Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead

DIrishB

ResidentAlien said:
ZOMG! I had no idea! :rolleyes:

It's called context. Also a bit of sarcasm. Both were lost on you.

You're a freaking super-genius!!! :rolleyes:

The context of your post implied it had been done before, which it has many times, but you only mentioned Bruce Campbell (yes, that comment was the pinnacle of sarcastic wit). I merely pointed out that was short-sighted, no matter how sarcastic you intended it. Now relax, Gung-ho, and stop bogging the thread down with your "glass completely empty" nonsense.

Johnny Jones said:
Dude, I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. To quote Indy, "You don't have to get sore all the time just to show everybody how tough you are, okay?"

Appreciate that, Johnny, but just ignore him. RA seems to get off on posting on forums and constantly acting like a douche-bag. It must be nice for him to be so much better than everyone else in the world. I guess he doesn't like me because I disagree with him on just about everything (except strangely, we both love the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness films...but who doesn't?).

Dewy9 said:
This is very exciting news! I hope it comes as a hardback book. I absolutely despise paperbacks.

Really? I'm just the opposite, prefer the paperbacks. They take up less room, are easier to carry around with you, etc. Plus I hate the dust-jackets on the hardcovers (always having to remove it while reading them, else it folds or bunches up....).

Seeing as how its coming out as a paperback first, I doubt they'll release it as a hardcover, but you never know.

Dewy9

DIrishB said:
Really? I'm just the opposite, prefer the paperbacks. They take up less room, are easier to carry around with you, etc. Plus I hate the dust-jackets on the hardcovers (always having to remove it while reading them, else it folds or bunches up....).

Seeing as how its coming out as a paperback first, I doubt they'll release it as a hardcover, but you never know.

Yeah, I doubt it's coming out on hardcover. I like how it will actually lay flat when you put it down. Plus, paperbacks remind me of the awful assigned books in school. Ugh. lol

QBComics

Dewy9 said:
Yeah, I doubt it's coming out on hardcover. I like how it will actually lay flat when you put it down.

My God, I hate this! It drives me nuts when they won't lay down flat. I rally hope it comes in hardback, because I just prefer it over paperback. :sleep:

DIrishB

DIrishB said:
I'm gonna fire Mr. MacGregor an email and ask him. Hopefully he'll be able to answer.

So Mr. MacGregor was kind enough to answer those questions I had about his upcoming Indy novel (scheduled for release Fall 2009). Check out his answers here.

He's indeed written a new Indy novel based off the upcoming video game, as was rumored.

Dewy9

I really hope the fanbase gets behind these next two books so that we can get more. I'm admittedly not a big reader, even though I know I should, but more Indy adventures is always a good thing.

Dr.Sartorius

DIrishB said:
So Mr. MacGregor was kind enough to answer those questions I had about his upcoming Indy novel (scheduled for release Fall 2009). Check out his answers here.

He's indeed written a new Indy novel based off the upcoming video game, as was rumored.

Nice to know he's still going to write a new Indy book. Now we have two new Indy novels to look forward to. :D

DIrishB

Dr.Sartorius said:
Nice to know he's still going to write a new Indy book. Now we have two new Indy novels to look forward to. :D

Actually, he'd finished writing it awhile ago. He probably finished it in late 2007 or early 2008, to allow enough time for editing and printing for its originally planned release around the time Crystal Skull hit theaters (May 2008). I wonder if this is why he says the storyline between the novel and video game are similar...perhaps the extended development time on the game might've led to story changes, additions, ommissions, etc.

Either way, completely agree, two new Indy novels is a great thing!

Andy Jones

It's great news that we are getting 2 new Indy novels next year. Hopefully they will keep the series going and maybe we will get regular Indy novels like you get with Star Wars.

Dr.Sartorius

Andy Jones said:
It's great news that we are getting 2 new Indy novels next year. Hopefully they will keep the series going and maybe we will get regular Indy novels like you get with Star Wars.

Well I'd rather just get a few new Indy novels rather than dozens of mediocre ones.

Its too bad Drew Struzan won't be doing the cover art for these books...

Plaristes

DIrishB said:

I'm right there with you. I hate how so many of the Star Wars novels come out in hardback first. And I still haven't purchased IJatKofCS because I'm waiting for the paperback.

DIrishB

Andy Jones said:

I hope we don't get as many Indy novels as Star Wars novels each year. I'd rather they release maybe just one or two per year: ideally one by MacGregor or McCoy, and one by an author who hasn't done an Indy novel yet but has a proven track record of novelizations of licensed fiction...basically like a lot of the authors already writing the Star Wars books.

Dr. Sartorius said:
Well I'd rather just get a few new Indy novels rather than dozens of mediocre ones.

Agreed. I definitly want new Indy novels, but would prefer only one or two per year, by proven authors like MacGregor and McCoy who've both written great Indy novels already. Or at the very least, by established authors with a track record for doing well with licensed properties (like Perry).

Its too bad Drew Struzan won't be doing the cover art for these books...

His artwork on the covers will be sorely missed. :(

Plaristes said:
I'm right there with you. I hate how so many of the Star Wars novels come out in hardback first. And I still haven't purchased IJatKofCS because I'm waiting for the paperback.

Yeah, to each their own. I understand people like the hardbacks, but they're just so much more expensive, cumbersome, big, and heavy compared to the paperbacks. Paying $6-7 for a book is much better than paying $23-28. I love to read, but not when its costing me almost $30 a pop on a book I'll finish in a couple days...I just can't justify that.

So yeah, paperbacks all the way for me (unless its only available in hardcover, of course). Though most hardcovers are available as paperbacks within a year anyway, so the Crystal Skull novelization should be available before too long for you. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to check out the adult movie novelizations (mainly for the "extra" scenes not in the movies).

emtiem

I was hoping that fella who did the KOTCS adaptation would do a new novel; isn't he pretty successful?

Johnny Jones

James Rollins? I think so. That's why they chose him for the original job, I imagine. That, and he had a track record with crystal skulls and Russian psychic research. ;)

emtiem

That's the one; he seemed interested in the job of doing more in the interview on this site. Was the KOTCS novelization good?

Lambonius

DIrishB said:
Speaking of which, I've been meaning to check out the adult movie novelizations (mainly for the "extra" scenes not in the movies).

I just finished Crusade and Temple, and am starting Raiders. Temple in particular has a LOT of additional material, including an entire chapter based on Shorty's day before the night of the Club Obi Wan shoot-out, and a section detailing what happened to Willie after Shorty got captured by the Thuggee but before she was led into the temple to be sacrificed. Crusade has some interesting additional material, but I wasn't nearly as impressed by the additions than I was with the Temple stuff. I highly recommend picking up the novelizations if you get a chance. It's great stuff. :whip:

Johnny Jones

emtiem said:
That's the one; he seemed interested in the job of doing more in the interview on this site. Was the KOTCS novelization good?
I thought it was good. It was divided into sixty-something chapters I think, so they were a lot shorter and faster-paced then the other novelizations. It seemed a bit less in-depth character wise and with figurative language descriptions, but still impressive and definitely didn't read like a flat screenplay either. I consider it different, not inferior, and I thought James did a fine job. (y)