General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Morning Bell

I kind of like the idea of Indy V kicking off with Indy going straight from one adventure to another. Books like Secret of the Sphinx used this technique and I liked it for a change. The college scenes are always a treat but leaving them out of ToD was an interesting touch that I wouldn't mind seeing again in another film.

James

Moedred said:
Mentions of Indy 6 are new.

Yes, nice find. I had assumed that creating a second trilogy- an idea that was briefly rumored back in 2006- would no longer be a viable option for Lucas, Spielberg, or Ford.

But along with the recent "If I'm Alive"(!) quote, it appears Ford no longer believes he has to relinquish the bullwhip at age 70.

Indy's brother

indyrcks said:
I think it is unlikely that there is going to be Indy 5 they are just being too slow here :(

I can't express just how wrong I hope you are...KOTCS only whetted my appetite for another Indy adventure, almost a tease really. 4 is not enough.

foreignerfred

indyrcks said:
but has there been any concrete news on it's progress:confused:

Spielberg likes to surprise "the fans," and he can't do that if he's making official announcements about every step of the process.

I don't think every moment left without "concrete news" is a nail in Indy's coffin. I think they're quietly working behind the scenes, and that's fine with me...

...as long as we get at least Indy V.

heh.
Ff

indyrcks

I want more Indy films but it's Harrison Ford I'm concerned about can he still be able to play Indy, I'm not saying he isn't able to he was awesome in Kingdom in my opinion anyway hope Indy 5 does happen.

James

foreignerfred said:
I don't think every moment left without "concrete news" is a nail in Indy's coffin. I think they're quietly working behind the scenes, and that's fine with me...

Since Spielberg was frustrated and disappointed by the Indy 4 leaks, I also expect the next one to be a little more secretive.

I'm just glad two additional sequels are still on the drawing board. For one, it means that Indy 5 is unlikely to be approached as a grand finale (something I assumed would happen with KOTCS).

Ajax the Great

I'm hoping for a V, but if it goes into production, I'm swearing off online speculation. I want to experience it with as few pre-conceptions as possible, with only the knowledge of the first four movies in my mind.

After poring over the trailers, the press releases, the leaked snippets and promotional photos, I created a CS that could never exist, so that when I actually saw it, it was anticlimactic.

Indy's brother

Ajax the Great said:
I'm hoping for a V, but if it goes into production, I'm swearing off online speculation. I want to experience it with as few pre-conceptions as possible, with only the knowledge of the first four movies in my mind.

I learned my lesson as well. Though enough time has passed that I feel I can be objective about KOTCS, and I like to think that my issues with it would be there regardless, I'll never know for sure how much of it I ruined for myself by knowing too much going into it. I think expectations and preconceptions will be there no matter what, but this time (crossing fingers for a "next time") I'm going into full blackout mode. I don't want to know the artifact, cast, locations, plot, NOTHING.

DocWhiskey

Indy's brother said:
I'm going into full blackout mode. I don't want to know the artifact, cast, locations, plot, NOTHING.

Same here, but I doubt that will happen in my case. There's no way I can ignore all the Indy scoops going on here if Indy V happens.

Indy's brother

DocWhiskey said:
Same here, but I doubt that will happen in my case. There's no way I can ignore all the Indy scoops going on here if Indy V happens.

I will probably avoid most of The Raven, send my wife online from time to time to look for release dates, cover my ears and close my eyes while yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!" when a trailer plays on tv, and knock out anyone in line at the theater that says anything about it before I get in. That's my plan, anyway.

lao che & sons

i too want to walk into the theatre knowing absolutley nothing about Indy 5 just to see if it boosts the experience, however I probably wont be able to go through with it:(

Ajax the Great

How would they deal with the family in Indy V? I'm totally in favor of leaving them at home this time.

I think that the inclusion of the entourage in IV added a bit of implausibility. I know, I know, all of Indy is based on implausibility, but I'm referring to muddled motivation. Why did Marion go to find Oxley? Was she an archaeologist or something? I mean, it's not like she went just anywhere - she went into the South American jungle.

In LC, Indy had an entourage, but it was subtly done. You never felt like it was Indy and the Crazy Adventurer's Squad. And each character in the group had a distinct and rational reason to be there.

Maybe the family element in CS was to appeal to a new audience or try and build on nostalgia. Since nostalgia won't be as big a factor in a fifth movie, d'you think it'll be a more plot-driven story?

I'm also in favor of getting a different screenwriter for the fifth one.

Darth Vile

I can only speak for myself, but I always find the build up to the release of a new movie is one of the best bits about the whole process. Of course some of the anticipation is artifically enhanced to the point that the movie can never quite meet expectations... some of the magic of seeing it unhold on screen is lost... but in general, seeking out snippets of information, endless speculation and spoliers is very very enjoyable (I'd only get this involved for an Indy or Star Wars movie) Afterall, the end result is only circa 2 hours long, the build up has so much more potential to be fun. Bring it on. :)

foreignerfred

Like any Indy fan, I would love to have two more movies, but like it's been stated countless times on these boards, they'll have to kick it into high gear and film them relatively close together in time.

But I am not advocating the idea that 5 be "to be continued" and lead into 6. I think that would be a bad idea. But I do hope they're simultaneously developing two ideas for 5 and 6. I think they should film 6 (if it is truly a possibility) no later than two years after filming 5. They can hold onto the finished film for another year, but I'd like to see it "in the can" sooner than later.

If they just plod along at this rate, 6 will become a joke. People made fun of Harrison's age in KOTCS -- and he looked GREAT!

So, bring 5 and 6 on!...just hurry up about it.

indyrcks

He was playing a 56 year old Indy wasn't he Harrison Ford so if they keep going at this rate with being slow and everything he will be in his 70s and do we really want him to still play Indiana Jones when he does reach that age just wondering:confused:

Indy's brother

Here's a question for you guys

The only updates we've gotten lately were from Ford. And only because he was on his press junket for Extraordinary Measures and inevitable questions about Indy were asked. Now that he has no reason to speak to the press right now, I'm sure that he won't. Anybody know the next time any of the big three will need to make a public appearance (and be forced to field Indy-related questions)? When's the next time we could expect to hear something?