Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

ChromiumBlue37

Hate to say it, but I really hope these are NOT on vintage type cards at all. Hopefully, Hasbro will utilize the 2008 branding campaign design for these so the new additions will fit seamlessly in with the collection they belong with.

I am just so DAMNED excited right now! YAY!!!!!! (y)

Lance Quazar

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Hate to say it, but I really hope these are NOT on vintage type cards at all. Hopefully, Hasbro will utilize the 2008 branding campaign design for these so the new additions will fit seamlessly in with the collection they belong with.

I am just so DAMNED excited right now! YAY!!!!!! (y)

There's no way these will be on vintage cards (which are UGLY, so thank god for that!)

glorbes

This is great news...but as a SDCC exclusive, they'll be prohibitively expensive on the secondary market. At least they are going to be released though.

I.M.J.

Lance Quazar said:
Crap. Now I have to go to Comic Con again....

I heard the show is sold out already based on presales from last year's attendees. How afwul is that?

But this is incredible news that I must confess I never thought I'd hear. The market in no way shape or form right now supports a move like this, so I think this is terrific!

I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this online without having to meet with the scalpers.

Lance Quazar

I.M.J. said:
I heard the show is sold out already based on presales from last year's attendees.

They can try to keep me away.

I.M.J. said:
I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this online without having to meet with the scalpers.

I'll also be scalping my extras.

:hat:

Montana Smith

I.M.J. said:

Both the online Forbidden Planets have exclusives from SDCC 2010 still listed for sale. I think there's always a large consignment reserved for non-attendees.

Nurhachi1991

Oh of course there releasing the wave after i get ***** sold out of comic con... again :mad: :mad:

Next year are they going to have self lacing Nikes and hoverboards?

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I.M.J.

Lance Quazar said:
I'll also be scalping my extras.

LOL! Well, I hear ya man. I've sold my share of stuff on the bay as well, and watching for activity on certain markets is a past time of mine. Either way, I'd like the cliche set-of-two for myself. :)

Montana Smith said:
Both the online Forbidden Planets have exclusives from SDCC 2010 still listed for sale. I think there's always a large consignment reserved for non-attendees.

Ya, good point. I've been picking SDCC Iron Man pieces up that way for years. I'm just saying that I anticipate more market activity on this particular set than I do for, say an SDCC Mighty Mugg or whatnot.

Billy Ray

They will more than likely be available from Hasbro Toy Shop, as well as other online vendors. I've gotten all of the Star Wars SDCC exclusives with no problems in the past.

Billy Ray

Cool Toy Review is reporting that the "new" Indy figure in this set (not Indy in German uniform) is a "kit-bashed "ultimate" figure with a lot of extra accessories". Not sure if this was info given at the show or not. No pics yet, they did post image of the five "lost" Raiders figures (the same ones from the old slide show) with Idol Indy as a place holder though:

Slide2.jpg

ChromiumBlue37

Surely hope that the "Lost Five" come with all of thier accessories. Torches, snakes and red-hot pokers. Hey! Toht is shown with his regular head. That is a GOOD sign!! :D

Getting pumped to include Satipo with the Spike and Idol traps and Marion for my Well of Souls Diorama.

Montana Smith

I.M.J. said:
I heard the show is sold out already based on presales from last year's attendees. How afwul is that?

indiana-sdcc.jpg

It?s Indiana Jones? greatest adventure yet- finding 2011 San Diego Comic Con passes. But this challenge may be even too impossible for our beloved courageous archeologist. Is there anyone that can find these dang tickets?!?!?

http://crazy4comiccon.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/raiders-of-the-lost-sdcc-passes/

The year that gives us a Hot Toys Indy is also the one to finally release the missing wave. Who'da thunk it?

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Cool Toy Review is reporting that the "new" Indy figure in this set (not Indy in German uniform) is a "kit-bashed "ultimate" figure with a lot of extra accessories".

Flippin' sweet.

Dare we speculate????

Sankara stones? Headpiece? The mind reels....

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
That WOULD be a pretty good macguffin.

Someone call Lucasfilm...

:)

When I wrote in the Where are pix of the Unproduced Raiders Wave? thread:

Smiffy said:
Even a limited release with a higher price-point aimed at collectors would be most welcome.

Just let us have those production figures, Hasbro!

...I was just thinking out loud. I never really expected it to happen. When I woke up this morning I was half-thinking I dreamt it.

Nurhachi1991

I could see Indy and Mutt trying to cop some tickets.....

Mutt:What language was that?

Indy:Klingon.... I served with Jean Luc Picard one of his guys spoke it

Mutt: Bull **** you flew with Picard??

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
:)

When I wrote in the Where are pix of the Unproduced Raiders Wave? thread:

...I was just thinking out loud. I never really expected it to happen. When I woke up this morning I was half-thinking I dreamt it.

I wrote on rebelscum a while back something to the effect of, "Well, I could see it [releasing the figures as a set] happening in 2011 for the 30th Anniversary, but if they don't release them then, they never will."

and here we are. Guess we're both geniuses.

:gun:

ChromiumBlue37

My guesses for the kit-bashed Indiana Jones figure with accessories would include some of the iconic treasure in the 3 3/4 scale to the figures -

Chachapoyan Idol
Staff of Ra
Urn of Nurhachi's Remains
Sankara Stones
Cross of Coranado
Holy Grail
Crystal Skull

Whip Coil
Whip Lashing
Gas Mask Bag
Pistol
Shovel
Head with hat
Head without Hat
Variety of Snakes

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I wrote on rebelscum a while back something to the effect of, "Well, I could see it [releasing the figures as a set] happening in 2011 for the 30th Anniversary, but if they don't release them then, they never will."

and here we are. Guess we're both geniuses.

:gun:

No, just you.

I'm just winging it. ;)