Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Archaeos

Still numb from an extended drinking and eating session with Stoo, Archaeos is back among the living, and Travelling Indy will return, too. The next page will be posted on Tuesday morning. (y)

harvey

Li'l Indy

Just a quick update:

Been dealing with a nasty back problem for a little while now (just like Ford in ToD!), so my travels with Mini Indy might take a few weeks to complete. In that time, he can join Keith and me as we record the IndyCast segment in a few weeks (next IndyCast has one we've already recorded).

Then...off to Drifter.

Stoo

harvey said:
Been dealing with a nasty back problem for a little while now (just like Ford in ToD!), so my travels with Mini Indy might take a few weeks to complete. In that time, he can join Keith and me as we record the IndyCast segment in a few weeks (next IndyCast has one we've already recorded).

Then...off to Drifter.
Kudos for the update, Harvey.:hat: I was back home for a month seeing family & friends so apologies for my lack of attention to this thread. Go for it when you are ready, willing & able and then we can kick this project forward into a higher gear.

Be sure to post a link for the podcast with Travelling Mini-Indy!

As for passing him onto Drifty...I can't wait for that.:)
Archaeos said:
Still numb from an extended drinking and eating session with Stoo, Archaeos is back among the living, and Travelling Indy will return, too. The next page will be posted on Tuesday morning. (y)
Achtung, Archaeos: Which Tuesday morning?:confused: 4 Tuesdays have passed since your announcement so you must have recovered from our 2nd pub session by now. Ja? Don't tell us that you have a 4-week hangover!:p Please try and get your adventure going again because there is a growing lineup/queue behind you...waiting! (Show at least 1 new page before your next globe-trot).:whip:

Maybe we'll have to wait until some "Tuesday Afternoon" in the "Days of Future Passed"...

Musical Interlude:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b9mtiTEoOAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

---
For our 2nd meet, Archaeos' choice pub location resulted in a fun discovery: the supposed origin of the Australian slang term, "pommy" (meaning a Brit). The pub was on a corner of the old, Millbank Prison grounds and had stone-constructed cells beneath (we asked to see them but they were off-limits to the public at that time). However, Millbank was ALSO the last stop for convicted criminals being shipped to Australia in the 1800s...

POM = Prisoner Of Millbank

Not to be confused with the long-running, bread company, POM - Pride of Montreal

harvey

Mini Indy - The IndyCast Adventure

Just a quick update and a reminder to check out the latest IndyCast (#176):

http://theindycast.com/episode-176-and-the-mystery-of-the-blues/

Keith and I record our latest Further Adventures segment...and Mini Indy is along for the ride! (y)

25au91j.png

Joe Brody

Stoo said:
Are you anywhere near Kent State University?:confused: If so, try and get a photo of Indiana Jones on its historic killing grounds.

Neil Young (a Canadian) wrote this famous song . . . .

[Jokingly] ". . . .a Southern man don't need him 'round anyhow."

[although for the record, my politics are roughly in line with Young.]

InexorableTash

I'd like to suggest that Le Sab should go ahead and start posting.

While I trust that Archaeos will finish up with his batch of little Indy's adventures, I don't want to rush him. On the other hand, I think there are several benefits to keeping the posts as close as possible in time to the visits - the escapades are fresher in the host's mind, there's the opportunity for feedback and special requests, and so forth.

Stoo

Joe Brody said:
[Jokingly] ". . . .a Southern man don't need him 'round anyhow."

[although for the record, my politics are roughly in line with Young.]
Heh, Lynryrd Skynyrd's comeback lyric to Neil Young's, "Southern Man". Nice one, Joe.:D

(although for the record, the band were fans of Young's music. I always wondered how much truth there was to the rumour that Ronnie Van Zant got buried in a Neil Young T-shirt!)
Inexorable Tash said:
I'd like to suggest that Le Sab should go ahead and start posting.
Agreed, for all the reasons you stated above. Was hoping to keep things linear but, alas, I'm sure people have grown tired of waiting.

It's been awhile since Archaeos & I have spoken (he's a busy guy) but I was going to allow him until 1st Jan 2014 to resume before giving Sabo the green light. Now is as good a time as then, I suppose.

So...take it away, Le Saboteur!:whip:

P.S. When we had our 2nd meeting in September, Archaeos wasn't happy with himself for taking so long.

Stoo

All Quiet on the Western Front

♪ ♫
So tired
Tired of waitin'
Tired of waitin' for yoo-oo-ou...
♫ ♪

The Kinks - Tired of Waiting for You - 1965
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ2c1SZl6h0

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JJ2c1SZl6h0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

---
A few months from now will be the 4th anniversary of Travelling-Mini-Indy!:eek: The current state is less than ideal so it looks like my management of Inky Skin's project didn't fare too well after he stepped aside. :eek:

In an effort to INJECT SOME LIFE back into this, here is a sneak-peek from the (hopefully upcoming) Le Saboteur Collection:

(Published without Le Saboteur's permission! :p)

Exhibit_SantaAna_01_small_zps8986e253.jpg

harvey

Indy in Ohio

Quick update on Mini Indy in Ohio:

The back problem I mentioned earlier became full-blown back surgery. Still in a recuperative mode, but hopefully up to travel soon. It's been crazy cold and snowy here...and the last thing I wanted to do was take a header on the ice while Mini Indy flies out of my hand. :D

If there's a matter of time sensitivity for his next destination, please let me know and I'll forward him asap.

If not...I'll plan on taking him out and about shortly (no pun intended). :hat:

The Drifter

No rush, Harv. Take all the time that you need. I'll be out of town until after the new year any way. I hope you get better soon.

KingdianaJones7

I need to go through this thread with a fine tooth comb to see if anyone here has suggested that Indy goes home- i.e. to Elstree Studios.

Have been there a few times and I don't mind taking him with me. :)

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
So...take it away, Le Saboteur!:whip:

Yeah, but as you know I really am not keen on interrupting Archaeos' run, but seeing as how he appears to have completely given up the field...

I guess I'll have a go.

But where do we go?!

12318761754_aee08605df_z.jpg

Oh, I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

12318761534_76e3033fd3_z.jpg

With that said, I need to find my camera. I had it a few days ago... and seem to have misplaced it. If you're noticing a trend, I have a nasty habit of losing them in rather mundane and not so mundane ways.

Last edited:

Stoo

Hooray!

Le Saboteur said:
Yeah, but as you know I really am not keen on interrupting Archaeos' run, but seeing as how he appears to have completely given up the field...

I guess I'll have a go.
"Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.

Believe me, I don't want to spoil Archaeos' string either but it has been quite a while now (4 months since his last post, *7* since his last image) so this is, hopefully, the right decision for the sake of the project's livelihood. I've tried contacting him to no avail, which is a tad worrisome. Let's hope he's OK. If Inky has a spare minute, maybe he could try to reach him, too.

Now go find your camera!:whip:

Funny, I seem to be following Mini-Indy's path: London 3 times last year and San Fran 2 weeks from now!:)

inky_skin

I'll reach out to Archaeos. I know he's a very busy chap professionally so I don't want to apply too much pressure - but equally I want to see Indy's adventures progressing.

Stoo - thanks for minding the store. I'm considering returning to the fold soon - work permitting - but you are doing such a great job...;)

harvey

Quick update...

Awful winter here in Ohio that just recently broke. Attempted to get some shots of mini-Indy recently, but they look awful. Temps only allowed for a minute or so outside, so I couldn't get good angles.

Hoping to get some better shots here soon, if you folks are cool with me hangin' out with the plastic one a tad more...