For TRUE Indy fans!

Indy_Chic

ReggieSnake said:
That sequence was an exception. The age shrinker malfunctioned on Harrison that day so they had to use *censored* as a last resort.

Aha! Now that does make a lot of sense! ;)

Dr._Jones

HERE! HERE! iapplaud you for want ing to make an association and am carefully watching shia for any mistakes that will cost him:gun:. the shirts not bad. i would buy it.

NoCamels

Kingsley said:
seantitle.JPG
seantitle.JPG

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Thank you Kingsley! Sean Patrick Flanery is awesome!

So-called "TRUE INDY FANS" : If Mystery of the Blues Indy-played-by-Harrison-Ford is not cannon, how can Indy-played-by-not-Harrison-Ford-River-Phoenix be? And you can't discount the first section of your "new testament" as named above because after all, if you don't accept the whole movie, LC must not be canon. You can't pick and choose.

Last edited:

Iandiana

Would a TRUE fan confess they live in GERMANY!? Ah Thread starter I see your plan now. You want us to fight amongst each other to destroy Doctor Jones once and for all.

And after all they put Indy through!

NON CANON!

Adamwankenobi

NoCamels said:
So-called "TRUE INDY FANS" : If Mystery of the Blues Indy-played-by-Harrison-Ford is not cannon, how can Indy-played-by-not-Harrison-Ford-River-Phoenix be? And you can't discount the first section of your "new testament" as named above because after all, if you don't accept the whole movie, LC must not be canon. You can't pick and choose.

The IJTFA has spoken on canon. Any decisions made by the IJTFA cannot be questioned.

I think everyone will agree with me that Raiders is the TRUEST of TRUE canon, and things from the other films can be discounted per inaccuracies on the part of the filmmkaers. :whip:

Rayder

I love the shirt, but what would the point be in wearing it because most people only know that Indinana Jones is a movie, and problably never heard of Sean before because the choronicals where terrible or they were too young to know about them, and then you would have to explain the shirt to everyone who doesn't understand what it means (which would be a lot of people) and it would ruin the whole point of wearing the shirt.

Indy_Chic

Adamwankenobi said:
The IJTFA has spoken on canon. Any decisions made by the IJTFA cannot be questioned.

I think everyone will agree with me that Raiders is the TRUEST of TRUE canon, and things from the other films can be discounted per inaccuracies on the part of the filmmkaers. :whip:

Exactly! I'm with you there. :whip:

NoCamels

If your followers can't question you, that sounds to me like a dictatorship.

Questions lead to thought and discussion. Thought and discussion prevents stagnation into a rigid and forced dogma that becomes oppressive to the masses. If your idea can hold up to questioning, then it is strong and good. Dictators often disallow questioning because questions might make people realize there are better answers than the one they offer.

And sometimes the underdog needs a champion. :D

Kingsley

The Goal for every rigid association is to impose such complicated standards and rules that it becomes impossible not to break them...

So, we are in the good direction!

NoCamels

Kingsley said:
The Goal for every rigid association is to impose such complicated standards and rules that it becomes impossible not to break them...

If the rules are so complicated that none of the members of the IJTFA can't keep them, does that mean they're not True Indy Fans?

In which case, does that mean there ARE NO true Indy fans?

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. ;) )

Paden

Question: What is the official IJTFA stance toward casual fans/Young Indiana Jones adherents/people who think Temple of Doom blows everything else Lucas ever created out of the water? Does the IJTFA seek to convert such individuals to their ranks? Are IJTFA members expected to proselytize? Or are such folk relegated to the status of "lost causes", fit only to be wiped off the face of the earth? Just curious. :)