, but it's only about an inch thick now. It turned sleety earlier today, which helped to get rid of some of what had already fallen.

We have an outside temperature gauge, which is sheltered somewhat by being in the open wood store, which went down to -8.4C a couple of nights ago. Our hot water pipes were frozen until midday following. I heard that around 30-40 miles west it went down to -18C.

For a lot of members around the world this is probably just a walk in the park, but for us Brits it's like the end of the world!

inky_skin

Montana Smith said:
For a lot of members around the world this is probably just a walk in the park, but for us Brits it's like the end of the world!

It's all relative ;) Those in locations used to snow probably don't give it a second thought. But as you said, give us a sprinkling and it's the snow-pocalypse !

Last edited:

Stoo

Tell me about it! About 2 years ago (4th Feb. 2009), I was stuck in Scotland the day I was meant to fly out because of the worst snowstorm they'd had in 18 years! A couple of inches of snow paralyzed most of the southeastern U.K.! Waited in the airport for 10 hrs. before being told the flight was cancelled and had to stay an extra few days. The radio & TV were reporting schools closed, buses routes not running in London, etc. all due to a mere SPRINKLING of snow.:eek:

Pussies!:p:whip:

It's still a crying shame that the original Indy got lost but I like what you wrote about him having to burn the diary to stay warm.:D Nice photos, Inky, especially this one:
inky_skin said:
hat-1.jpg

Le Saboteur

inky_skin said:
hat-1.jpg

Indiana Jones - buried alive ?!

Nice pictures inky. Very nice. Glad to see that Indy is a bit more user friendly!

If you're still taking applications, I would like to have Indy visit again.

Montana Smith

inky_skin said:
Busy working at finding a new job. This project will be getting an update towards the end of January.

Sorry to hear you're not settled yet, so good luck on that front, inky.

Don't worry about mini-Indy, I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting for his next trip. Just sort out the important stuff first!

:hat:

Stoo

inky_skin said:
Busy working at finding a new job. This project will be getting an update towards the end of January.
Seeing as winter will be winding down by the time mini-Indy hits the road again, perhaps it might be more fitting if he ditches the beard and scarf? Just a thought...

Good luck in the job hunt, guv'na.:hat:

Happy Day

YES! Stopped in to get my mail and what do I see? Indy's back!

I can't tell you how psyched I am! What a load off!

I offered a reward to anyone in the mail room to find him and posted the return address...and the package was found. A bit bruised and battered but he's all here.

"SIGH"

Where shall I send him?

Stoo

Holy Smokes!

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! WOW! What FANTASTIC news!!!!!(y)

How much was the reward, Rocket? Nice going on your part. Hats off.:hat:

This was how the remainder of the U.S. leg was scheduled before Indy took a trip into The Twilight Zone:

11 - USA: Orlando (theinterchange)
12 - USA: Indianapolis (bonoferox)
13 - USA: Culver City (Lance Quazar)
14 - USA: LA / SoCal (Pale Horse)
15 - USA: San Francisco (NickTurner)
16 - USA: San Francisco (InexorableTash)
17 - USA: San Francisco / New Orleans (Le Saboteur)

Last edited:
Stoo said:
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! WOW! What FANTASTIC news!!!!!(y)

How much was the reward, Rocket? Nice going on your part. Hats off.:hat:

This was how the remainder of the U.S. leg was scheduled before Indy took a trip into The Twilight Zone:

11 - USA: Orlando (theinterchange)
12 - USA: Indianapolis (bonoferox)
13 - USA: Culver City (Lance Quazar)
14 - USA: LA / SoCal (Pale Horse)
15 - USA: San Francisco (NickTurner)
16 - USA: San Francisco (InexorableTash)
17 - USA: San Francisco / New Orleans (Le Saboteur)

I would cringe everytime this damned thread would pop up, I had to try something! At first it was lunch for the mailroom, (pizza or something) but it didn't yield. So when I thought it looked hopeless, (the mail room is a pit!) I upped it to $50 for the individual who found it.

Took a month after that.:hat:

I'll be glad when it's over and property of another custodian.

Stoo

The $50 reward is very noble of you, Rocket. I'm wondering if the package was sent & returned or if it ever left the mail room at all. It's been almost 6 months!

Inky Skin is going to be THRILLED!(y)

As for: 11 - USA: Orlando (theinterchange)
It was decided to scratch him off the list since he didn't seem to be reliable due to the fact that he has only posted at The Raven 2 times and his failure to get in contact with you so Bonoferox in Indianapolis is probably next.

Inky (or Lance) will have the final say on that.

Stoo said:
The $50 reward is very noble of you, Rocket. I'm wondering if the package was sent & returned or if it ever left the mail room at all. It's been almost 6 months!
I just want this thing out of here ASAP! I'm sorry for all the grief and missed opportunities, but maybe a trip to Montreal for The Adventure of Archeology?

Stoo said:
Inky Skin is going to be THRILLED!(y)

As for: 11 - USA: Orlando (theinterchange)
It was decided to scratch him off the list since he didn't seem to be reliable due to the fact that he has only posted at The Raven 2 times and his failure to get in contact with you so Bonoferox in Indianapolis is probably next.

Inky (or Lance) will have the final say on that.

I agree with one of your earlier posts regarding regular posters here...while nothing is guaranteed, it would be wise.

Harvey wanted in and is still around!:)

Laird has been Globe Trotting as of late...

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:

True. Memphis is awaiting the return of the great adventurer. :whip:

Antarctica would have been sweet.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
...but maybe a trip to Montreal for The Adventure of Archeology?
Ooh, now that's enticing! When Indy was in Montreal last May, several photos at the Old Port are right on the grounds of the venue!
Rocket Surgeon said:
In my opinion, Harvey should have a go but Lance said the list was closed and he's in charge while Inky is preoccupied with more important things. We need to hear back from everybody and see if they're still willing to take part. (See: post #242 for the last roster.)
Rocket Surgeon said:
Mini-Indy in Antarctica!(y)

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I would cringe everytime this damned thread would pop up, I had to try something! At first it was lunch for the mailroom, (pizza or something) but it didn't yield. So when I thought it looked hopeless, (the mail room is a pit!) I upped it to $50 for the individual who found it.

Took a month after that.:hat:

I'll be glad when it's over and property of another custodian.

Amazing and unexpected news!

So the post office were holding Indy ransom? :eek:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Note to self:

When Indy does make it to L.A....say he never got here and hold onto him until R.S. and the fellow Raveners pony up a profit.

Let's see...Disney's (Temple of the Forbidden Eye) for a two-day pass is $99.00, plus parking @ $14.00, plus food, lodging, gas, and the requisite souvenirs ...

Starting Ransom will be about $350.00.... :whip: :p