Your Confessions.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Be better if they strung each other up and, I dunno, disemboweled each other? ;) (My God, I hate the smilies...)

I don't know - at first I just admired the piece because of the poetry of the language and what opportunities it offers strong male actors, but now that I'm delving into it more, reading more about Mamet and things he has said, I think it really has a lot to say about the decay of the American dream and other things that sound fluffy when put into words but are, in fact, deadly serious.

Oh, and it's <I>Glengarry Glen Ross</I>, by David Mamet, for the sake of the uninitiated.

Attila the Professor said:
Be better if they strung each other up and, I dunno, disemboweled each other? ;) (My God, I hate the smilies...)

I don't know - at first I just admired the piece because of the poetry of the language and what opportunities it offers strong male actors, but now that I'm delving into it more, reading more about Mamet and things he has said, I think it really has a lot to say about the decay of the American dream and other things that sound fluffy when put into words but are, in fact, deadly serious.

Oh, and it's <I>Glengarry Glen Ross</I>, by David Mamet, for the sake of the uninitiated.

Yeah, I sorta prefer American Buffalo... but again, Mamet just leaves me cold all-in-all...

deckard24

As you all know, first prize is a Cadilac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second Prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired!

LMAO

Alec Baldwin is just too much in that movie! He channelled some of it in The Departed, but nothing tops his performance as supreme a**hole in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Iandiana

Ben Affleck in Boiler Room.

"They say money can't buy happiness? Well look at my smile! Ear to ear baby!"

He channeled Baldwin.

My confession is I love Affleck movies.

Indy_Chic

My confession is...I love Shia. I love, love, love, LOVE him! What a cutie pie!:eek: (sarah navarro knows what I mean! :D)

The_Raiders

Well as far as confessions go I have a phobia of throwing up. I can't stand it. I'd almost do anything else than throw up. Weird huh? And I am ver impatiant and I know I shouldn't be.

sarah navarro

Indy_Chic said:
My confession is...I love Shia. I love, love, love, LOVE him! What a cutie pie!:eek: (sarah navarro knows what I mean! :D)
YAH!! i know what you mean,Shia is the BOMB(i havent heard anyone say that since the 90's)I confess that Indy Chic has good taste:D

Indy_Chic

sarah navarro said:
YAH!! i know what you mean,Shia is the BOMB(i havent heard anyone say that since the 90's)I confess that Indy Chic has good taste:D

I confess that sarah has good taste too! And I also confess I love the saying 'the BOMB'. :cool: I haven't heard that saying in ages!

Indy_Chic

Deckard said:
I confess, I'm ****ing Ben Affleck.

And that Indy Chic has good taste. Or tastes good.

LOL! :D

I confess that I have way too many "Hunky Harry" and "Shia LaHottie" pictures saved on my computer. :eek:

Indy_Chic

sarah navarro said:
Yeah me too i confess every picture saved on my computer is Indy related:p

Yeah, I confess that everytime a new picture about KOTCS is released I automatically save it!

Wow! This thread has really grown! It seems we all have so many confessions this thread is fun to read!:cool:

The_Raiders

I confess me and my cousins made the crapiest Indiana Jones movie ever. We are gonna re-do it this summer. We made the bigining of ours this winter outside, so it wasn't very cool seeing myself on TV dressed as Indy waddling around like a penguin! :D

I hate kids. A lot.

Not really a confession since it's hardly anything I'm ashamed of. Just thought I'd put it on the table...

Adolescents annoy me to no end.

Gear

I understand you completely R.A.

Even when I was a little kid I didn't like 'em, except my friends of coarse-and girls, but, well, not a kid person.

I even think that most people my age are stupid-girls have an exception. ;)

metalinvader

ResidentAlien said:
I hate kids. A lot.

Not really a confession since it's hardly anything I'm ashamed of. Just thought I'd put it on the table...

When the new movie comes out,This board is going to be swamped with them....:p

*shrudders*

No Ticket

ResidentAlien said:
I hate kids. A lot.

I don't hate kids. But I'm pretty sure the only kids I'll really like are my own... if I actually ever have any. lol.