Story Ideas for Indy V

Perhilion

Lance Quazar said:
Just as an FYI, for legal reasons, they can't use ANY ideas that are submitted on this forum.

So don't expect them to come here looking for ideas. They can't!
gah! everyone shut up, we're ruining all the good ideas!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ronicle said:
Thanks Violet, there just seems to be too many Marion haters here right now, and seeing how Attila was one of the ones who told me to shut up about Marion and seeing how he's a mod... But Finn did do something about Resident calling me an idiot/pig just because I said Willie&Elsa were trampy(slang for sexually promiscuous) or in other words.. easy

All I was saying is that there's no need to resort to name-calling of what seemed a rather unsubstantiated sort in order to elevate your character. And that, tactically, maybe talking <I>a little bit</I> less about Marion might be worth doing.

But if you're much more comfortable making me into the big bad mod, feel free.

Attila the Professor said:
All I was saying is that there's no need to resort to name-calling of what seemed a rather unsubstantiated sort in order to elevate your character. And that, tactically, maybe talking <I>a little bit</I> less about Marion might be worth doing.

I didn't mean to infer you were a bully, just wanted to encourage her to stand up to someone she thought was a bully!:hat:

No offence...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
I didn't mean to infer you were a bully, just wanted to encourage her to stand up to someone she thought was a bully!:hat:

No offence...

No, no, I didn't think you were, Rocket Surgeon. You and I are cool, at least as far as I go.

Robyn

I never said you were a big bad mod, I just said you wanted me to stop talking about Marion and since you're a mod, I don't have much choice.. at least you didn't feel the need to call me a pig..

kongisking

rhino said:
I am just throwing this out there, what if Mutt and Indy were at odds with each other. Perhaps, Mutt is tired of living under the shadow of the greatest adventurer of all time and strikes out on his own to find (insert Mcguffin).

*cough*The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor*cough*

Oh, wait! Everyone wants to disembowel that movie, so I shouldn't remind them that it exists! Whoopsie! :(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ronicle said:
I never said you were a big bad mod, I just said you wanted me to stop talking about Marion and since you're a mod, I don't have much choice.. at least you didn't feel the need to call me a pig..

I wasn't speaking as a mod. I was speaking as a mod, in part, when you were going on about certain characters being tramps, but my slight annoyance at all the Marion-talk has nothing to do with my being a moderator. All right?

lao che & sons

The odds are, I'm going to be assaulted for this post or even worse, banned!:sick: *GASP!* :eek: but here goes,

Marion was great in Raiders but she was everything that you'd expect in a girl in an adventure movie:eek: . Willie (as "easy" as she is) is different. Willie supplied most of the comedy in a darker non-comedic movie :eek: I mean who didn't get a laugh when she fell of her elephant in the jungle and started crying, i know short round couldn't hold it in:D And don't even tell me that most of her lines in the shanghai scenes were serious and predictable *Cough, Marion, Cough* Now willie did have some annoying moments :rolleyes: with the screaming and shouting but what spoiled rich girl wouldn't scream at those things that was just her way of reacting and showing that if frightened her. Willie also had the MOST character development, by the end she was calling short round by his name instead of "kid" ,she was beating up thugees, there was minor screaming on the mine cart chase, and she tryed helping Indy when his feet were on fire, the list keeps going. Now don't get me wrong Marion wasn't horrible but she just seemed like super woman, a perfect match for Indy:eek: (y) . Elsa was my least favorite because she rode coat tails until the end, was a flat out whore, and it just seemed like Lusas and Spielberg were just running out of ideas.(n)

Robyn

I wasn't speaking as a mod. I was speaking as a mod, in part, when you were going on about certain characters being tramps, but my slight annoyance at all the Marion-talk has nothing to do with my being a moderator. All right?

Ok:hat: but I didn't mean anything by the tramp thing, I was only trying to point out that Willie and Elsa's characters are portrayed as "easy", nothing wrong with saying that right?.. but don't worry I won't use the "T" word anymore :hat:

Robyn

lao che & sons said:
The odds are, I'm going to be assaulted for this post or even worse, banned!:sick: *GASP!* :eek: but here goes,

Marion was great in Raiders but she was everything that you'd expect in a girl in an adventure movie:eek: . Willie (as "easy" as she is) is different. Willie supplied most of the comedy in a darker non-comedic movie :eek: I mean who didn't get a laugh when she fell of her elephant in the jungle and started crying, i know short round couldn't hold it in:D And don't even tell me that most of her lines in the shanghai scenes were serious and predictable *Cough, Marion, Cough* Now willie did have some annoying moments :rolleyes: with the screaming and shouting but what spoiled rich girl wouldn't scream at those things that was just her way of reacting and showing that if frightened her. Willie also had the MOST character development, by the end she was calling short round by his name instead of "kid" ,she was beating up thugees, there was minor screaming on the mine cart chase, and she tryed helping Indy when his feet were on fire, the list keeps going. Now don't get me wrong Marion wasn't horrible but she just seemed like super woman, a perfect match for Indy:eek: (y) . Elsa was my least favorite because she rode coat tails until the end, was a flat out whore, and it just seemed like Lusas and Spielberg were just running out of ideas.(n)

Wow looks like me and you disagree on just about EVERYTHING LOL EXCEPT for Elsa! I admit there was a few times I laughed at Willie, but the falling off the elephant wasn't one of them I'm afraid... That's why Marion is so cool, is because she has so many angles, she is the perfect adventure girl but not predictable. Willie came off as totally flat to me, the only two things I think of when I think of her, is blond and screaming. But hey this is the kind of back and forth I like, we don't have to agree, but atleast you said it in a nice way.. and you had me laughing saying that kickin dirt on Indy's boots was character development! lol

I don't know why you would think you'd get banned for your post?? I'm the one they want to shut up..lol

At least we both agree that Elsa was ehhem a whore:hat:

whoops...sorry for the double post!:

Last edited:

lao che & sons

ronicle said:
Wow looks like me and you disagree on just about EVERYTHING LOL EXCEPT for Elsa! I admit there was a few times I laughed at Willie, but the falling off the elephant wasn't one of them I'm afraid... That's why Marion is so cool, is because she has so many angles, she is the perfect adventure girl but not predictable. Willie came off as totally flat to me, the only two things I think of when I think of her, is blond and screaming. But hey this is the kind of back and forth I like, we don't have to agree, but atleast you said it in a nice way.. and you had me laughing saying that kickin dirt on Indy's boots was character development! lol

I don't know why you would think you'd get banned for your post?? I'm the one they want to shut up..lol

At least we both agree that Elsa was ehhem a whore:hat:

whoops...sorry for the double post!:

If there was anyone I thought would be dissagreeing with this post you were the first one that came to mind :D Thanks for sharing your opinion in a nice way, Everyone is entittled to their own. The whole baning thing was just joke by the way!;)

WrathofGod

You know what would be cool to see as an opener of Indy 5.
Indy going to great lengths in retrieving the original golden fertility idol from an unsavory collector that Belloq had sold it to. They both agree that Belloq was a pompous ass. The ruthless and unsavory collector suggests that Belloq must be enjoying the outrages fortune he asked for the idol on some island somewhere...
Indy: (with trademark smirk) Oh yeah, he ended up on some island.

After Indy retrieves it we see it safe and behind glass in a museum as a museum aid talks about it to a bunch of school kids, as Indy proudly eaves drops behind them, the group of kids couldn't care less, one even makes a juvenile remark about it, the group laugh as they move away to the next exhibit, Indy is completely offended at the ungrateful little brats but notices one kid has stayed behind to jot some notes about it in a pad...it wasn't all for nothing after all...the Archeologists cycle continues.

The teacher and the student both learn from each other.

Robyn

lao che & sons said:
If there was anyone I thought would be dissagreeing with this post you were the first one that came to mind :D Thanks for sharing your opinion in a nice way, Everyone is entittled to their own. The whole baning thing was just joke by the way!;)

Thanks I liked hearing your opinions too ;) It's interesting to me to see the reasons why some people DO like Willie, I usually can't figure out why lol Oh and yeah I figured you were just kidding about the banning, I was just playing along :hat: ;)

Hanselation

bennihana123 said:
Give Marion a cameo at the beginning/end and let Indy and Mutt go on an adventure with Mutt's love interest/another sidekick.

Face it, Mutt will be in the film if they ever do make it.

You're right!:whip:

If Marion gets a Cameo, it should be important for the story. Otherwise I don't have to see her again in the next movie. Mutt will be a leading character besides Indiana Jones. If Marion is there again it would turn to be a family drama. :sick:

DaFedora

Purgatory of Porsenna

I hate reiterating or copying my previous posts...
But the possibility's strong that in case anyone missed it (I posted this quite a while ago), though. Please take a moment to read my curious plot development for a next Indy V movie (mind you, it's quite lengthy BUT to my taste a good effort at mixing mystery, archeology and adventure):

'Indiana Jones and the Purgatory of Porsenna': (copyright pending (y) , nah I'm just kidding)

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18170&highlight=Porsenna

Darth Vile

Andrew Wilson said:
That's a nice idea! :D

I'm far from alone in thinking that one of them (and Internet opinion seems on the whole to think it is Lucas) lost the plot somewhat with last year's offering.

That raised a genuine LOL moment. I may have missed the meeting, but when did "internet opinion" become synonymous with rational, accurate and logical thought? It's faceless cyberspace, where opinion is so diverse it's virtually impossible to have a consensus on anything.

Darth Vile said:
That raised a genuine LOL moment. I may have missed the meeting, but when did "internet opinion" become synonymous with rational, accurate and logical thought? It's faceless cyberspace, where opinion is so diverse it's virtually impossible to have a consensus on anything.

I can't disagree enough!;)

lao che & sons

If marion tags along it would be exactly like KOTCS. But at least give her a samll cameo of some type. Or don't use her at all. Mutt on the other hand will probably one day take over Indys job so Indy has to teach him the ropes. Mutt will be in it. I really think they should do a 1 year prequal though. Makeup can mae harrison ford look a year younger and we don't have to use any characters besides charles stanforth in it. Plus this would make this new trilogy the same way the first one was. And short round or sallah need to come back for Indy 5, both actors are still alive.(y)

Perhilion

DaFedora said:
I hate reiterating or copying my previous posts...
But the possibility's strong that in case anyone missed it (I posted this quite a while ago), though. Please take a moment to read my curious plot development for a next Indy V movie (mind you, it's quite lengthy BUT to my taste a good effort at mixing mystery, archeology and adventure):

'Indiana Jones and the Purgatory of Porsenna': (copyright pending (y) , nah I'm just kidding)

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18170&highlight=Porsenna
that's really really really really really really cool. makes my own story sound like crap.