The Age Question

Kernunnos

I believe this deserves its own thread.

Before KotCS came out in the cinemas, one of the things I was most looking forward to was seeing an older Indiana Jones. That was a huge part of the appeal of the movie to me.

Now, we all know that movie fell short in many ways, but Harrison was absolutely fine as Indy... and I actually thought the character was better served by an older actor. When I watch the original trilogy now, I'm struck by how young Harrison looks, and I find myself wanting him to look more 'weathered', if that makes sense.

I realise that the character was never originally envisaged as an older role, but at the same time, Harrison wasn't the first choice.

The older Indiana Jones is a character I want to see more of, and as long as Harrison is still up for the part, I believe there's more worth in continuing the adventures of his character than rebooting the franchise with some fresh faced younger actor.

kongisking

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find Raveners who want to see the character regress and be trapped in infinite youth, character development be damned.

Oh, wait...