Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

The Drifter

Playing Tales Of Vesperia on my wife's 360. Been awhile since I've played a JRPG.
I'm only a few hours in, but I'm liking it so far. The battle-system is fun.

Now a question: Is anyone else getting L.A. Noire? I have it fully paid for, and may go to the midnight release at my local Gamestop Monday night.

DiscoLad

Goodsport said:
Is Pirate's of the Burning Sea or Pirates of the Caribbean Online the better pirate-themed MMORPG? How do they compare to each other and are either/both graphically forgiving on older PC's? :confused:

-G

Well, I've only played the free version of Pirates of the Caribbean Online, but it was pretty fun and I liked it. I would recommend it, It only lagged a bit on my old computer so... It may or may not be different for yours.

Nurhachi1991

The Drifter said:
Playing Tales Of Vesperia on my wife's 360. Been awhile since I've played a JRPG.
I'm only a few hours in, but I'm liking it so far. The battle-system is fun.

Now a question: Is anyone else getting L.A. Noire? I have it fully paid for, and may go to the midnight release at my local Gamestop Monday night.

Im going and in Full Noir esque clothing haha gaberdine jacket and Todds Downtowner :D

and to add to the thread im currently playing Alan Wake

Goodsport

Anyone here still playing SWAT 4 and its expansion pack The Stetchkov Syndicate? :)

After finally fixing an audio card crackling problem on my older PC that's kept me from playing PC games for a while (I recently found my USB based headset/mic that I had previously stored away), I started playing this game again. And not a moment too soon, as I've once again found (this time on my PS3) that the only type of game I just can't play with a controller is the FPS, so thank goodness that I once again have my keyboard & mouse available for gaming. :cool:

However, it's somewhat bittersweet that aside from some more recent handheld and mobile phone versions, with the closing of Sierra this game seems to be the last of its series, one that dates back over twenty years when it was the Police Quest series (before it morphed into the SWAT series). Along with how many features were dropped in the Rainbow Six series after Raven Shield and its expansions in favor of more a run'n'gun style, where have all the truly tactical-based FPS's gone? :(

-G

Goodsport

DiscoLad said:
Well, I've only played the free version of Pirates of the Caribbean Online, but it was pretty fun and I liked it. I would recommend it, It only lagged a bit on my old computer so... It may or may not be different for yours.

Thanks, that's good to know. Will Pirates of the Caribbean Online gain even more recognition once the next movie in the series hits theaters in a few weeks? :confused:

In any case, both games fortunately seem to be Free to Play now. :) However, Pirates of the Burning Sea is unfortunately among the stable of MMORPG's Sony took down (hopefully only temporarily) in these recent Playstation Network and SOE hacker attacks. :(

-G

Last edited:

Ska

IndyJones5183 said:
I'm trying to beat Staff of Kings for wii.I'm really stuck on one part.

Let us know if you need/want help! I'm sure there's a lot of us here who has played and beaten the game (myself included).

I've been playing a lot of Tiger Woods 12 on the PS3 lately...trying to build my golfer up. I'm one top 5 finish away from making the PGA Tour.

michael

Ska said:
I'm one top 5 finish away from making the PGA Tour.

That's usually when the ground falls out from underneath your feet. ;)

Staff of Kings...ugh...I really need to finish it, I'm trying, I'm really trying!

DiscoLad

Goodsport said:
Thanks, that's good to know. Will Pirates of the Caribbean Online gain even more recognition once the next movie in the series hits theaters in a few weeks? :confused:

In any case, both games fortunately seem to be Free to Play now. :) However, Pirates of the Burning Sea is unfortunately among the stable of MMORPG's Sony took down (hopefully only temporarily) in these recent Playstation Network and SOE hacker attacks. :(

-G

If it hasn't gained recognition by now, then I think not...

But it's good to hear it's free cause it was alot of fun.

IndyJones5183

Ska said:
Let us know if you need/want help! I'm sure there's a lot of us here who has played and beaten the game (myself included).

The part I'm having a hard time with,is the part on the dirigible or blimp where you have to fight the Nazis in the prison room.I'm having a hard time fighting them off.

Unlucky Berman

I paused to play Staff of Kings on Wii when Indy died the 20th or so time in the Piano part on the Odin. Why do LA designers think that one short level with unfair parts would be fun in an all in all too easy game? They did the same in Emperors Tomb with that stupid tank chase level at the end and sometimes I wished that one of those level designers would get under the tank. (n)

So now I am trying my luck with Metroid Prime 3. Besides the controls and graphics are a lot better and the game is challenging while not abruptly unfair. A really good level design and soundtrack. The same goes for Tomb Raider Anniversary which is what Indy as action adventure should have been.
LA need to stop to try copying TR, they never get near that. I wish they would make something they were famous like the old X-Wing/TIE Fighter games and the graphic adventures, maybe a real Indy adventure with lots of good riddles, characters and funny dialogs, well a modern FoA. I mean even Telltale makes now better what once was LA's job. Nowadays LA stands just for boring console clones of games that are a lot better in their original versions.

Montana Smith

Still playing Fallout 3. Completed all the official quests and sub-quests (at least those available to my goody two-shoes character), so I've been downloading all manner of mods just so the game doesn't feel like it's ended.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood barely got a ten minute look-in, before I returned to the Capital Wasteland.

Next up will be Far Cry 2, when it arrives, or rather when I can tear myself away from the Wasteland.

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Next up will be Far Cry 2, when it arrives, or rather when I can tear myself away from the Wasteland.
Just get New Vegas. Gameplaywise, it's essentially More Of The Same, but (at least in my opinion) with even better script & setting.

I just finished Dragon Age 2 a couple of days ago. My verdict? It's not a bad game, but I can understand the mixed feelings. If one is expects an experience akin to Origins, there is some mild disappointment to be had, no doubt. But when approached as a standalone piece... well, I've certainly had better. But I've also had a lot worse.

Currently I'm giving Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a spin. And I must say, it appears to be the first true open-world game that doesn't feel like it has its limitations. So far, when I've set my sights on doing something in a way that seems viable, about nine out of ten times I've been able to pull it off without a hitch. Truly an accomplishment.

Also, the setting is adorable.

And once I'm done with it, next up will be The Witcher 2... oh man, I've been waiting that one for ages.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
Just get New Vegas. Gameplaywise, it's essentially More Of The Same, but (at least in my opinion) with even better script & setting.

That's a game that I'm definitely going to get, but I'm waiting for the inevitable 'Game of the Year' release.

Agent Crab

Just finished STory mode in Mortal Kombat. Now to play arcade mode with everyone else. I did finish Arcade mode with Sektor, Jax and Nightwolf. I am also at 126 of challenge tower.

Anyone have Mortal Kombat?