Is there enough demand for YIJ DVD's

bob

'allo

Apparently they are going to be pulling out all the stops when it comes to the YIJ DVD's but the real question is will there be enough demand for them?

Who is going to buy them?; i mean YIJ is by no means a bad series but i dont think that it ever found any single concentrated audience it alienated those expecting Indy and it was a bit lightweight for those wanting heavy drama.

00Kevin

Indyfan
good question

mabey if they try to aim them at teachers, people who like watching the history channel, with the bonus stuff they're working on, they migth work

but right now, no, there is very little demand, if any

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
If they price the entire set at say $60-$100 I might consider buying them. Otherwise I'll just skip it.

00Kevin

Indyfan
that gives me an Idea.....perhaps they could put several episodes (quite a few hours there...) onto 1 disk

then you pay less and get more, otherwise, they are just going for every penny they can get

but this Idea will probubly be sacked, just like the initial makers of 'monty python and the holy grail' ;)

bob

I doubt they are going to do a rush job as that just doesnt seem to be the way that Lucas folk do things; i remember reading some news on them anyway that they were going to make them into teaching aids or something....

It just seems to me that GL cant accept that YIJ was compared with the pedigree of the series a failure in educational terms and in entertainment terms without any sort of cult appeal

00Kevin

Indyfan
bob said:
It just seems to me that GL cant accept that YIJ was compared with the pedigree of the series a failure in educational terms and in entertainment terms without any sort of cult appeal

*laughs* that's there's the Quote of the Year!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
if they are ever released, my guess is that they'll be rather excellent dvd's, seeing as they are Lucas's baby and all. Martin Scorcese, of Lucas's directing generation, actually included some clips from the series in a 3-part documentary series about film, entitled A Journey with Martin Scorcese through American Filmmaking, or something to that effect.

Okay, that last bit was OT.

Patrick

I think they should just put the
YIJ on DVD... Which would be included
In the Harrison Ford Indiana Jones
DVD as some kind of package. Therefore
Non-YIJ or OIJ fans would be thinking
they were getting bonus features (Well
they would) And LucasFilm would sell more
than selling them seperately.

J

Jedi Daniel

If the YIJ series is released as a DVD Box Set, I'll buy it for sure :)