Jeeez--Can't believe I never joined!

Spectre

Long time COW member and Indy fan--never joined the Raven...lol.
I'm Auntsugar over there---pretty sure most of you know me.
I finally retired from the Air Force and moved to Texas. With all of this free time--I'm opening the prop shop! Mostly classic Galactica, but will do some Indy and SW stuff in-between.
Can't wait to get reacquainted with you all.

Cheers!

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
COW? Sorry, I'm not good with acronyms.

It's that rival bar from the over the mountains.

Spectre said:

With a name like Spectre (SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion), how can we be sure you're a defecter from COW and not a double agent? :D

Having never visited Club Obi Wan I can only presume that this bar has a better class of clientele. ;)

Welcome to The Raven!

:hat:

InexorableTash

Montana Smith said:
Having never visited Club Obi Wan I can only presume that this bar has a better class of clientele. ;)

Definitely fewer fashionistas here. You won't get snubbed at The Raven if your shirt is slightly more "taupe" than "stone".

(I kid - both are great forums, they just have wildly different personas.)

Spectre

Montana Smith said:

With a name like Spectre (SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion), how can we be sure you're a defecter from COW and not a double agent? :D

Welcome to The Raven!

:hat:

LOL----Classic!!!!
Not where I got the name, but certainly a great reference.
It's my name over at the Blackstar Squadron--classic BSG costuming club.

Wow--can't believe that a few didn't know about COW and Indy Gear. It was the first Indt gear site on the net.....waaaaaaaay back when.
Either way...thanks for the welcome, fellas--glad to be here. Also glad to be back in the Indy frame of mind.
Been cranking out a few small props again to get back into it. Mostly paper props until my rotocaster and vacuum former are finished.

I also have to start doing the clover lighters again. I haven't done, or offered those in about 10 years. Seems like there might be a few folks wanting those again.

Sea Monarch

Montana Smith said:
Spectre said:
LOL----Classic!!!!
Not where I got the name, but certainly a great reference.
It's my name over at the Blackstar Squadron--classic BSG costuming club.
Dangitt, you had me going, Smitty! I was excited to check out another possible Indy sight! Not that it could compare to The Raven.

Spectre said:
Wow--can't believe that a few didn't know about COW and Indy Gear. It was the first Indt gear site on the net.....waaaaaaaay back when.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Indy Gear's the one I frequently visited, back in 1999-2000. It was one of the first websites I ever visited, after getting internet.:cool:

Spectre said:
Either way...thanks for the welcome, fellas--glad to be here. Also glad to be back in the Indy frame of mind.
Been cranking out a few small props again to get back into it. Mostly paper props until my rotocaster and vacuum former are finished.

I also have to start doing the clover lighters again. I haven't done, or offered those in about 10 years. Seems like there might be a few folks wanting those again.

Am I to understand that you make props out of paper? That's creative! Have to see what they look like some time.(y)

Although, I'm suspect of anyone that would put BSG, over Indiana Jones! :( ;) Besides, BSG gives me headaches! Oh, wait...no I'm thinking of that stuff in Chinese Food. We've got our eye on you, mister. Just joshing with ya! Welcome back to the Raven. We missed you. Don't be gone so long, next time, if you can help it. :hat:

Spectre

Sea Monarch said:
Dangitt, you had me going, Smitty! I was excited to check out another possible Indy sight! Not that it could compare to The Raven.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Indy Gear's the one I frequently visited, back in 1999-2000. It was one of the first websites I ever visited, after getting internet.:cool:

Am I to understand that you make props out of paper? That's creative! Have to see what they look like some time.(y)

Although, I'm suspect of anyone that would put BSG, over Indiana Jones! :( ;) Besides, BSG gives me headaches! Oh, wait...no I'm thinking of that stuff in Chinese Food. We've got our eye on you, mister. Just joshing with ya! Welcome back to the Raven. We missed you. Don't be gone so long, next time, if you can help it. :hat:

Paper props, as in---Belle of Lincoln labels on whiskey bottles, Belloq schnapps bottles, maps, etc.

Sea Monarch

Spectre said:
Paper props, as in---Belle of Lincoln labels on whiskey bottles, Belloq schnapps bottles, maps, etc.

Kinda just now realize, I forgot you hadn't been here before, and I thought I remembered reading posts from you. Must have been another bloke. :eek: Oh, just remembered, I was thinking of the guy who lists his location as Spectre Island.
Still, glad to have you here, just the same. From your remark about the clover lighter, I figured that you were saying that you make props such as the lighters that the Jones boys used to burn through the ropes, out of paper. Is this not true?? If it's not than I'm confused by the lighter remark. :confused:
At any rate, we'll be looking forward to pics of your work. :)

Spectre

Sea Monarch said:
Kinda just now realize, I forgot you hadn't been here before, and I thought I remembered reading posts from you. Must have been another bloke. :eek: Oh, just remembered, I was thinking of the guy who lists his location as Spectre Island.
Still, glad to have you here, just the same. From your remark about the clover lighter, I figured that you were saying that you make props such as the lighters that the Jones boys used to burn through the ropes, out of paper. Is this not true?? If it's not than I'm confused by the lighter remark. :confused:
At any rate, we'll be looking forward to pics of your work. :)

I used to make the clover lighters for the guys over at Club Obi-Wan. Actual Zippos with the enameled white sides and green clovers ;) fully functional.

Haven't done those in a long time, but will be doing them again in the near future. I had the secret recipe that everyone tried to replicate back in the day--not sure how they are doing them now...if anyone even is.

Sea Monarch

Spectre said:
I used to make the clover lighters for the guys over at Club Obi-Wan. Actual Zippos with the enameled white sides and green clovers ;) fully functional.

Haven't done those in a long time, but will be doing them again in the near future. I had the secret recipe that everyone tried to replicate back in the day--not sure how they are doing them now...if anyone even is.

Awesome, Possum! When I've got the extra dough, you can bet I'll be buying one from you. And I don't even smoke. But then again, neither does Indy. Unless you go with the Ralph Mcquarrie redition of Indiana.

Dr. Gonzo

Spectre said:
I'm Auntsugar over there---pretty sure most of you know me.
I finally retired from the Air Force and moved to Texas. With all of this free time--I'm opening the prop shop! Mostly classic Galactica, but will do some Indy and SW stuff in-between.
Can't wait to get reacquainted with you all.

Cheers!

First drink is on the house!

...and no I'm not a member of the house, just rambling drunken demands at the bartenders. Cheers.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
First drink is on the house!

...and no I'm not a member of the house, just rambling drunken demands at the bartenders. Cheers.

Dr. Gonzo's last name is House. This round is indeed, on him. :p

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
Dr. Gonzo's last name is House. This round is indeed, on him. :p
Jim+Morrison+Jim+Gif.gif

Last edited: