Young Indy on Youtube

Stoo

IndyFan89 said:
I hope the new dvds have the bookends or at least a featture with them. They're my favorite part. Hell i would watch "The Old Indiana Jones Cronicles" :p
It's funny that you say this, IndyFan89, since I've compiled all the bookends together
(in order as aired) and labeled them "The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles". Total running
time is over 1 hour. My favourite part is when he assaults the guy in doughnut shop.

Sadly, it seems the only way that Old Indy will be kept alive is by us, the fans.
(At least for now...)

Stoo

Hey Guys,

Yes, I will eventually post Old Indy but I want to finish with my
"Entertainment Tonight" series of Indy clips first. One of them
is the rare Harrison Ford interview for "Mystery of the Blues".
I love it as it is on-set and there a clips of the crew filming
both exterior and interior scenes. Ford is sitting near a wood
stove in full costume. Can't wait for y'all to see it...

I also have some other random clips on the set for "Blues"
that I fully intend on posting as well.

Flannery10

Is there anybody who has some more bookends of Old Indy or any unreleased Young Indiana Jones material?
Because I was pleased with the set I bought, but I haven't seen enough Old Indy bookends to make up my mind if they really were better than the linking segments.
So if you have any could you upload them on youtube? Would be so great:)

Adamwankenobi

Flannery10 said:
Is there anybody who has some more bookends of Old Indy or any unreleased Young Indiana Jones material?
Because I was pleased with the set I bought, but I haven't seen enough Old Indy bookends to make up my mind if they really were better than the linking segments.
So if you have any could you upload them on youtube? Would be so great:)

The linking segments, and the entire concept of the re-edits, go against basic storytelling.

Avilos

Adamwankenobi said:
The linking segments, and the entire concept of the re-edits, go against basic storytelling.

So you say! Do not all the Indiana Jones films begin with Indy on adventures that segway into completely different stories??? Which are the actual plots of the films.

So it is a reoccurring elements of Indy's life that he finds himself constantly falling into new adventures. Right after a previous one ended!

Adamwankenobi

Avilos said:
So you say! Do not all the Indiana Jones films begin with Indy on adventures that segway into completely different stories??? Which are the actual plots of the films.

So it is a reoccurring elements of Indy's life that he finds himself constantly falling into new adventures. Right after a previous one ended!

Yes, but in the films, an adventure doesn't end midway through a film, and a new one begin. And the films don't link adventures together with footage of Ford looking older than in the surrounding material, with aesthetic continuity out of whack.

Flannery10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk6IyJHAyWA

This Young Indy preview was recently added on youtube and I fail to recognize the first Corey Carrier image that's shown, weird because I've bought the Young Indiana Jones vol.1 dvd box and I thought only George Hall got cut out. Anyone can tell me what episode that is?

I see that many scenes are from Curse of the Jackal and London, May 1916. This obviously is one of the first Young Indy previews ever.

Junior Jones

Flannery10 said:
This Young Indy preview was recently added on youtube and I fail to recognize the first Corey Carrier image that's shown, weird because I've bought the Young Indiana Jones vol.1 dvd box and I thought only George Hall got cut out. Anyone can tell me what episode that is?

Isn't that a scene from Curse of the Jackal/My First Adventure? They're on their way down the Nile River to the Valley of the Kings. Indy is reading, and an Egyptian starts talking to him. Ned tells him that they prize wisdom, and urges Indy to learn the language wherever he goes. At least, that's the scene I think the clip is from.

Um, any chance anyone with the original bookends could upload them. It was all going so well months ago, with a fairly constant flow, but thats stopped for quite a while now. I haven't seen most of em, and would really love to see some more.

Flannery10

I talked to Stoo about that in a couple of threads and in the Northern Italy thread he said he would upload them over Christmas. He has all of them except Florence, so I really apreciate it. (y)

Stoo

Actually, I do have ?Florence? in French but missed taping the first 3?4 minutes.
Old Indy is in a dingy, pool hall playing against a biker chick.

Will start posting some of them soon. Really busy these days!