Emperor's Tomb

Katarn07

I never have had a problem in Indy on the XBOX. There are some camera issues when I get into a tight spot, but that's the game's engine's fault, not the XBOX. Of course the PC's graphics are better if you have the right card, but most people don't have that great of a machine if they're a casual gamer (I need a new video card and I'll be set to run whatever game is out there with this new PC of mine!)

The only time my XBOX has actually frozen was when I had been playing Knights of the Old Republic for 12 hours straight and hadn't saved it too often. Yeah, I was pissed to put it mildly :p

gavinpape

Infernal Machine was more puzzle/action... Emperor's Tomb was more action/puzzle. They're all different, yet each one was/is fun. :cool:

So whats the difference between puzzle/action and action/puzzle?!?!..... :D

Finn

Staff member
It's which element is dominating in the game. In IM, the locations were large and it really was more about exploring/figuring out puzzles/finding a way forward, wheread in ET, the main point was action... simple, isn't it? ;)

gavinpape

Jesus christ.. 'ave a day off will ya :D.....
I was making a joke.... taking the ****... :D It's what us Brits do :D
I didn't really want it explaining to me..
hehe

Finn

Staff member
Damn... now that you told me you're a Brit I completely understand it all. Didn't check your location, took you as an American and the rest is... you know. You have to explain <i>everything</i> to them! :D

<small>No offense, Yanks, just having fun here!</small>

Matthew

can you go back levels to get missing artifacts without having to do everything else in the level (like fight guys)?

Finn

Staff member
I'm no expert on the culture and legends of the far east... so there might be some actual historical reference base on the chase, but I think the Pearl itself is more or less a creation of the story writer's imagination.

the hammer42

I just startet playing the emperor's tomb.
I'm not that far yet. I"m in the dungeon with the booby traps.
Up till now I think its a great game.

Finn

Staff member
Nah, there is actually just one. There are a couple of times you'll have to avoid a boulder, but you'll have to flee from one only once. (And our friend spoke of a "chase" here.) Of course, there are a couple of round stony Olmec heads you'll have to run away from, but they're not boulders.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
There is also the original one that blocks Indy's way back to the temple.

Indyologist

I just got an XBox system this weekend and played a little bit of Emperor's Tomb-- damn, what an awesome game! I just love it! Could we use this thread to give hints and for help to solve puzzles, too? I'm in the very beginning of the game. I just punched the lights out of the ivory hunters and I'm now in the "flooded" part of the temple. I see a doorway up above with 2 torches on either side of it, but I can't get up there to it! I've had Indy swimming around looking for some type of enterance and he's, um, pretty waterlogged. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get up there. Little help?

BTW, Indy looks like a geek when he's swimming. I also notice that his head "disappears" into the walls when swims. What an unfortunate glitch. It looks absolutely silly. Otherwise, Indy looks amazing! As you know, I'm an unashamed Indy drooler and I make Indy face me in a close up with the camera and I blew him kisses. "Hey, Indy baby, woo hoo!" :rolleyes: