Jaws

Gustav

Look here, people. . You better believe nothing - not even death - will stop me from going to that multiplex on August 31st and September 1st.

There are some other good films on there too, but still no Raiders of the Lost Ark. Last summer they let us vote for films and Raiders wasn't one that won. It's the same this year. I know, stupid bastards.

deckard24

Right on Gustav, you are one lucky guy! If I had time I'd plan a trip and drive to Florida, just to see Jaws on the big screen. It is probably my all time number one favorite movie, so you've made me quite jealous. The closest I ever got was as a kid watching it on a large projector screen, but that pales in comparison to an actual movie theater sized screen.

You're right there are some good movies showing there, Goonies for one. There is a smaller art house theater by me that runs old movies on Fridays during the summer. I got to see a rerelease of Donnie Darko, but I missed The Princess Bride which they just showed.

Gustav

This same theater showed Donnie Darko last summer and I also saw the director's cut at an art house back in Virginia. I was always working when they were showing good stuff like King Kong and The Maltese Falcon. I would quit my job to see Jaws though.

Cinemaworld

coming soon...

Hold on just a little while longer and you should get your wish. We're currently working on booking all 3 films for a marathon. Full details to come as planning progresses.

David

Niteshade007

Melbourne's two hours away, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. I'm moving into my apartment, which is another four hours away, around that time.

Gustav

Cinemaworld said:
Hold on just a little while longer and you should get your wish. We're currently working on booking all 3 films for a marathon. Full details to come as planning progresses.

David

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

arkfinder

Cinemaworld said:

David

Will Jaws 3 be in 3-D? I remember when it came out it was.

Gustav

Was that in Back to the Future Part II?

Jaws 3 was in 3D but I think Dave was talking about the Indiana Jones movies.

Cinemaworld

Gustav said:
Look here, people. . You better believe nothing - not even death - will stop me from going to that multiplex on August 31st and September 1st.

There are some other good films on there too, but still no Raiders of the Lost Ark. Last summer they let us vote for films and Raiders wasn't one that won. It's the same this year. I know, stupid bastards.

So a little update on the Indy Marathon...it's not happening yet. The studio isn't taking any bookings right now, but we'll keep checking back - I want to see these movies as much as anyone else on the big screen again.

So, the August Marathon will be a Star Trek Marathon (#1-4).

Jawad M

Gustav said:
Was that in Back to the Future Part II?

Jaws 3 was in 3D but I think Dave was talking about the Indiana Jones movies.

Are you going to see Goonies and Back to the Future as well

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49921
Here's the interview. Just a little Indy talk:
...for all the fans of Temple of Doom who think I beat up too much on it, those fans who beat up on George Lucas 24/7 at the drop of any fedora, I would just say please give George credit. He's the one that made it dark, he's the one that decided on the story and on the concept. For all those who love Temple of Doom, you've gotta give George credit.

Henry W Jones

I just finished watching Jaws for the first time in 5-10 years. Still a great film. For 1975 I think its stood the test of time. Would love to see it on the big screen.

michael

mmm, spring is here, summer around the corner....Jaws...

I assume this is legit

http://www.jawstribute.com/

JAWSFEST: THE TRIBUTE will be a three-day fan-centric event exploring the experiences, filming, and memories from the making of JAWS©. The event will be held on Martha's Vineyard Island, aka 'Amity," from August 9-12, 2012.

Our tribute will concentrate on the men and women of JAWS who have passed, with special focus on Peter Benchley, Roy Scheider, and Robert Shaw. We are inviting fans, families, cast, and crew to join us in Amity (Martha?s Vineyard) to share their personal stories, memorabilia, and experiences. This event will explore how the making of JAWS has impacted the lives of those who came to Amity in 1974 and how the blockbuster film they created continues to impact lives today.