New Article on INDY 4

intergamer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=1444

It says that some stunts will be done digitally.

Heres a thought. They shouldn't have told us that it will be digital - the B-movie appeal comes from us thinking that its all truly adventure, because its all truly done. How many people wouldn't really notice if you didn't already know that a lot of it was digital?

In episode II, a lot of things are digital, but we aren't told, and they look great (we can't tell the difference). I bet that if they said "its all real" and released the movie, we would love it. The same stunts, but with the knowledge that its digital, we would enjoy less.

monkey

I think there has been too much worrying about how much 'CGI' will be used in the Indy IV movie.

If you've got the technology, then use it. And you're right, if you don't know, then it doesn't really matter.

I believe that it's just fine to use as much technology as you want to......as long as one very important factor is included in the equation: The human element.

Much like music. Many purists were dismayed when those "Evil" Electronic instruments started appearing, like electric guitars for example. How can you make music with electronics?

then some folks like BB King, Eric Clapton, Jimmi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and countless others showed that as long as you have the human artistry behind it, you can use all the technology you want to.

I think the same can be said for film making. As long as the actors, directors, etc. put their artistry into the product, then use all the technology that's available.

There was a time when some purists didn't like the idea of movies made in color. There was a time before that when people scoffed at the idea that a 'motion picture' could compete with the Theater.

Time marches on, and so does technology, and neither waits for anybody. Purists are often left behind.

Venture

I think, my simian friend, that the concern stems from Lucas' "totally digital" approach to the Star Wars prequels. For a completely fantastic tale such as Star Wars, that works well, but anyone would have to admit that it could mess up the "serial flick" feel that makes Indy movies Indy movies.