My Costume getting there....

NLogan

Indy1Jones2 tell us about your gear. What shirt do you have? What kind of hat is that? Where did you get your jacket? The jacket is nice and definitely the show piece of your costume while also being able to wear it out of costume as well. I still need to pick up a whip holder my own gear.

Indy1Jones2

I got my jacket from a friend my pants I got from a website called bonanza my belt from Amazon my shoes from my dad my whip holster from Amazon I got my whip from a Indiana jones kids site my satchel I got from Amazon my shirt I don't recall.

NLogan

The jacket looks like it fits you well and to my eye has just about the right sleeve length that I would want. That's a great find from a friend. What about your hat? Also I don't think I would iron the pants at all just wash them and then pull them out and wear them. I personally don't recall seeing Indiana Jones with ironed pants during the films unless he was wearing a suit traveling or teaching a class.

Indy1Jones2

Just playing around with this. Made this collage
Wanted to see me with the big boys..
Harrison Ford
Chris Pratt
Me
Tom Selleck

At pop con in Morgantown West Virginia with a Jawa and some Mandolorians in the summer.

Last edited:

Indy McFly

If you are asking for advice, I would have your pants hemmed. They are much to long.

Also, when it comes to proper length of clothing. You (and everyone else) need to know that a proper length of a jacket sleeve is to the edge of your hand closest to the wrist. Gloves cover your hands, not jacket sleeves. This is a very common clothing mistake in the USA. If you look at Indy's sleeve length in the first 3 films you will see what I mean.

A good start to your cosplay and as always be sure to list who you are wearing.

Steve--Staff writer for IndyMag, covering the world of cosplay.

Sea Monarch

Indy McFly said:
If you are asking for advice, I would have your pants hemmed. They are much to long.

Also, when it comes to proper length of clothing. You (and everyone else) need to know that a proper length of a jacket sleeve is to the edge of your hand closest to the wrist. Gloves cover your hands, not jacket sleeves. This is a very common clothing mistake in the USA. If you look at Indy's sleeve length in the first 3 films you will see what I mean.

A good start to your cosplay and as always be sure to list who you are wearing.

Steve--Staff writer for IndyMag, covering the world of cosplay.

McFly, you're absolutely right! I used to sell Men's Suits, and learned how they should fit properly and how to mark them for tailoring by our alteration department.

Indy 1, congratulations on your recent achievement. Also the outfit looks really cool! Though the shoes/boots may not be 100% screen acurate, they're pretty cool too.

I am wondering, who manufactured the jacket and does the shirt have a brand tag? It's a great shirt!

I gotta say, regarding the previous photo montage, it's a cool idea, but I'm so glad that Ford is reprising the role, and the Chris Pratt rumours need to die! Don't get me wrong, I like Pratt, and if they had to continue it James Bond style hes a choice I like better than some others, but that's all they were .....rumours. Chris had said in various interviews that he's never been approached nor asked by Spielberg or anyone else that matters if hed be interested. And sounds like it wasnt Spielberg's idea.

Only the rumour mill dreamed up the idea and upon hearing, Steven might have thought he would be an interesting choice if they ever decided to recast. And now, based on confirmed recent Indy V interviews, we know that Spielberg, Marshall and co. had no interest in recasting Indy, and that for them, Ford is the only Indy.

Never say never, though, right?

If youre open to an observation/suggestion ......out of the many photos you took, you never smiled. I suspect that a little of that wry, Indy smile, even a typical Ford half-smile would add to the overall Indy look. At least it would be a good balance to the similar looking photos. Well done!

Btw, how was that convention, anyway?

Last edited: