Your favorite use of the 'whip' throughout the movies

michael

Simple as that.

Mine would have to be in Temple of Doom when he snags the Thuggees machete. So graceful and ever so badass.

I honestly think ToD has the best uses of the whip. My honorable mentions were the wrapping of the whip around the Thuggee assassin's neck, and the swinging on the catwalks in the mine caves.

The Drifter

michael said:
Simple as that.

Mine would have to be in Temple of Doom when he snags the Thuggees machete. So graceful and ever so badass.

I honestly think ToD has the best uses of the whip. My honorable mentions were the wrapping of the whip around the Thuggee assassin's neck, and the swinging on the catwalks in the mine caves.

I agree that Temple of Doom has the best uses for the whip. And, let's not forget how he snagged Willie at the end. Jones is so good with the whip, he never even hurt her.

StoneTriple

012.jpg

Dewy9

I absolutely love it in KOTCS when he swings from the light. I always rewind that part to watch it again.

It's also funny, because the internet when into a tizzy after the teaser came out and he did that, because they all knew he was going to be like Spiderman in the movie swinging with the whip.

Yure

I'm too going for Raiders and for the first use of the whip on screen. Simply perfect.

Mickiana

Anytime he uses it. Simple as that. But if forced to make a preference, yes, it has to be the first time we see Indiana Jones wield that wonderful whip: faster than the would-be shooter, it's the perfect weapon for a non-lethal undoing of a treacherous cohort's intentions. Seeing him take that gun out of Barranca's hand so fast that it fires just before hitting the ground and landing in the water, well, that set the tone for what was coming up for the rest of the movie.

StoneTriple

Mickiana said:
...so fast that it fires just before hitting the ground and landing in the water...
Followed by that dark, intense close-up, no dialogue, and that heavy music. Perfection. For me, the Indy moment that was never topped.

DoomTown

michael said:
Simple as that.

Agreed agreed agreed! The whoosh through the air, the music...the way the machete flies through the air! Definitely my favorite as well...(y)

P Tom

I liked it when in the Last Crusade Indy instinctively uses his whip to latch onto his Dad's leg to save his Dad from getting crushed by the tank's caterpillar tracks. :whip: